New family : Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Re: New family : Feathermanes

Unread post by Phyra »

This could be a completely wild goose chase, but looking up wowhead information for Elisande, someone mentioned you can (while in Nighthold Raid) get to Elisande's quarters.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=110965/elisande#comments
By JoshUAgov (584 – 1·10) on 2017/01/24 (Patch 7.1.5)
Today figured out how to get into Elisande's Quarters!
All you need is to jump from The Font of Night during fight with Gul'dan (efter first phase, where he destroys borders of room) into that balcony:
http://imgur.com/CFQraZ7
It took me 2 cr's - first during fight to bypass death from falling off the arena, and second to fall off cliff into that balcony.
Proof:
http://imgur.com/zsEMjTC
Her room is pretty much empty and only has some small decorations, like paintings, chess and a cake :P
Also there's a portal back into boss arenas and entrance to raid.

Other screens here:
http://imgur.com/a/u6h8C

Like I said, could be completely irrelevant, but also could be a potential lead to follow up with?
I'm not sure how intended getting to her quarters are, or if there are (in or out of Raid) ways to get there, but maybe Elisande's Pet would reside there or there'd be an object/breadcrumb?

Food for thought ---- and great job finding Netherbeak!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thanks, Phyra! :D

It is a pretty good bet that it is there. The problem is that both Nighthold and Emerald Nightmare are inaccessible right now in the ptr, so we can't go in and search :(

I think that there is a WQ, which is currently up, that allows you to port down into her quarters. On Live, anyway.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:We are starting to believe that, like others things this xpac, that we can't find them till Live.
That would be.... unlikely ;)
Valnaaros wrote: Found Netherbeak....

#sniggle :P

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I still think it's highly likely that Broken Shore will have the corrupt 'griff on it. They add this whole new zone (basically) and yet there's no pets on it? Maybe it's circling the Tomb, or sitting on it somewhere that it's hard to see. Or in a cave, although they aren't really 'cave' critters.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Nachtwulf wrote:I still think it's highly likely that Broken Shore will have the corrupt 'griff on it. They add this whole new zone (basically) and yet there's no pets on it? Maybe it's circling the Tomb, or sitting on it somewhere that it's hard to see. Or in a cave, although they aren't really 'cave' critters.
We've checked the broken shore... If it's there it's either an item or stealthed. Or some other gimmick. Though the more eyes on the ptr the better; can use some help searching.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Something to consider if someone has a 110 demon hunter: spectral sight can be used to easily see stealthed mobs. I don't have one, and for some reason templates aren't available on the PTR, but if someone does, it could make finding any other potentially stealthed pets easy!
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Just out of curiousity, are updated/changed models ever updated in various data mining sites? I'm curious about the rare Phoenix that flies around Hyjal, named Blazewing. Maybe it was changed to the fiery hippogryph? Just a hunch. Also, has Oondasta been made tameable yet? :P
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I saw him a few days ago whilst passing through there. Still a Phoenix.

No, she hasn't been. If I had to guess, Blizz will probably implement a different mob that uses the same model rather than flagging a world boss as tamable.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:I saw him a few days ago whilst passing through there. Still a Phoenix.

No, she hasn't been. If I had to guess, Blizz will probably implement a different mob that uses the same model rather than flagging a world boss as tamable.
Ah, that's a shame on both ends. But maybe Hyjal/Firelands is the ideal spot if they ever put the Fiery hippogryphs in.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

If a beast is ever added with one of the fiery hippogryph models, that area would be he first place I'd look.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Also also, the Arcane Hippogryph Netherbeak. He's airborne and you shoot him down to tame him, but once tamed does he stay on the ground like the newer models? That's kinda strange if true.
Last edited by PorrasouxRex on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye. He uses his running animations.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Aye. He uses his running animations.
Hmm, I suppose we've clipped his wings with the tame? :lol:

I'm of the opinion that all of the hybrid beasts should be like the Wolfhawks are currently. Running while out of combat but flying when charging into battle. It's mainly why I don't use my fliers as much, the clipping and flapping around gets old pretty fast out of combat.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The issue is whether they have the right animations. They may have a fighting animation when they're on the ground, but not flying. Or vice versa.

Which reminds me. Wolfhawks don't have a death animation, last I checked. They freeze up when they die.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone datamined a green wyvern yet? :). Maybe I missed it if there was.

Also, sadly there's no actual non-mount version of the fiery hippogryphs yet. From memory we made those by switching off harness geosets. The skins support non mount versions as there's no harness on the actual skin.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think there is one yet.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

It seems the old Pridewing Patriarch used it: http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/4015-pridewing-patriarch

Maybe they could revive it since it was removed.

Edit: Or he is in...

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Hey hey! Turns out it survived the Cataclysm after all!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice! Glad he is still around. Curious if he ever was removed, or just readded.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Does anyone know the npcid command? The one I used to have doesn't work anymore.