My Hati is an undead now

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GreenWins

Re: My Hati is an undead now

Unread post by GreenWins »

Rebcart wrote:A bit late but I found you could use the Essence Swapper on the Moonfall Riding Hippogryph during the "Air Superiority" world quest in Suramar. It has the same look as the mount you get from Glory of the Legion Hero (maybe a little more purple but I'm not sure).

You were able to get the skin? I tried before and it never applied the skin.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm surprised the swapper doesn't just copy the look of whatever NPC ID is in use in the currently summoned call pet. I know we have identically named beasts with different looks, but aren't the ID unique?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Quiv wrote:I'm surprised the swapper doesn't just copy the look of whatever NPC ID is in use in the currently summoned call pet. I know we have identically named beasts with different looks, but aren't the ID unique?
It would just have to make note of npc id and color. There are a few hunter pets and battle pets that have multiple colors on one npc id.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It feels like beating a dead horse at this point, but to try to put it another way: if they put the essence swapper in in the first place as a favor to players who wanted to change the look of Hati, then isn't that even more of a reason to respect their wishes and use their "gift" (for lack of a better word) responsibly? It wasn't even in their original design plans to begin with, so I see no reason that they should feel behooved to keep it in if people keep going against their wishes. In fact, putting it in in the first place really was a favor when you consider it was added specifically for one spec out of three, for one class out of...twelve? However many. It's overall a small percentage, yet they went out of their way to add this in for us. So...perhaps we should not take it for granted?

I'm not saying that will happen or that I want it to happen, but I think the take-away from all this is, better safe than sorry. They don't "have" to keep it in when it wasn't even originally there in the first place, and I'm having a hard time understanding why the thread seems to have taken a turn from, "I know this is isn't intended so don't get attached," to, "This isn't hurting anyone so we deserve to keep it." We knew it wasn't meant to be, so I don't get why people suddenly seem so stubborn in their refusal to let it go. :| We have tons of pet families to turn Hati into, so why do we have to keep forcing the issue with these unintended appearances?

That's all I think I have to say on the subject so from here on I'll just be an observer. I just hope you guys really think about what *could* happen, and whether it's worth it in the end.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kalliope wrote:My Titan's Watch dark blue Hati appearance is now bugged and not appearing when I swap between default looks, even on pet dismissal. I can only see the default.

Not sure what's going on there, but it's a problem.

Going to go change him back to the old lightning wolf appearance now, so I won't be able to test further. I had enough trouble keeping him dark blue before due to random bugginess; I'm not going back to that again.

Edit: Fixed upon zoning back to Dalaran. But he may still need to be looked at.

I know it's late, but just because I noticed a lot of people having this issue since I get whispered all the time in game about people asking me how I kept Hati one color.

It seems that "Call Pet" will always summon default-light blue Hati. So if you dismiss/call pet, you will always get light blue-hati. Hati will, however, return to his intended color (depending on your Titanstrike appearance) if he despawns naturally without dismiss pet. The quickest way to do this is unequip Titanstrike for a second and then re-equip. Hati will appear in the color he's supposed to/not default light blue.

That's what I've been doing, since I dismiss/call pet a lot in dungeons or out in the world and my pets get stuck. I try not to use call pet on Hati cause the light blue color is probably my least favorite color XD Dark blue or black is love though.

Anywho, hope this helps others :)

Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

Rhyela wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding why the thread seems to have taken a turn from, "I know this is isn't intended so don't get attached," to, "This isn't hurting anyone so we deserve to keep it."
Who said we "deserve" the other looks?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm not going to quote individuals or say what I've already said, but there have been comments that, at least over the internet, make it sound that way. Like Blizz just wants to poop on everyone's parade and make WoW a no-fun zone because they're stripping away looks that we knew weren't going to last in the first place. :lol: Since it's "Blizz's fault" that an item that they put in late in beta had the unintended side-effect of letting people do things they weren't supposed to do, that it's somehow unfair that it's being taken away. I don't know. That's just what I'm hearing from behind my monitor. If that's all anyone got from my last post, then I feel the point was missed.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
BaneFalcon
Realm: Zul'Jin

Unread post by BaneFalcon »

Day 3 now, and my little piggie polymorph swap is still working. And to those who are getting very ...animated... about it, no I haven't been banned yet, nor have I had my swapper taken away.

My pet is not invisible, it's not untargetable, and it's not some massive demon that towers over the battlefield. It's simply a little pig, so Baconbullet can travel with a side of Bacon.

And since I don't play on an RP realm, no one on my server (especially myself) seems to care about immersion being broken by a tauren named Baconbullet running around with a piglet of doom.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rikaku wrote:
Kalliope wrote:My Titan's Watch dark blue Hati appearance is now bugged and not appearing when I swap between default looks, even on pet dismissal. I can only see the default.

