Essence Swapper undo?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Essence Swapper undo?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I had Hati revert back to his original form in a timewalking today... I'm not sure what caused it, and dismissing and resummoning fixed it... but I was in Black morass.

Might be worth trying to see if you can replicate it in there; even though it wasn't permanent for me, maybe using the swapper when this bug happens will make it stick?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Gotta try out Timewalking then when I'm back at my PC, thanks for the suggestion!

For me, personally, it isn't even that I want Hati's default form so badly, I run around with Skoll and Hati swapped into Thundermaw so that their models match but tints are different. It's just that with all the nerfs and weird decisions made around hunters of all specs, also lacking a clear way tool to revert Hati back without having to jump through the hoops feels a bit dissatisfying.

Add to the fact that I primarily PvP and I haven't seen that game component in such a sucky state like forever and I just sometimes feel cheated :D

Rant over. :D
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

FYI. Time Walking definitely does something to Hati. I don't have the swapper yet but in several time walking dungeons this morning Hati seemed to be having some problems. He would disappear a lot fading back to existence once KC or DB was hit. Sometimes I had to dismiss and resummon my pet to get him to come back. I first noticed it in mana tombs. Thought it was a glitch but it kept happening through every TW dungeon I ran. Not to mention he was back to nonchalantly just slowly walking to the mob. Like as if he was REALLY unhappy to be fighting anything at 06:30 am. :roll:

I will check again this afternoon when home from work to see if he's still being lazy glitchy wolf or not. But I suspect TW indeed wipes appearance /swapped Hati.

Anyone had problems with him in TW like this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Didn't want to make a new thread.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Right now on PTR Image of Mimiron in Class Order Hall has a new dialogue option that asks him to restore Hati's previous look (and it actually works!).
Last edited by Shelassa on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

That seems like a logical place for it, and I actually wondered why they hadn't made that an option with Mimiron to start with. When it finally makes it live, assuming it does, I'll finally be able to use the essence swapper. Yay.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shelassa wrote:Right now on PTR Image of Mimiron in Class Order Hall has a new dialogue option that asks him to restore Hati's previous look (and it actually works!).

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH

This is MEGA HUGE news (imo anyways), I'm surprised I didn't hear it around the Hunter forums/threads/blogs til now. THAT IS AWESOME! Thanks for the info! 8D

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Can't wait for it to make it to live :)

Also at the very least so far on PTR I didn't have troubles with Hati (in his default form) coming up in right color, so I'm ever hopeful it's fixed.
Size weirdness at Essence Swapper for now persists, though.