Second Hati Wipe, "trick tames" gone

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Second Hati Wipe, "trick tames" gone

Unread post by Xella »

I'm a little hesitant to start another thread cos the last one on the topic got, um... heated, but it is useful information to know and there's not really a good existing thread to tack it onto, so...

There appears to have been a second Hati wipe, though whether it's of all Hatis or just "unacceptable" Hatis I'm not entirely sure (nor am I sure if it's complete or still in progress). Additionally, while the essence swapper can still be used in combat, if your primary pet is under the effect of a polymorph at the time the cast swaps, nothing will happen—Hati won't despawn and respawn as your pet (normal OR polymorphed model), and despawning/respawning him will keep him with the look he had before you started the cast.

I can't say if this is the case with every "trick tame" Hati we had access to before, but I tested it with a mage's polymorph (base sheep version) and the leper gnomes in the crypt by Wintergarde Keep, both with Hati mogged into the pet I had out, mogged into a different pet, and without Hati out at all (via having Titanstrike unequipped). I didn't try any additional "skins" but the poly and the gnomes having the same behaviour (which is markedly different than the behaviour of a regular hati essence swap) makes me think it's pretty universal now.

More distressingly, at least for me (though I'm absolutely in the minority on this one lol), the actual Murky battle pet cannot be renamed "Hati" because the name "Hati" is reserved and cannot be given to battle pets... so I can't even keep Murloc-Hati in spirit ;_;

Hati mogs that regained their wild version's loudness/stompiness (Thok, riverbeasts, etc.) still do that, and Thok-Hati is still noticeably larger than Thok'delar (though not as large as that one week, lol) so Hati's still not "perfect" but I suspect the fixing of the stomp won't actually take a wipe to accomplish, so.

We knew this was coming if the remaining "trick tames" weren't going to be grandfathered in, but at least now we know for sure what the stance on them is, or was. I'm sad it happened, but oh well :( There will never be another Hati less likely to get in the way than you, Murloc-Hati, and you and your ability to make me feel like having a second pet constantly getting under my cursor and popping eggs in Darkheart Thicket wasn't so bad will be missed!
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Second Hati Wipe, "trick tames" gone

Unread post by Kalliope »

My Hati hasn't changed, so it looks like the devs figured out how to restrict the wipe this time.

My condolences to all those impacted. At least we knew this was probably coming. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Actually, I just now saw a troll berserker Hati, so either they weren't all wiped or that one hasn't been yet.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

My Hati is still the same. :mrgreen:

uttereast

Unread post by uttereast »

Hey there, I just saw a Hati that had been turned into a Val'kyr-- is this still possible and is there a way to turn him back to normal yourself? /outoftheloop
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My little skeleton Hati is still the same. :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100616_172547.png
WoWScrnShot_100616_172547.png (524.37 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Xella wrote: More distressingly, at least for me (though I'm absolutely in the minority on this one lol), the actual Murky battle pet cannot be renamed "Hati" because the name "Hati" is reserved and cannot be given to battle pets... so I can't even keep Murloc-Hati in spirit ;_;
Hati should actually be spelled Háti. The code for á is ALT+0225. So, maybe try that? Hopefully it would work :)

http://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-cre ... ts/fenrir/
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Ehhhhh I could but the Warcraft wolf isn't Háti, it's Hati :x I dunno, it's a dumb distinction but my murky's just gonna remain Murky for now.

(alt+e then a for á on a mac, for reference!)

I'm not really sure what's up with Hati now, to be honest. I still can't turn Hati into anything "special" but if y'all have kept yours, maybe the murloc really was too much... but the others aren't? Or maybe they've blocked up the whole and are manually cleaning them up? man idek :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

You could always try the "i" alt codes, they are a little less obvious?
  • ï alt code 139
    î alt code140
    ì alt code141
Hatî or Hatï or Hatì ?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Nah, it's not something I can trick my brain into—I will always know it's there, so it's kind of pointless. I've got a couple battle pets in the mech family that are like "Robowhatever mk Ill" and it bothers me every time I look at them even though I'm the one who did it, rofl :P

