Best appearances to swap onto Hati with his weird fast-walk?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Best appearances to swap onto Hati with his weird fast-walk?

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

If someone else asked something like this already, I apologize as I didn't see it when I looked.

The thing that bugs me most about Hati isn't his name, or his noisy and flashy lightning, or his lack of abilities (not counting the artifact traits which I don't think count anyway personally).

It's that damn walk. He doesn't use a running animation unless he's moving at a particularly blistering pace, such as when I'm mounted up. It's a big reason I've gone all-in with survival, while I first planned to main survival and play around with BM on the side.

Someone mentioned tallstriders being a good candidate for Hati swaps because it closely matches their old run animation, before they got the hawkstrider animations. I haven't tried this one myself, but after trying a few pets and being unsatisfied, are there any that look okay with Hati's walk and aren't super weird or fast? I'll play with a few more myself and let you guys know if I find anything I like.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Best appearances to swap onto Hati with his weird fast-w

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Maybe try a bird? Owl, eagle, crow/raven, etc... I had Hati as an owl for awhile and their walk is just a slower flying animation so it's hardly noticeable. In fact I almost prefer their walk.

Cats are also decent and I've enjoyed using twin manasabers. A cat prowling slowly towards your target is at the very least 100x better than the wolf shuffling around.

Others I haven't tried but might look fine: serpents, bats, beetles, moths, nether rays, wind serpents, wasps, spiders, silithids, dragonhawks, scorpions, worms.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was thinking about a mana wyrm! They're not overly large, and the lightning would look cool I think. And since they float/glide through the air I feel the animation wouldn't be as noticeable. :) (plus there's that nice new HD skin for the Broken Isles ones)
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Lupen202 wrote:Maybe try a bird? Owl, eagle, crow/raven, etc... I had Hati as an owl for awhile and their walk is just a slower flying animation so it's hardly noticeable. In fact I almost prefer their walk.

Cats are also decent and I've enjoyed using twin manasabers. A cat prowling slowly towards your target is at the very least 100x better than the wolf shuffling around.

Others I haven't tried but might look fine: serpents, bats, beetles, moths, nether rays, wind serpents, wasps, spiders, silithids, dragonhawks, scorpions, worms.
Just tried wind serpent as it's one of my favorites, and sadly, it air-humps really spastically. On the up side, I think Ban'thalos works really well. The slower flying makes the wing trails a little less... everywhere. I haven't tried a cat yet but I did try a mech-wolf, and it shares its animations with plaguehounds/darkhounds and has a sort've prowly walk as well. It's a little fast, but it might work if cats aren't your thing.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I don't think my sand reaver Hati is that different from my regular sand reaver, but I'm not overly picky about that kind of thing.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I no longer have Hati but I've seen many a different pet swapped and the SB cats (mainly Gondria) walk normally. The other was turtles. All the turtle models seem to move at normal speed.
Maybe go on a taming spree and try things out?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I immediately turned Hati into my Panzer. And other than the fact his steps constantly 'pitter-pat' audible he looks just fine. And I actually love the lightning crackling around his head. Wish it was his shell, but hey!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

A cow?
A chicken?
A prarie dog?
ooo! ooo! ooo! What about one of those critters in stone talon that have the guns and helmets and knives? :D Army squirrel!
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Kayb wrote:A cow?
A chicken?
A prarie dog?
ooo! ooo! ooo! What about one of those critters in stone talon that have the guns and helmets and knives? :D Army squirrel!
Um, as cute as those suggestions are, none of them are valid (except maybe a chicken, if the trick skin still works).

I haven't tried Ban'thalos but if it makes him flap slower I kinda like that idea. I did tallstrider and mechanical chicken so far, just because that's what I like, but a slow flapping flyer would probably look pretty nice.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I used a mana wyrm, one of the dark purple ones from Blade's Edge.

Hati is AMAZING as a mana wyrm! The lightning zaps make him look overcharged (some mana wyrms already have that effect but lose it on taming, so it's kinda like having a trick-tame), and Hati's weird walk doesn't translate to the wyrm's floating at all. Plus, bonus, he's small so he isn't always in my way when I'm trying to loot or skin. 10/10 would mog again.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Sporebat or Netherray?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Welp I found my winner of the non-trick Hati skin swap - the mechanical sheep. It BUTT WIGGLES like a corgi when it walks! It's also pretty darn small for a hunter pet so it doesn't visually get in the way, and it's quiet too, I was thinking it'd make all sorts of whirring sounds or bleating sounds but it doesn't.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

peanutbuttercup wrote:I found my winner of the non-trick Hati skin swap - the mechanical sheep.
I have no interest in mech pets for my regular hunter pets, but it is a great idea for a hati skin, with the lightning aura. I may just pick up the mech unlock later in the expansion when it's cheaper.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:I found my winner of the non-trick Hati skin swap - the mechanical sheep.
I have no interest in mech pets for my regular hunter pets, but it is a great idea for a hati skin, with the lightning aura. I may just pick up the mech unlock later in the expansion when it's cheaper.
Yes, the lightning also works very well with this skin, I think of it as an exploding sheep gone haywire. Mechanical chicken didn't work as well, the lightning effect is a bit too high, making it look somewhat disconnected from the pet. Haven't tried others since I'm out of stable space again. :oops:
Marintha
Realm: Gorgonnash

Unread post by Marintha »

I actually have my Hati as the mechanical rabbit. It looks fantastic - it might move a little bit faster than normal, but it works because it's a metal bunny, lol!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Not sure if you like these but saw a hunter with Image last night and it not only was really small for a water strider but it also walked normally and kept up with it hunter. Saw it in the Hunter Hall several times.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Best appearances to swap onto Hati

lightning bug Hati!
Attachments
lightning bug.jpg
lightning bug.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's actually quite clever! :lol: That would probably work pretty well with the BC wasps, too.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.