Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Last edited by Banard on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Please note: Mean Hunters can steal you Mech Spider.

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hunters on PvP servers, watch out for enemy hunters to target you as well as the spider.

....please don't be that person. -_-

(And a special rude gesture to the hunter who tried that against my panda yesterday.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

This is assuming that you can get that danged key in the first place. Killed him 3 times last night and he didn't drop the key. I'd have kept trying, but raid time rolled around.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Boven wrote:This is assuming that you can get that danged key in the first place. Killed him 3 times last night and he didn't drop the key. I'd have kept trying, but raid time rolled around.
It took me 9 kills before I got a key, that droprate is awful. ;-;
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

it is a pretty crappy thing to do to someone, but sadly hardly surprising. Rememember the special tames in Cataclysm and how mobs of players would tear them apart rather than let someone else tame them? :( At least you don't see as much of that these days.

I'm ashamed to admit I can't even tame mechs on my hunter yet. I was hoping to make the item on my engineer, but haven't found a coin on that character yet. I wish you could buy the recipe on a different character and send it to your eng.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

I must have had stupidly good luck on the keys since I killed Dr Weavil 3 times and got a key each time. I even had time to help another hunter tame the green mechanical dog just under his spawn.

It makes me so mad to hear about other Hunters trying to ninja tames and/or straight up grief other Hunters. We all need to get along and help each other! (Not sarcasm btw)
Kalliope

*tries to shove a matrix in the mail for Wain* Why won't those work cross-server? :(

YouTube Edition

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Can it be reported if 10 keys later, the same two jerks follow you and make sure that any time you try to tame, they kill it?
Because that's griefing by common sense.

I had all 3 spiders, but my friend (who has a TERRIBLE work schedule) didn't. I got him out to the island today, and a pair of horde (DH tank and Mage) just randomly decided to follow us to the spiders. I wasted three keys at first, because I didn't notice them hiding out in the distance. Every other time, they'd randomly pop up when we're close to taming. I know it was the same duo every time, as well. They didn't interfere when a random horde hunter showed up, but when that hunter got his spider (With my friend and I helping whittle the HP quicker for him), the two jerks still stayed and prevented us from taming. I could've easily just left with my 10 keys, but I didn't know when my friend would play next. He eventually got all 3 spiders, as well as Guarder (First try, even!), but man were we upset.

Toxic players need a friendly visit from a falling hammer. The spiders are clearly meant for hunters, so why bother griefing hunters trying to have a little fun post-neutering? Were the unwarranted nerfs not enough torture?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:Can it be reported if 10 keys later, the same two jerks follow you and make sure that any time you try to tame, they kill it?
Because that's griefing by common sense.

I had all 3 spiders, but my friend (who has a TERRIBLE work schedule) didn't. I got him out to the island today, and a pair of horde (DH tank and Mage) just randomly decided to follow us to the spiders. I wasted three keys at first, because I didn't notice them hiding out in the distance. Every other time, they'd randomly pop up when we're close to taming. I know it was the same duo every time, as well. They didn't interfere when a random horde hunter showed up, but when that hunter got his spider (With my friend and I helping whittle the HP quicker for him), the two jerks still stayed and prevented us from taming. I could've easily just left with my 10 keys, but I didn't know when my friend would play next. He eventually got all 3 spiders, as well as Guarder (First try, even!), but man were we upset.

Toxic players need a friendly visit from a falling hammer. The spiders are clearly meant for hunters, so why bother griefing hunters trying to have a little fun post-neutering? Were the unwarranted nerfs not enough torture?
If they're deliberately following you to interfere and kill each time then it's definitely griefing. Sorry you had to deal with that shit :(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wain wrote: I'm ashamed to admit I can't even tame mechs on my hunter yet. I was hoping to make the item on my engineer, but haven't found a coin on that character yet. I wish you could buy the recipe on a different character and send it to your eng.
I had the same problem. I am leveling my engineer specifically for the chance of getting a coin, but then I keep remembering that even with the vast amount of time I've been playing Kura, I have seen *one* coin. One.

I'm really considering just buying one, except for the fact that I'd never use the mechanical *anyway*, since they don't have any abilities; I never get to use anything except for my Quilin, pretty much since they have both a battle res and a tanking ability.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope

@Wain and Kurasu and anyone else having trouble with coins: they can sometimes show up in class hall missions as a bonus reward. It can help your odds, at least if your team is decked out.

YouTube Edition

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oooo! That will help a lot. I'll have to make sure I do as much class hall'ing as possible.

