Mechanical Pets did the impossible...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Mechanical Pets did the impossible...

Unread post by Maizou »

...I filled up my stable.

...I'm honestly at a loss. I never thought I would. I thought 5 pages of pets was WAY more than enough.

Apparently I was wrong.

Am I the only one who has just reached this and is completely flabbergasted that they did so?
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Mechanical Pets did the impossible...

Unread post by Kayb »

I've got two spots left, one is reserved for a mech spider if I can ever kill that stupid gnome first. I'm still so undergeared.

But nah, not surprised by it. Annoyed perhaps, cause I cant seem to let any of em go to make space.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I recently filled my stables too. It was spirit beast collecting that did it though. Which means they're staying. So...that's kinda a problem.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Teigan wrote:I recently filled my stables too. It was spirit beast collecting that did it though. Which means they're staying. So...that's kinda a problem.
Yeah I tend to have this issue too. :D I spent many hours on the hunt for when they 1st came out many years ago. And as suuch have fond memories attached to many of them. Also as much as I only need a couple at most, I could not bare to part with any of them simply because of.
I don't have any porcupine SB's as they are easy enough to tame and they never really appealed to me tbh, nor any from this expansion thus far... but thats still about 10 slots off limits :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

+ 1 to join the overflowing stables cult :D
Between Spirit Beasts, challenge tames (Firelands spiders, Savage and friends, fel wolf, etc.), mechanicals and pets with unique appearance, like Thok and toaster wolf, I'm scrambling for free space in my stables. Have like 2 total - 1 reserved for the mecha spider and one for all those pets I want at once :'D
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Teigan wrote:I recently filled my stables too. It was spirit beast collecting that did it though. Which means they're staying. So...that's kinda a problem.
Yeah I tend to have this issue too. :D I spent many hours on the hunt for when they 1st came out many years ago. And as suuch have fond memories attached to many of them. Also as much as I only need a couple at most, I could not bare to part with any of them simply because of.
I don't have any porcupine SB's as they are easy enough to tame and they never really appealed to me tbh, nor any from this expansion thus far... but thats still about 10 slots off limits :lol:
I have every single one. All of them. I'm not bragging. It's more like ...confessing.... XD I think I need a support group. "My name is Teigan and I hoard spirit beasts"
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

The other day I found that my main's stables were completely full. To a point where I had to get rid of a couple of pets I never use (the armored fire wolf and the black fen strider got culled) just to keep two active pet slots empty for discoveries and such.

Nani isn't even my Hunter with all the Spirit Beasts though, so I'm kind of surprised it's her who filled up her stables first. Then again, she has lots of sentimental pets whom she never brings out (including one representing my late dog Lilli) and various different color options for different transmogs.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Last edited by Banard on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

None of my girls has a full stable. Not even remotely close. :oops: One only has like 10 pets I think. And I agree with Banard and have always felts the huge stable we do have was way too many. We're hunters not zoo keepers. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

zedxrgal wrote:None of my girls has a full stable. Not even remotely close. :oops: One only has like 10 pets I think. And I agree with Banard and have always felts the huge stable we do have was way too many. We're hunters not zoo keepers. :lol:
But but... I am :mrgreen:
On a more serious note, despite me only using a handful of pets at all times, all pets in my stables mean something to me - like, for example, the lynx from BElf starter area that I no longer use due to the model aging horribly (imo) and there being a bunch of pets I have to bring to offer utility to my group. As much as I might complain and whine about BM, Dire Stable was one of the best things ever. I love seeing what pet comes out to my call - some of them goofy, some of them "Awww" inducing :D
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I've had to abandon so many pets to make room for new ones. I think I might have 3 slots open atm.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I agree that more pets means less attachment, for me. I felt a closer bond to the three I had in WotLK than the huge number I have now, and on hunters that I have only a few pets on.
Helewyse
Realm: Anachronos-EU

Unread post by Helewyse »

My stables are pretty full too :( I have just 3 or 4 slots open, and I'm still missing a few pets I wanted to grab from the Broken Isles. I've abandoned a few, but am loathe to part with any more.

Tracking down and taming pets is one of the best parts of huntering. They ought to give us more slots if they're going to keep adding so many amazing new pet models :)
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Both A & H - hunters have 6-7 spots open, already tamed everything I'd like save for one of the spidies when I get level & gear...

May widdle it down some more over time, as one panel is specifically for momento pets such as for my own pets who've passed, gaming friends etc. (still have that Green Maddexx Rhyela) ^_^ - other than that the rest are just well, rares, and looking at them I think of the 18hrs, or the week I spent without sleep trying to tame ''that'' pet.

I usually base ditching one on how 'easy' it is to retame again.

Regarding lowering the stable amount... I hope not, and I'm sure Blizz knows folks keep pets as momentos and remembrances...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've always been on the side preferring a limited amount of stable slots admittedly, because it did make the individual bonds feel stronger. However, even I'm nearly at a full stable. I have 3 empty slots currently, but honestly most of them are just sentimental pets that I see no reason to get rid of because the space IS there. If needed I could let go of a lot of my current stables, I have a lot of repeat families. It's one of the reasons I personally don't like the idea of larger and larger stables (again, not speaking for everyone because I get that some are collectors!). If they give me the space, then I'll eventually fill it because why not, but if I was forced to choose between a smaller amount of pets I'd be able to and consequently have a stronger tie to them. The majority of my pets don't even get much use these days aside from my core favourites.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:I've always been on the side preferring a limited amount of stable slots admittedly, because it did make the individual bonds feel stronger.
This also....

Sorry a little off topic, but yeah... I remember back when we could only have 3 pets (And even 2 as you generally needed to keep a slot open to learn new ranks of attacks and abilities until you had them all). To be 100% fair, the bond I had with my pets back then was so so tight, I just adored everything about the choice I made... they felt like the ones! Even having to level up a chosen pet by grinding on mobs if you choose a new lower leveled partner for your side, even made you really feel like you bonded, you literally did it for them because you loved them.

But as time went on, new families came, new systems, rares, etc etc, I was VERY happy that we got more stable space. But looking back, with my rosy glasses, man did I love my 1st pets so hard, and in a way I don't think the game will ever be able to replicate again.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote: But as time went on, new families came, new systems, rares, etc etc, I was VERY happy that we got more stable space. But looking back, with my rosy glasses, man did I love my 1st pets so hard, and in a way I don't think the game will ever be able to replicate again.
Yeah I agree. Both my main hunters have full stables but mostly because I can't let go of my older pets that have so many memories attached to them. My Tauren from vanilla still has the very first rare she ever tamed - Emerald (or Emmy) the green tallstrider. She's the rare "clutchmother" from ashenvale (? night elf land lol) and my alliance warlock friend had to help me tame her because her chicks owned face back then :lol: Even if she's hardly ever used I can never get rid of her or my demon puppy "Robdog" whose named after the aforementioned warlock friend hehehe! So many camping stories attached to most of my rares...I think we need more zoo I mean stable space soon :lol:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~