Are these not on petopia?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Are these not on petopia?

Unread post by Qinni »

Saw these pretty light blue ish purple crabs and didnt see them on here.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091116_210415.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091116_210415.jpg (351.97 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Are these not on petopia?

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've seen those too, and I don't know if it's a lighting thing or if they are legitimately new.

What zone is that? I've been to Stormheim, Highmountain and Azsuna so far. I can't remember where I saw them. I even think that the ones I saw were more cream-colored than that but still had bluish tints. Now it's going to bug me that I didn't tame one. Maybe it's because I saw it on one of my alts.....

Edit: You're right, I don't see Spikebacked Scuttler anywhere on Petopia. Interestingly, wowhead has it as a red model even though screenshots clearly show it's that creamy bluish purple. I'm determined to search around Azsuna tonight to see if I find anything. I'm also now fairly certain that this is the same crab that I saw and that it stood out to me, too. At first I thought it was a different one, but that screenshot on wowhead is pretty much exactly what I saw. Again, it could be lighting, but I'd like to see it for myself.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Ive got a feeling that they went and changed a bunch of beasts after Wain did all his work updating the site. When I saw this thread, I was looking through crabs to see if it was here, and I looked at: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... centpurple

When I clicked on the link for the Deep Water Clacker (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=111387), it is show as a green crab instead of what Wain has here. Thats dirty to do to him!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I've seen the lavender/blue crabs too. But I can't recall where, so that doesn't help. I think they did change alot of things at the last second, cause I've noticed alot of discrepancies on Wowhead. Maybe we should help Wain check things?
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Rhyela wrote:Edit: You're right, I don't see Spikebacked Scuttler anywhere on Petopia. Interestingly, wowhead has it as a red model even though screenshots clearly show it's that creamy bluish purple.
The wowhead model viewer has trouble displaying with the combo crab skins correctly. It only shows the base skin and not the overlapping skin. With a red base and blue overlay it would be this combo.

But you are right I don't see it on Petopia database. Maybe the crab skins need a relook to get them correct.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Rhyela wrote:I've seen those too, and I don't know if it's a lighting thing or if they are legitimately new.

What zone is that? I've been to Stormheim, Highmountain and Azsuna so far. I can't remember where I saw them. I even think that the ones I saw were more cream-colored than that but still had bluish tints. Now it's going to bug me that I didn't tame one. Maybe it's because I saw it on one of my alts.....

Edit: You're right, I don't see Spikebacked Scuttler anywhere on Petopia. Interestingly, wowhead has it as a red model even though screenshots clearly show it's that creamy bluish purple. I'm determined to search around Azsuna tonight to see if I find anything. I'm also now fairly certain that this is the same crab that I saw and that it stood out to me, too. At first I thought it was a different one, but that screenshot on wowhead is pretty much exactly what I saw. Again, it could be lighting, but I'd like to see it for myself.
in Azsuna around the murlocs and ghost night elf people.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Weird they're supposed to be there! I'll have a look and see what's going on. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I definitely think they're different. I got a pic of normal blue crabs alongside this guy.

It's actually rather pretty!

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091216_213409.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091216_213409.jpg (197.39 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
WoWScrnShot_091216_213912.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091216_213912.jpg (131.13 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Fixed! Thanks for the report :)

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... abred-blue

The two crabs that use this look *were* in the database but I'd somehow forgotten to add the appearance. As such they never showed up :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awesome! Thanks Wain! And good on you for reporting it, Qinni! I saw it and forgot all about it until you said something. :lol: