My Hati is an undead now

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GreenWins

Re: My Hati is an undead now

Unread post by GreenWins »

ßaba wrote:
Quiv wrote:
ßaba wrote:So I've tryed both Gnomish Mind Control Cap, and Gnomish Universal Remote and was able to use my Essence Swapper... But you need to have Hati out to even transfer over the look so if someone figures out how to keep Hati out without your current pet out than maybe we can swap over humanoids and mech of any kind.
You shouldn't have to have Hati out to transfer the image. A pet, yes, but not Hati. I have essence swapped Hati while in MM spec before.
Its weird because I am Channeling the Essence swap on the current look/pet that I have MC'ed but nothing is transferd over to hati at all so I wonder if Blizz has thought ahead with the MC'ing.

I also tried it a few days ago, but I guess no one saw my post. Pretty much I tried a lot of different kind of humanoids, but none of them ever got transferred to Hati. I was also thinking because Hati wasn't out, but you don't need hati out to transfer skin.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

ßaba wrote:Its weird because I am Channeling the Essence swap on the current look/pet that I have MC'ed but nothing is transferd over to hati at all so I wonder if Blizz has thought ahead with the MC'ing.
The Essence Swap mechanic is a bit wonky. I'm with you, I was hoping it would work!
GreenWins wrote:I also tried it a few days ago, but I guess no one saw my post. Pretty much I tried a lot of different kind of humanoids, but none of them ever got transferred to Hati. I was also thinking because Hati wasn't out, but you don't need hati out to transfer skin.
I thought I saw someone mention it not working. Easy for posts to get buried in a thread like this.
RuffydiMonky

Unread post by RuffydiMonky »

what if you mindcontroll an animal and let this animal get the worgen curse and then use the essence swapper? should solve the problem that our normal lv 110 pet cant get hit by worgen.

OR

"Moonfang's Curse" used by Moonfang on Darkmoon Island could work
Darclyght
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Darclyght »

the issue with the mind controls is that the second you use essence swapper it drops the mind control. people have been trying it on all sorts of things with no luck. now as for moonfangs curse does that effect pets if so then sign me and my karklin up for it pronto.
Scarlet Crusader
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Scarlet Crusader »

No curse of moonfang only targets players
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

I found that trying to call a dead pet out will summon Hati, but only for a few seconds before he despawns. I also found that the Essence Swapper could be used on a target controlled by Mind Amplification Dish. So I tried calling Hati out when I had a humanoid mind-controlled with Mind Amplification Dish, but it said I had to dismiss my current pet first. I also attempted to time the Essence Swapper on a mind-controlled target so that they would both end at the same time, then call Hati out as soon as the Essence Swapper was done channeling, but Hati didn't change appearance when I called him out. The cooldown on Mind Amplification Dish is 10 minutes, so I haven't had many attempts at this. I did most of my testing on Bloodmmoon Worgen.

More testing is required. I think I'm onto something here.
Rebcart
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Rebcart »

Maybe you can do some testing on Razorgore, the first boss in BWL? That orb you use is technically a mind control with a very small cooldown, and when you use it, Razorgore DOES become your pet during the MC. Imagine having Razorgore as Hati...
Kniftin
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Kniftin »

I just found someone with this appearance, is this a normal essence swap, or did they use the "exploit?" If so, anyone have an idea where it came from?

edit: first time poster, learning how images work.

Attachments
giantbirdhati.jpg
giantbirdhati.jpg (510.14 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Rebcart
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Rebcart »

That bird is Kil'uun from Talador IIRC. Not sure why it's so large, maybe that's how large it is when you tame it?

EDIT: Just tamed him and it looks like he does grow bigger than your tamed version, but not as big as the original NPC.

Hati on Right, tamed Kil'uun on left
Last edited by Rebcart on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kniftin
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Kniftin »

Rebcart wrote:That bird is Kil'uun from Talador IIRC. Not sure why it's so large, maybe that's how large it is when you tame it?
If that's the case, I wonder why the Terrokar tarrantula doesn't stay big
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Kniftin wrote:
Rebcart wrote:That bird is Kil'uun from Talador IIRC. Not sure why it's so large, maybe that's how large it is when you tame it?
If that's the case, I wonder why the Terrokar tarrantula doesn't stay big
I encountered someone yesterday in Dalaran who had Hati as Thok, only he was Raid Encounter-sized Thok.

Said he never shrunk.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've had Ki'luun tamed for a while and he shrank as expected. I suspect this size thing is some sort of intermittent bug of some sort?
Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

So after changing my Hati into the Demonform yesterday, I unequipped and re-equipped Titanstrike just now and Hati was back to normal. Anyone else?

Edit: Just tried to reacquire it, and nada. Game's over, folks.

Edit#2: Demonform may be gone, but at least one other form remains. Testing others

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Zetharl wrote:So after changing my Hati into the Demonform yesterday, I unequipped and re-equipped Titanstrike just now and Hati was back to normal. Anyone else?

Edit: Just tried to reacquire it, and nada. Game's over, folks.

Edit#2: Demonform may be gone, but at least one other form remains. Testing others
I haven't unequipped my Titanstrike today yet, but there was the hot fix patch, maybe it was stealthily fixed? Now I'm afraid to unequip it lest I lose my mini skeleton. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just reobtained my Fleshbeast (supersized, thanks to crab scaling!), and now I'm nervous. I don't want to lose this ugly thing again. I unequipped and reequipped Titanstrike, and changed specs; Fleshbeast is still safe, thankfully.

The Demon form was a bit ridiculous, due to how enormous it could be. As sad as it is, it's for the better for other players nearby. Hopefully the other larger ones, like Troll Hulk and Filth Slime, stay untouched.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Seems restricted to the unintended ones; I just went through some swaps a bit ago and mine didn't change.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

But what counts as unintended? Obviously the Demon form, but there's plenty of them that shouldn't be, such as Baby Murloc, Fleshbeast, Skeleton, Lasher, Troll Hulk, Filth Slime, Polymorph and Hex variants, etc. Most of these aren't even beasts, save for a few Polymorphs like Monkey.
Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

Quiv wrote:Still trying...

I wonder if having a priest MC one while dueling you would help.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

WerebearGuy wrote:But what counts as unintended? Obviously the Demon form, but there's plenty of them that shouldn't be, such as Baby Murloc, Fleshbeast, Skeleton, Lasher, Troll Hulk, Filth Slime, Polymorph and Hex variants, etc. Most of these aren't even beasts, save for a few Polymorphs like Monkey.
Well, that's the question, isn't it? :) We'll have to see what information people report in with.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

snorkel_dolphin
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by snorkel_dolphin »

I still have the baby murloc, even after unequipping and reequipping Titanstrike.