(Hotfixed) Stunted Direhorn Tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Stunted Direhorn Tamed!

Unread post by Miacoda »

Wheeeeeze I hope this is still a thing tomorrow after work! D: My computer is aweful but I'd love to give it a go and help others if possible!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Miacoda wrote:Wheeeeeze I hope this is still a thing tomorrow after work! D: My computer is aweful but I'd love to give it a go and help others if possible!

CURRENTLY HAVE WHISPERS ON ALT FOR ALLY SIDE. ADD ME TO GET IT.
Last edited by Dialga on Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Dialga wrote:
Miacoda wrote:Wheeeeeze I hope this is still a thing tomorrow after work! D: My computer is aweful but I'd love to give it a go and help others if possible!
Sure Mia! Add me at sneakyfeets#1702

CURRENTLY HAVE WHISPERS ON ALT FOR ALLY SIDE. ADD ME TO GET IT.
If you still have an Ally alt with the whispers I think I can get a lock and couple to summon not going to add anyone until I know this is a go.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

-
Last edited by Dialga on Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Let me try and get a lock really quick I am by the Shado pan garrison and have access to thunder isle if I can not get a lock I will let you know here if I am able to I will add you to battle tag

EDIT: no luck finding a lock this late at night so if someone else needs it let them have it I will be on after work tonight and can try again.
Lelianna
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Lelianna »

Could anyone help me with this tomorrow (if it still works) Or whenever? My btag is Azzy#12360. I really want that cute lil thing.. especially after the tragic loss of my oil-stained wolfy (friggin timewalking dungeons!)
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

still need this on my alli hunter. anyone own a whisper or warlock on alliance?
Tonnes
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Tonnes »

Oh my gosh I would really like to have one of these cause OMG look at them, i sent a friend request to you sneaky(heh followed you from tumblr eh? >.>) but anyone on alliance who would like to help me Tonnes#2412
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

If somebody could help me with my Alliance Hunter, that would be awesome.
Battletag: Valariel#2442
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

humm what about the baby raptors in the troll starting area?
Tonnes
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Tonnes »

Man I wish I wasn't in a different time zone than everyone else T~T hopefully this isnt fixed tomorrow and someone can help me do it but.. Gotta sleep sometime so kdjagbejhbj blehhhh
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Is doing this... okay? I mean I know taming these is pretty harmless, but the extra steps required to do so makes me nervous this goes beyond "clever use of mechanics." Its not like when a pet gets accidentally flagged like the carrion worms. :? Either way, hope everyone gets to enjoy them!
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Quiv wrote:Is doing this... okay? I mean I know taming these is pretty harmless, but the extra steps required to do so makes me nervous this goes beyond "clever use of mechanics." Its not like when a pet gets accidentally flagged like the carrion worms. :? Either way, hope everyone gets to enjoy them!
The standard boilerplate Safe(tm) answer is Blizzard can ban you at any time for anything.

The seasoned glitch exploiter answer is no, they're not going to care. They didn't ban over Garwal, a humanoid, they didn't ban over the fire pets which were actually a real advantage since they couldn't be targeted, and they didn't even ban over the appearance buffed pets which took a TON of effort and a special macro, unless they had hard evidence you were using the 20% constant haste buff buffed pet to kill bosses (and even then, that's me presuming, I've never seen anyone post proof of a ban over it).

This is a beast mob through and through, and while it was labeled friendly, the MOST they would ever do is go in and change the model to a regular direhorn. I hope they don't, and these go the way of the grub worms and just get shrunken down a little bit as they're a tad but not overly large, which was the same case as the Grub worm. They're very cute, and they are literally beasts, so I'm hoping Blizzard allows us to keep them as they inspire people to stay subbed for their special, cool pet instead of hemorrhaging subs like in WoD.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I'm going to be on until 4:30 PST PM today, and I'm going to try and get Ally side done.

I have:

Whispers on both factions to pass on/use.
A 90 Horde warlock, no ally.

Whisper me if you'd like to get set up in a group and I'll do my best.
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I would love to tame a baby direhorn! I don't currently have whispers on any toons yet. I am an Ally hunter lvl 100 named Amyliz...battletag is Amyliz#1913 Thank you! Let me know if I can help somehow.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

THIS IS FIXED. :(

The Hysteria buff no longer works out of Orgrimmar/SW. It falls off the instant you are summoned. This is the quickest hotfix ever I'm sad to say, likely because other players were using it to prank different areas. The tamed dinos are still there, but for everyone else - they are gone.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

But I want my Baby Direhorn :cry:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

People who ruin fun things with exploits and griefing need a pineapple up a certain orifice. I guess it's time to beg Blizzard to just let us tame it normally now!

Attachments
Time For This Strat.jpg
Time For This Strat.jpg (66.28 KiB) Viewed 3065 times
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: (Hotfixed) Stunted Direhorn Tamed!

Unread post by Wamo »

That sucks, sorry to those who missed out. :( I editied the subject and main post to reflect this.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

WerebearGuy wrote:People who ruin fun things with exploits and griefing need a pineapple up a certain orifice. I guess it's time to beg Blizzard to just let us tame it normally now!

Heh, those eyes are cursed. I've never actually seen that work.

That said, for those I did help tame them up, I'm cautiously optimistic that Blizzard won't pay any attention to this at all. I'd guess less than 50 players total managed it, and it'd be really nice for them to just let those hard-working people keep them.

(That and I blew around 50k bribing randoms to summon/whisper for Petopians. C'mon Blizzard! Be cool! :P)