Hati & Skoll Special Animations/Sounds?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Hati & Skoll Special Animations/Sounds?

Unread post by Rikaku »

So this may contain spoilers about BM Artifact Quest/Dialogue. So if you don't want to know, stop here. :)

So during the BM Artifact quest, you will hear Thorim talk about his wolves, Skoll and Hati. He will mention "Where is Skoll?" referring to the Spirit Beast wolf you can tame in Northrend. I know it was discussed and pondered that if you had both out together, did anything happen. But as far as I knew in the beta, nothing special happened if you had Skoll as your active pet.

Today I'm around level 105 and I have Loque'nahak as my active pet and Hati, as usual. So I'm used to the normal Hati sounds (lightning/howling). Today though I decided it'd be fun to do a whole "lightning motif". I go to stables, pull out Skoll and make him my active and I run around with Skoll and Hati.

Well then I kept hearing this weird "new" lightning sound when I was playing. It's definitely an 'old lightning sound file' (like the sound you hear when your character is getting hit with lightning/shocked usually). But it's not a sound I've heard at all regarding/relating to Titanstrike, Titan's Reach, Hati or Skoll. I kept hearing this sound usually when I was turning in a quest or otherwise standing still. So I began to wonder, is it a special idle animation?

Fast forward to me in Dalaran tonight. I'm chatting with guildies and then I heard it. This time I zoomed out the camera real quick to see what was making the sound and I noticed Hati was sitting next to Skoll (who hadn't moved) and was doing the "howl" animation, but there was no lightning coming down, no howl sound. Instead there was a lightning effect/charge hitting Skoll. Then Hati stopped and ran back to where they were previously.

I thought I was going crazy, but then I went somewhere where it was fairly quiet and watched and waited and sure enough. Hati did it again! I never saw Hati do this to Loque when he was active, only began doing this when I switched to using Skoll.

Some screenshots to show. (Sorry they're big)

Here you can Hati, me, and then Skoll.

Here is when Hati begins running over to where Skoll is before he begins shocking him. It's definitely not a pathing issue, as you can see Skoll and I haven't moved (just the camera angle).

Then Hati sits down and begins to shock Skoll. You can actually see a bit of it here, Skoll has an extra bright white "effect" just behind the tuft of his mane. And it's not the normal lightning that swirls around him, as you can compare it to the lightning just a bit closer to his tail in the same shot. After about 2-3 seconds of this, Hati will stop and return to where he was before.

And I know its not him doing the other lightning animation or a replacement animation. Hati still does his lightning howl, but it doesn't make him move from his spot.

Could this be some special animation that Hati maybe recognizes Skoll? :shock: Or perhaps someone else has had this effect trigger on other active pets?

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090316_005633.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090316_005633.jpg (198.1 KiB) Viewed 19150 times
WoWScrnShot_090316_005637.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090316_005637.jpg (210.06 KiB) Viewed 19150 times
WoWScrnShot_090316_005638.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090316_005638.jpg (254.03 KiB) Viewed 19150 times
hati_tricks.jpg
hati_tricks.jpg (134.35 KiB) Viewed 19150 times
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Hati & Skoll Special Animations/Sounds?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yes, it's definitely just Skoll. I used him and Hati for the majority of my questing until I tamed Bulvinkel & a mana saber in suramar, and he'd only electrocute Skoll. Never any other pet I had.

I love little details like this, and to be able to have two pets "bonded" is beyond cool.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Well that's just really cool! I sat here thinking "maybe I'm crazy". Well, color me a bit more attached to Hati then I already was XD

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Sitting here in my class hall I brought my Skoll out to be with her brother Hati and I can attest to Hati going over to Skoll sitting down and howling but yet to see the lightning could be the class hall is too bright but still cool to see this.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

That is so cool. I hadn't noticed that, since I got Bulvinkel pretty early and have been using mostly him. I'll have to bring Skoll along more often. I never thought I'd end liking, let alone up bonding with, Hati, but that wolf got me good. :lol:
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

So just out of curiosity, does Hati do this when you have the Essence Swapper on?

