New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Icharia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden US

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Icharia »

Happy to help, Albain.

Thank you Rikaku, I found him on two of three hunters in the spot you listed!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Anyone got a way to enter this fox into NPC.Scan so while flying if it pops I will know such as the number I think it is what the add on uses.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Icharia wrote:Happy to help, Albain.

Thank you Rikaku, I found him on two of three hunters in the spot you listed!
Glad it helped! :D

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Rikaku wrote:I found mine in a different spot, 23, 76.

I noticed the first reported spawn point had one of those bushes that had glowing/blinking eyes on it. I decided to take a hunch and fly around Duskwood to check out other bushes with that same effect on them. Found mine in a bush with blinking eyes in Addle's Stead. Not sure if that's really the way to ID spawn points, but I managed to find him just using /tar and checking out those bushes specifically.

Example of the "blinking eyes" bush I was talking about. Note that this is the first reported spawn location in Raven Hill, but I also found it in the bush I tamed him at (there's two of these at Addle's Stead). Could be coincidence but, with all the weird hidden stuff Blizzard has added lately, I figured it couldn't hurt to investigate.

As far as I remember those bushes always had those blinking eyes, part of the whole creepy ambiance of the area. :)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

lilaughingwolf wrote:
Rikaku wrote:I found mine in a different spot, 23, 76.

I noticed the first reported spawn point had one of those bushes that had glowing/blinking eyes on it. I decided to take a hunch and fly around Duskwood to check out other bushes with that same effect on them. Found mine in a bush with blinking eyes in Addle's Stead. Not sure if that's really the way to ID spawn points, but I managed to find him just using /tar and checking out those bushes specifically.

Example of the "blinking eyes" bush I was talking about. Note that this is the first reported spawn location in Raven Hill, but I also found it in the bush I tamed him at (there's two of these at Addle's Stead). Could be coincidence but, with all the weird hidden stuff Blizzard has added lately, I figured it couldn't hurt to investigate.

As far as I remember those bushes always had those blinking eyes, part of the whole creepy ambiance of the area. :)
Yep! That's what made me think of it, cause I remember back in Classic I always liked the small touch to make the place "creepy". :D

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Anyone know its respawn timer?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Hilariously, most places I've checked, people are only camping that one bush in the graveyard, though I suppose that'll change over time. I saw a bloof that had him tamed (and was now afk) so I gave up looking, figuring that he was on timer.

Annoyed, however, by the 110 and her druid buddy that kept /shoo-ing me and harassing me to leave whenever I rode past. :P Whassamatter, can't handle the thought that a 42 might get the pet you want first? Pth.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Nachtwulf wrote:Hilariously, most places I've checked, people are only camping that one bush in the graveyard, though I suppose that'll change over time. I saw a bloof that had him tamed (and was now afk) so I gave up looking, figuring that he was on timer.
Uhm, I don't suppose the elf you saw was this morning? >.> <.<

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Phenias
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Phenias »

I've compiled a list of some wowhead comment section waypoints (mostly the graveyard ones) with my own findings as well
One point is actually right in front of Naraxis' cave.

Disclaimer: These are waypoints for blinking bushes, not actual guaranteed spawn points.
Last edited by Phenias on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellonna
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Ellonna »

Hey guys, just tamed on Ravenholdt. My husband used his demon hunter's spectral sight to locate him. Probably a good way to hunt as it highlights him right away even if you aren't very close.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Did a few sweeps for Thunder Paw, no luck. But I did find a lot of bush campers, mostly at the one bush in the back of the graveyard. :P

Either way I cannot be too mad/angry/grumpy about the spirit fox after reading this. https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/819266065532231680
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Steve Danuser also graciously let us know that its minimum scaling level is 17. So that's the lowest level spirit beast ever!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I suppose it'll calm down soon enough but I wish this (like... well, like almost everything RNG spawn-related) was a personal spawn and not, you know, open to everyone who is both on your server, your CRZ, and anyone who can snag a group on your server/CRZ. The number of hunters who are not only not on Korgath, but also not on any of our normal CRZ realms in addition to all the hunters out there that you would EXPECT to see on my CRZ is incredibly frustrating (I counted two from Stormrage and three from Area 52, both PvE realms that would never otherwise be in my PvP battlegroup, in addition to the seven or eight Blackrock, Bloodscalp+, and Stormscale+ hunters).

For those of you who have actually managed to spot him (and/or tame him), what's the lightning effect like in motion? Is it like the effect that your pets get when you use Titan's Thunder (or whatever our active artifact ability is), or is it more like... like Skoll or Hati's lightning effect, but applied flat to the body instead of AROUND the pet?
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The bloof I saw was indeed this morning, though I checked three realm groups in sequence and I no longer remember which it was.

As for the effect, it's mostly like Skoll's, or possibly more like the Thundering sky serpents, where the flashes are 'set' a short distance above the actual body of the model and flash on and off. In addition, though, it has an on-skin sort of ripply effect, almost like a blue version of the primordial ooze or that one windserpent made of blood. It's not the same texture/color, but I think the technology is the same.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xella wrote:I suppose it'll calm down soon enough but I wish this (like... well, like almost everything RNG spawn-related) was a personal spawn and not, you know, open to everyone who is both on your server, your CRZ, and anyone who can snag a group on your server/CRZ. The number of hunters who are not only not on Korgath, but also not on any of our normal CRZ realms in addition to all the hunters out there that you would EXPECT to see on my CRZ is incredibly frustrating (I counted two from Stormrage and three from Area 52, both PvE realms that would never otherwise be in my PvP battlegroup, in addition to the seven or eight Blackrock, Bloodscalp+, and Stormscale+ hunters).

For those of you who have actually managed to spot him (and/or tame him), what's the lightning effect like in motion? Is it like the effect that your pets get when you use Titan's Thunder (or whatever our active artifact ability is), or is it more like... like Skoll or Hati's lightning effect, but applied flat to the body instead of AROUND the pet?
There's a bit of like 2 overlapping effects. One is the ripple effect seen on the body, looks a lot like the "Titan's Thunder" animation. There's also a bit of crackling/jumping lightning that looks a bit akin to Skoll's lightning but more detailed/not as aged, but has an additional 'jumping sparks' animation on it as well. Screenshots just don't do it justice as it never shows up well in a shot.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Meet Lightning the newest pet to enter my stable finally tamed her on Moon Guard at Addles Stead I didn't have to flare my NPCScan went off to tell me she was there the number is 118244.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I saw a video of it and pictures don't do the effect justice. it is really unique.

I got up this morning before work and Duskwood had more hunters than zombies even at this hour. Strange thing is I couldn't even find him on the PTR either.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Bendak has a short video on his site with Lightning Paws lightning affect. http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/01/how-t ... #more-5733

Images doesn't do the fella justice.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Wow... ok, so a moonrunner hunter, forgot their name, we were chatting about the spawns, where, timer etc. at 1:17p they got their tame - bush near ally camp left side. I grats'd them and waited at same spot (why not), and did a heroix... 2:21p heroix was done, zone out and boom, there she is AGAIN! But one hour later! Got my doggy daughter in game, woot woot... I'm on ysera.

Question lies in the spawn timer though; I saw their tamed fox an hour earlier was expecting to wait 5-9hrs, then an hour later one spawns for me, same spot? Is the timer 'reset' based on server it was tamed on or?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Unread post by Wain »

I just split this topic off from the old 7.1.5 pets one since it's popular and really deserved its own :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.