Pet ability change summary

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Pet ability change summary

Unread post by zedxrgal »

^^^^^ This for me. 100%. I loved the pet talent trees. I loved the talent trees in general. I really miss those and feel it was /is a shame they were gotten rid of. I get it. I do. But.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Me three, I had 2 different Cats in BC the ghost leopard for DPS/PvP with Bite, Claw, Dash, and Prowl (pets could only use active skills on their bar at that time) and the white lion with Bite, Claw, Dash, and Growl for quests and stuff. I do miss the excitement of getting to a new level and WALKING from Org to Feralas (I didn't have enough for training till 45 for a mount, thank you Warlocks that needed Blackdragon scales :lol: ) anyways I remember picking up temp pets along the way as I got into higher leveled zones. I had to shimmy past a bunch of Nelfs (I died twice, I think) all to tame a Wolf with a skill I wanted to teach my Cats, GOODNESS I miss that so much.

I miss taking the time to do all that, to take a whole day and plan out what I was doing, make sure I had food for the temp ones I was taming on the way, pots and food/drink for me, arrows, extra armor if mine broke, and make sure my skills were up to the correct rank. I liked working on a pet, leveling them up, getting skills just for them, making them my pet. Now its just plop down, tame and poof, the pet is your level and EXACTLY the same as every pet in the game, unless they have a skill, then they are just like every pet in that family. I liked the old way where working hard for a pet didn't just mean camping for 6 hours to tame a unique skin. :| :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

HAH! Rawr. Too funny. Yeah I miss the days of being a fresh alliance hunter just hit level 6 or seven then deciding I need a pet clear on the other side of the world RIGHT STAT NAO and running my arse all the way there, dying A LOT to pretty much everything bigger than me but damn what a sense of accomplishment to catch a desired pet after so much work then having to stuff it full of noms. :lol: Ah good times good times.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:Are there any families that retained abilities that you feel really suck anyway?[/b]
Silithid. They used to have a ranged root. Now its melee ranged slow. The slow would be ok, if it weren't inferior to spiders' slow. And since they have no second ability anymore, silithid are entirely inferior to spiders.

And it's not just because my silithid is named Webs.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Xota wrote:
Wain wrote:Are there any families that retained abilities that you feel really suck anyway?[/b]
Silithid. They used to have a ranged root. Now its melee ranged slow. The slow would be ok, if it weren't inferior to spiders' slow. And since they have no second ability anymore, silithid are entirely inferior to spiders.

And it's not just because my silithid is named Webs.
.....wow, I didn't actually know this had happened. That's terrible.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

And snare doesn't really feel that interesting for warp stalkers. In the wild, warp stalkers are always going invisible with their magical chameleon ability. They could join cats and spirit beasts with prowl, which should also be buffed to have more function and be more fun. Like it can be activated in combat to clear dots (and drop threat). (And of course it needs to be able to be switched off manually).