I have to admit: this little detail is now making me sort of want to get Skoll, where I had no desire before.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

!!!! I've been wondering if it was just Skoll or not.

I love this so much. T_T Thank you, whoever added it! <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's actually really awesome!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've had an essence swapped Skoll for a while now and haven't noticed this (granted I wasn't looking for it either). I wish I could figure out how to unswap Hati back to original appearance.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I love having the two, Hati and Skoll, together for a multitude of reasons.
However, next to Hati and with so much better scenery in the background, Skoll (and some other older models, like Loque'nahak) really look lackluster and angle-y. Not that I love them any less for that, but that's the sad truth.

Admittedly, after the quest chain for Gara in WoD, I had sorta hoped that there would be more coming for Skoll since devs specifically chose Hati over, say, random Storm Raven and mentioned the worg in artifact scenario as well as artifact lore. Especially considering that this look exists within the game and is used by Shamans after unlocking a certain Doomhammer perk (alongside with Frosty and Fiery looks from same category).
Kalliope

Kurasu wrote:So just out of curiosity, does Hati do this when you have the Essence Swapper on?

I have to admit: this little detail is now making me sort of want to get Skoll, where I had no desire before.
He does still do this when swapped! He doesn't do the howling animation anymore though, even if he's still shaped like a wolf. Hati just runs over and does the lightning charge - complete with sound effects. (Can't leave that part out; he just did it right at that moment while I was tabbed out.)

YouTube Edition

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shelassa wrote:I love having the two, Hati and Skoll, together for a multitude of reasons.
However, next to Hati and with so much better scenery in the background, Skoll (and some other older models, like Loque'nahak) really look lackluster and angle-y. Not that I love them any less for that, but that's the sad truth.

Admittedly, after the quest chain for Gara in WoD, I had sorta hoped that there would be more coming for Skoll since devs specifically chose Hati over, say, random Storm Raven and mentioned the worg in artifact scenario as well as artifact lore. Especially considering that this look exists within the game and is used by Shamans after unlocking a certain Doomhammer perk (alongside with Frosty and Fiery looks from same category).
After adding the quest in for the essence swapper, I won't lie. I sort of hold out hope they let us have the option to "update" Skoll to a model like Hati so they match. I say option that way the players who love Skoll as he is don't have to change it if they don't want to.

I didn't notice Loque being a bad clash with Legion, but I might be biased cause he's my absolute favorite pet XD But Skoll definitely hasn't aged well.

But they're just so cute together!! Fingers crossed!
Quiv wrote:I've had an essence swapped Skoll for a while now and haven't noticed this (granted I wasn't looking for it either). I wish I could figure out how to unswap Hati back to original appearance.
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a way for that yet. I haven't bothered to do Mimiron's quest for that reason alone lol

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

By the way, Hati and Skoll related, did Thorim react at Skoll during Titanstrike scenario for anyone? For me he went "Skoll? Skoll! Bah! Where did that worg run off to!", even though worg in question was standing in front of his nose. I thought maybe it was a bug of some sort... But then again, it's Thorim... who doesn't remember his worgs in the mountains :|
Jasanni
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jasanni »

Shelassa wrote:By the way, Hati and Skoll related, did Thorim react at Skoll during Titanstrike scenario for anyone? For me he went "Skoll? Skoll! Bah! Where did that worg run off to!", even though worg in question was standing in front of his nose. I thought maybe it was a bug of some sort... But then again, it's Thorim... who doesn't remember his worgs in the mountains :|
He did the same for me on my draenei, even though I had Skoll with me. I guess it's just standard dialogue! I was so happy when they implemented Hati because I've always loved Skoll and my space goat is storm-themed anyway. XD I always wished I could have both storm wolves, AND NOW IT'S POSSIBLE. I DON'T CARE HOW UNORIGINAL IT IS! And I hadn't been paying attention enough to notice this interaction myself, and it makes me so happy!!!! :D

~ Avatar by Blencem, Signature by Ashaine ~

Kalliope

I figured Thorim had already noticed that Skoll had bonded to me and therefore was no longer his. ;)

YouTube Edition