(My mini diablo is named Teufel or some such because "Diablo" is taken, but my mini tyrael was totally fine just being named plain 'ol Tyrael. I really do not understand the reserved name list sometimes.)
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Aww I just saw a space goat in town with a Hati-Bombay Cat, and asked about it as I live under a rock and am only level 101 hah! They mentioned the mage thing, I saved it, to Porky Pork my Hati come 110... so sad to hear, I really wanted a Porky Pork Pig for my Hati. :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

My wisp Hati is still going strong, though I'm fully prepared for him to change at any point. The wisp is nice and small without a walk/run animation, plus it fits my main who's a nelf.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

The world quest version of the Wisp quest was (is) up today and since I still haven't found a satisfactory Hati replacement I gave it a go. Wisp Hati is still obtainable without issue. Which made me wonder, is it just because duel-polymorph and leper hati were because of combat? So once I finished the emmissary for the day I went down and found a mob and let it beat up my pet while I essence swapped, and... that worked too, wisp hati turned into corehound-hati, despite combat.

So now I'm REALLY confused what the limitations are. Was it JUST murloc-hati, or even (to get into full-fledged paranoia mode) just my Murloc-Hati, that was wiped? Did I hit some sort of hiccup, was my account scrubbed of shenanigans once I finally gave in and rage-cancelled the other day? What is going on?
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

You all like your trick tame Hati's right? Please help convince them to leave Hati alone DX. Since hell they put petopian players as npcs at the Hunter hall so clearly you guys made impacts. D-: if not we gonna have to say good bye to them tomorrow )-:.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:My little skeleton Hati is still the same. :)
Do you still have the skeleton Hati? :-o
Vephriel

Takanuka wrote:
Vephriel wrote:My little skeleton Hati is still the same. :)
Do you still have the skeleton Hati? :-o
Yep! He's getting a lot of compliments for the Halloween season.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102416_233246.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102416_233246.jpg (201.85 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well hope either the ones we got are grandfathered in or something because really isn't breaking the game.............. and yet there are so many glitches that are and they don't bother fixing those..... seems like they prefer to fix cosmetic and harmless things over actual game breaking issues like in arena being paired with no one so you are left with a handicap, players pulling the flag under the map in warsong and twin peaks to hold the game hostage, and other things. Blizzard is really [removed word we don't use here] if they value cosmetic and harmless things over actual harmful gameplay impacting things like those and so much more I could bring up but hell its late here.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And really if they cry about hati not being a beast they why do they allow ppl with that slime to use the slime as a hati appearance if the slime isn't a beast and really don't understand why they let them keep it but not minor things like this.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Takanuka wrote:Well hope either the ones we got are grandfathered in or something because really isn't breaking the game.............. and yet there are so many glitches that are and they don't bother fixing those..... seems like they prefer to fix cosmetic and harmless things over actual game breaking issues like in arena being paired with no one so you are left with a handicap, players pulling the flag under the map in warsong and twin peaks to hold the game hostage, and other things. Blizzard is really retarded if they value cosmetic and harmless things over actual harmful gameplay impacting things like those and so much more I could bring up but hell its late here.
When it comes this and such a variety of issues, they are actually dealt with by different people and different departments. They all have different levels of management, responsibilities, timelines, proprieties, etc, etc.
You could liken it to requesting help at the deli counter while in the hosiery section :lol:

I'm sure we can all relate to a multitude of things we could think of solving or fix, but Blizzard is a VERY big company and some things that seem simple are anything but, and difficult things sometimes get sorted rather easily. (Eyes of the beast Anyone? :roll: )

Essentially your coming from a place of passion, you love the game, which is why we are all here. But we also have to abide by their rules and decisions, it can be frustrating, but it's their game after all.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

Ahh, I had a feeling this would happen, but looks like last night was my last with skeleton Hati. That's okay though! I enjoyed him while I had him, and now I have an excuse to dual-wield purple mana wyrms. :)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102516_135428.png
WoWScrnShot_102516_135428.png (769.94 KiB) Viewed 3679 times