Color Changing Hati?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Color Changing Hati?

Unread post by Shade »

So as soon as I unlocked my artifact I went and got the bow 'hidden' artifact appearance for Titanstrike (its sold by an engineer in Dalaran for like 6400 gold).

Anyways-before I did that Hati was a light blue color. Afterwards she turned a dark blue color.

But now randomly, while out in the world just playing, when I sometimes tame a new pet, dismiss and summon a different pet-Hati changes between the light blue and the dark blue on resummon. I'm not changing my weapon look at all-I am out in the world (I was in Highmountain when I first started noticing it)-but its really funny.

Its become a gag with a friend and I that Hati is jealous of the other pets when she turns light blue.

Anyway is this just a bug or something known to happen? I kind of like it but it did surprise me.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Re: Color Changing Hati?

Unread post by Flyra »

With that particular artifact appearance she does turn a dark blue colour. Not sure if the switching back and forth between light and dark blue is a bug though. :lol:

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It seems to be a bug. I keep getting that too.

To clarify: it happens regularly after Hati despawns or is dismissed. The only reliable way I've seen of fixing the problem is to take a flight path.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Hati always spawn as the light blue color, then a check goes in to verify what artifact appearance you have, then change its color to match it. Normally it happens SO fast we can't see it, but it is possible to see if for some reasons your frame rate goes down so much your game plays in slow motion, like it happened to me one time. From what I managed to test it seems that if we dismiss and summon/tame a pet too fast, the check doesn't go through and Hati remains in his default color. To fix it you have to wait for him to fully despawn from the game world before summoning a pet. You can also unequip Titanstrike, that seems to make him fully despawn near instantly.

Edit: Forgot to mention the price of the bow skin, it starts at 8000 gold and goes down depending on your standing with WotLK Kirin Tor's reputation. So if people don't want to pay full price they have to go back to that expansion and farm that reputation to exalted. :?
ImageImage
Kalliope

Ooh, good call on respeccing. More efficient than using flight paths.

The recent DDoS attacks have been a huge problem in bugging out Hati. I ended up with two of him for a while last night!

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_083116_211425.jpg
WoWScrnShot_083116_211425.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 16874 times

YouTube Edition

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Hopping onto a friend with 2-seater mount (Nightwing, Chopper, Sandstone Drake, etc.) also fixes Hati's color.

P.S. Kalliope, that Skoll name! Right into Solas feels :D
Kalliope

Shelassa wrote:Hopping onto a friend with 2-seater mount (Nightwing, Chopper, Sandstone Drake, etc.) also fixes Hati's color.

P.S. Kalliope, that Skoll name! Right into Solas feels :D
Hee, welcome to my life. <3 This is the entire reason I came back, honestly. This guy dreamvibed me.

Good to know that two seater mounts (as a passenger) work too!

YouTube Edition

Rune
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Rune »

Has anyone gotten to where they've unlocked the other models of Titanstrike yet and seen how Hati's color changes? I haven't seen any besides light blue and dark blue yet, but I remember seeing more colors in the MMO Champion previews.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

A lot of the other looks are super time consuming (do 1000 dungeons with that appearance, f'rex) or 'complete your class hall campaign'. Obligatory wait times.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

A bit off topic but do we know how to change hati back when using the skin swapper?

Also noticed he is darker with the bow skin saw it already in alpha and beta noticed it can sometimes turn lighter when you log back in thou.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I am having a terrible time getting him to stay dark blue. Is anyone else? Un-equipping and re-equipping the bow fixes him, but only until the next time he despawns for any reason.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I haven't even found the un/re-equipping solves it a large part of the time. I do like the darker blue look more with the pets I've been running (Skoll, Tortos lite, wolfKaroma, and the OG blue sporebat) but since I'm also sitting out here in "Seabound Mystics? What are those?" land right now (instead of doing something sensible like continuing to quest to unlock world quests, sigh. Beginning to think all those "they spawn on the hour" conspiracy theorists in the wowhead comments section might actually not be conspiracy theorists after all, didn't have nearly this much trouble in beta :\) it does seem to do it nine times out of ten.

I'm more worried that, since I have TS transmogged, any time Hati ISN'T dark blue and I do a dungeon I'm not getting credit toward unlocking the extra variants on it. I mean, to be fair as far as I know having TS mogged at all will prevent completion and there doesn't seem to be any sort of in-game counter I can look at to see beyond manually counting how many dungeons I do, so :\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.