I haven't seen any on Kura yet.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Vephriel wrote:
Boven wrote:This is assuming that you can get that danged key in the first place. Killed him 3 times last night and he didn't drop the key. I'd have kept trying, but raid time rolled around.
It took me 9 kills before I got a key, that droprate is awful. ;-;

I got mine on my first try last night, thank goodness. I did have to deal with the dog and Gnomes downstairs aggro'ing a couple times during the fight. I'm not sure what was causing that. Bendak mentioned on his blog not to stand too close to the stairs, so I was careful about that. I switched my talents to AMoC, just in case Barrage or Volley might go through the floor. Other than just weird proximity aggro, the only thing I can think of is that maybe Stomp was going through the floor. Still, come careful feigning and play dead let me keep going.

Now I need a name for my new buddy.
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

So... whenever I go to the island there's literally nothing there. Did you guys have to do a quest or something? O_o
Kalliope

KeyLimeSerpent wrote:So... whenever I go to the island there's literally nothing there. Did you guys have to do a quest or something? O_o
You need to talk to Zidormi, who is located at the far end of the bridge connecting to Theramore. She'll port you back in time to before Theramore's destruction, so you'll be able to see the entire island.

It sounded like Blizz would make it so Alcaz Island will never be phased in a future patch, but for now, this is a workaround. (Thanks for keeping us posted, Jeremy!)

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:@Wain and Kurasu and anyone else having trouble with coins: they can sometimes show up in class hall missions as a bonus reward. It can help your odds, at least if your team is decked out.
Thanks :) So far I've gotten my three (on my hunter who isn't an Engineer!) from emissary caches. I used one to buy a leatherworking recipe for him, I just wish I could have used one of the remaining two to buy the recipe for my eng. Ah well, I guess I'm 1/75 of the way to the mount :P
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:@Wain and Kurasu and anyone else having trouble with coins: they can sometimes show up in class hall missions as a bonus reward. It can help your odds, at least if your team is decked out.
Thanks :) So far I've gotten my three (on my hunter who isn't an Engineer!) from emissary caches. I used one to buy a leatherworking recipe for him, I just wish I could have used one of the remaining two to buy the recipe for my eng. Ah well, I guess I'm 1/75 of the way to the mount :P
....I just got a coin from a class hall mission. :lol: Go figure, after I caved and bought the matrix from the AH. :lol: Oh well, now I can make one and maybe sell it to earn some gold back.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

The first night of them being available, it was a nightmare trying to tame one. So many griefers and dbags killing and stealing the pets as you tried to tame them.
It took me 6 kills to get a key. Only one I wanted was the gold one. I got over to it, and there was a male tauren hunter and a male gnome hunter sitting in a corner inside the tower it spawns in. I figured they were waiting in line. The tauren never replied when I asked (I'm horde also). 2 more horde hunters showed up together and asked who was next, and I explained that the other 2 were there before me but not responding. I told them I was hesitant to use my 1 and only key to activate it just to have those first 2 try to steal it. Then another hunter showed up. One who was intentionally killing all the mechs when they are activated just to be a dbag. Claiming he was killing them for the loot. His way of trying to avoid being reported for griefing. Even though that was exactly what he was doing .... griefing. So, 1 of the hunters who showed up right after me decided to use their only key to activate it and go for the tame. The dbag and the tauren and gnome started attacking it, and all 3 were killed by the sentry turret that spawned in the tower. Karma. But the hunter who activated it died and their friend who was with them also died while I was killing the sentry turret to help them. My piercing shot must have clipped the spider while I was killing the turret because I now had aggro from the spider. I killed the turret and started to tame the spider. Now I felt bad for taming it since I didn't activate it, but it would have gone to waste. While I was taming it, the tauren tried to steal it from me while I was taming it. I had to keep retrying my tame until he finally just stopped trying to steal it. The original activating hunter rezzed and congratulated me on the tame. I first thought it was sarcasm since I felt guilty. But they were sincere. I offered to activate it for them with my key, but they declined and said they would just buy 1 off the auction house and try again another time in the middle of the night when there aren't 1,000 other people on that tiny island being dbags. So, I still feel bad for that AND still have my key to activate 1 of the spiders.
So, if any of you need to get 1 still; I can activate one. Add my bnet id Twistedklown#1384 and catch me online sometime. We'll get together and get it done.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Pentacle
Realm: auchindoun

Unread post by Pentacle »

I didn't have any issues with other hunters wanting to go after my spiders but it took me a good 3 hours to tame the new mech wolf due to both other hunters trying to steal my tame AND other class's farming upstairs for the toy would come down and kill it while I was trying to tame it :(