Not sure what's going on there, but it's a problem.

Going to go change him back to the old lightning wolf appearance now, so I won't be able to test further. I had enough trouble keeping him dark blue before due to random bugginess; I'm not going back to that again.

Edit: Fixed upon zoning back to Dalaran. But he may still need to be looked at.

I know it's late, but just because I noticed a lot of people having this issue since I get whispered all the time in game about people asking me how I kept Hati one color.

It seems that "Call Pet" will always summon default-light blue Hati. So if you dismiss/call pet, you will always get light blue-hati. Hati will, however, return to his intended color (depending on your Titanstrike appearance) if he despawns naturally without dismiss pet. The quickest way to do this is unequip Titanstrike for a second and then re-equip. Hati will appear in the color he's supposed to/not default light blue.

That's what I've been doing, since I dismiss/call pet a lot in dungeons or out in the world and my pets get stuck. I try not to use call pet on Hati cause the light blue color is probably my least favorite color XD Dark blue or black is love though.

Anywho, hope this helps others :)
...you know, I'd actually been doing this for dark blue Hati and forgot to try swapping weapons without respeccing. Thank you! I do hope that while the devs are poking around at Hati, this gets fixed too, since it's one of the reasons I don't want to run with dark blue Hati at this point.

@Rhyela, that's not what most people are saying at all. It's a question of whether players should be using these probably-still-unintended-but-not-gamebreaking looks while they're still obtainable. As far as we know, only the demon form was deemed unbalanced enough to fully fix so far (no doubt due to the size and because it made Hati look like another player). Time will tell if others will be blocked or not.

The vibe I've been getting from the thread is that most people understand that this might not last. It's not Blizz coming down hard on fun; it's other players. If there's another hotfix for Hati appearances, then most likely they're all going to get wiped again regardless of whether or not players are actively using unintended appearances. After all, the team's got to be sure they were all caught. I'll say it one more time: as long as the appearance used isn't something that would give the player an unfair advantage over others and would qualify as a bannable offense, this is a relatively harmless thing when it comes to "clever use of game mechanics."

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I won't be liked for saying this, and it may have been said already, but I am not reading through almost three pages to see exactly what was said and what wasn't.

For those questioning though. What could make this bannable is that blizzard has already diplomatically stated to stop changing Hati, even wiping the looks and people are still doing a "F you" so to speak and reverting him back to a non beast look which IS an exploit and as such against the ToS which is bannable. I don't care how you try and word it to make it acceptable.

This will probably offend.
Reminds me of little kids.

Mom buys kid's favorite cookie that kid can only have after dinner.
Kid get into cookie, gets caught and cookies get put into a higher place with a warning.
Kid sneers and gets into cookies again.
This angers mom and she takes cookies away permanently.
Kid cries saying mom is being "mean, it's not fair" throws a tantrum and storms off while mom says "I warned you."

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Said this before and will say it again that Blizzard has flat out said to stop changing Hati into things not allowed and yet you are still doing it which is like spitting in their face while they are nice enough to give us this neat toy to make Hati look like another of our pets many players don't seem to give a rats behind about anyone but themselves which if further provoked Blizzard can remove it just like they removed the xp from pet battles. My hunter is only 103 and hasn't gotten this yet and I will be pissed off if because of selfish players disobeying Blizzard forces them to remove this item.

Why do you all think they reverted the Hatis changed into other things, because though not hurting anyone it is still an exploit of the game why else would they turn them back to Hati also we hunters have so many options that are legal to turn him into so why continue to poke the bear.

Again I will ask nicely to please stop using this item to turn Hati into anything not allowed and respect other players wishes by not acting like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.
Zetharl

Unread post by Zetharl »

zedxrgal wrote:This will probably offend.
Reminds me of little kids.
Iowawolf wrote:Again I will ask nicely to please stop using this item to turn Hati into anything not allowed and respect other players wishes by not acting like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.
So far, the only people I see a acting offended and throwing a tantrum are those telling others to stop.

Muzzie

Unread post by Muzzie »

You guys really give blizzard a lot of credit where it isn't due...

The most disgusting thing, in context, is that this is getting both addressed AND hotfixed even though it is trivial- meanwhile, hunters have broken animations (and that is apparently A-okay), lack abilities and pet interaction, and CAN'T EVEN USE FLIGHTMASTER WHISTLE CORRECTLY if you took the useless trap that is eagle network.

To put it bluntly- if the point of the exploit is that we were all giving ourselves invisible, untargetable Hatis- it would STILL be trivial. Hunters are fodder in pvp at the moment anyway.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Tbh I still miss my fire pet from back in Cata, I know he had to go but it was so much fun to use.
Great times were had in Org via sitting him on top of players while named a fire effect.

