Oil Glitch Wolf - a sad day for me first post.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
wulfsbane

Oil Glitch Wolf - a sad day for me first post.

Unread post by wulfsbane »

SO today after many years I just lost the oil glitched wolf effect from my pet. I literally couldn't believe it. I was always however led to believe that the effect would only be lost through arena matches as i had no issues in the past going into Dungeons. But today after a time-walking one its gone. Its just awful! I wanted to smash my keyboard to pieces as i was looking forward to having duel oil glitch wolves with BM spec as i just dinged 110.

My most unique pet gone. I did open a ticket but im not going to get my hopes up.

So just be aware when taking pets into Dungeons..this is just a heads up.

Is there anything out there atm that i can work on getting that's been kept low key and something that not all hunters ( or those that arnt aware of petopia) have? Im gonna rock Chimaeron from BWD but i want something a bit more rare and unusual then that.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Oil Glitch Wolf - a sad day for me first p

Unread post by Bowno »

Yeah D: Time walking wipes visual effects from pets :C Sorry for your loss.
As for something rare.. Hm. I mean besides a spirit beast, there really isn't much any more that is considered 'rare' or 'unusual', since everything unique has either been removed/unobtainable or has been just meshed in with all the other families.

Siggy under construction!

Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Bheleu »

I saw a post about this somewhere. No screenshots - but hopefully it will make it into 7.1 and give us back the oil-stained look......

machine fluid
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

There is a sticky about this right in this very forum! Blizzard can restore pets, but I don't think the restored pets come with effects. It'll just be the base model. It's still worth a shot.
i was looking forward to having duel oil glitch wolves with BM spec as i just dinged 110.
Hati doesn't keep the oil glitch, at least last time I tried.

And yes, the machine fluid in 7.1 can give you a similar (though not exactly the same) effect. It's easy to get stacks of it.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yes sadly there is a sticky post on top of this forum warning about this so it'd been known for a while. Most folks who have glitch pets use them sparingly since anything that wipes buffs will affect those pets, i.e. arenas and timewalking.

And yes Hati doesn't keep glitch appearances either. I tried my fire pig and Hati came out as a regular pig.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Oil Glitch Wolf - a sad day for me first post.

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, I'm sorry you had to find out about that the hard way. Sadly, with pets of this nature, it's just a risk we hunters take. Good luck getting him restored, I hope it works for you!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bheleu wrote:I saw a post about this somewhere. No screenshots - but hopefully it will make it into 7.1 and give us back the oil-stained look......

machine fluid
This is dropping from the new mobs on Alcaz Island on the 7.1 PTR. The drop rate seems pretty good too. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ouch. I wish you would've seen the post here. We had a big warning about time walking dungeons. I'm so sorry to hear that, dude.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lelianna
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Lelianna »

I know your pain, I too have lost my oily friend. I was in voice chat with some friends at the time and literally broke down crying >>;. Like 5 tickets later I gave up after a GM said they'd have to break the game in order to give him back his buff. I'm just glad they might be bringing out that item, I would love to have Nightmare back in his former glory.