I didn't go after this personally since I main SV. Most I would have done is chase people around in PvP with the troll/plant hati lmao.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Zetharl wrote:So far, the only people I see a acting offended and throwing a tantrum are those telling others to stop.
Agreed. Acting as if turning your pet into a skeleton or a murloc for a few days before this is inevitably patched is not "stealing from the cookie jar". Nor is it "throwing a tantrum."

This is no different from getting the oil-stained wolves, slime crocolisks, grubs, or baby direhorns. If it's an issue, it will be removed.

If it's not, don't act all high and mighty as if we hunters have some massive responsibility to not enjoy harmless fun because of something unintended.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Why is this so controversial? Blizzard said stop. That means stop. Continuing to do is exploiting according to ToS. Idk why it suddenly became such a big deal to ask others to follow the rules so you don't ruin everyone's fun, which if you keep it up you just might. How many times do you think they'll ask nicely? Willing to bet not again since everyone's taking advantage of this exploit yet again even after told to stop.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Effigy wrote:Why is this so controversial? Blizzard said stop. That means stop. Continuing to do is exploiting according to ToS. Idk why it suddenly became such a big deal to ask others to follow the rules so you don't ruin everyone's fun, which if you keep it up you just might. How many times do you think they'll ask nicely? Willing to bet not again since everyone's taking advantage of this exploit yet again even after told to stop.
So much this, Blizzard has been gracious enough to give us an item to customize Hati when they could have just said screw you hunters you all have to have a blue wolf with lightning running around but they didn't do that they let us pick a pet to replace Hati with so we can have more fun with our pets.

If players keep this up and continue to exploit then they will have no choice but to either nerf it into the ground or remove it completely and if they did that I will be very upset because of how toxic and selfish other players have become trying to ruin it for those of us who use it the way it is intended.
Windstryker
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Windstryker »

I know we're in chaos over the situation but, if it even still works ( appears that it does ) might the sprites from http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31082/grea ... -salvation work?
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Blizzard wrote:Developers’ Notes: Due to a bug, some hunters had Hati transform with the Essence Swapper into appearances that are unintended. A fix has been made for this to prevent future issues, but to get rid of any unintended appearances that players may already have, Hati’s appearance will be reverted to the default blue wolf when first summoned, and should retain any appearance changes thereafter. The Essence Swapper will continue to allow you to change Hati’s appearance to match that of your currently active hunter pet.
Have they said anything else on the issue past that point, or are "Blizzard is fine with it" and "Blizzard said stop" both coming from these three sentences?

Metamorphosis Hati is clearly no longer working, and meta-Hati was both the most common and the most annoying for other players due to its size. I haven't tried invisi-Hati because it spooked me too much the first time, but as I mentioned at the time that one was discovered, it was rife for... well, it was rife for something, since it made Hati untargetable, and I guess if you wanted to cheese a hunter off by killing the pet they can't actually track the HP of it made that more difficult, but either way I greatly suspect that invisi-Hati isn't obtainable anymore either. In the dev notes for the hotfix they state pretty clearly that "a fix has been made for this to prevent future issues," and correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like this is where the division is coming from.

One camp feels that because a hotfix was done rolling Hati's appearance back for everybody, that means that ANY "trick tame" Hatis are unacceptable to Blizzard ("some hunters had Hati transform with the Essence Swapper into appearances that are unintended"). The natural extension of this camp is that continuing to "trick tame" Hati is a violation of the Terms of Service because it is now classified as an exploit.

The other camp feels that since not all the "creative" Hati transformations were broken, but clearly some were (notably the ones that made life difficult for other players) AND Blizzard outright stated that they fixed the problem ("a fix has been made for this to prevent future issues"), the remaining "trick tame" Hatis are either acceptable or at the very least not an exploit and an additional fix for game-breaking versions will come down the pipeline at a later date. The extension of this camp's philosophy is that continuing to "trick tame" Hati is NOT a violation of the Terms of Service because the exploitable Hatis are no longer in the game.

Do I have that mostly correct?
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Have people forgotten the slime crocolisk?

It was an obviously-unintended pet appearance. But when they fixed it, they let those who had it already keep it (even though they could have removed it, like they did with the Worgen). So those who exploited the bug were rewarded with a unique-looking pet, while those who "did the right thing" by not taking advantage of the bug were punished as they no longer were able to acquire it.

Given this precedent Blizzard set, it is ridiculous to suggest that people who are taking advantage of the current bug are acting inappropriately. It would be ludicrous to ban players for having a non-beast pet when they have been okay with players having a non-beast pet for years.