Fenryr can be tamed!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Fenryr can be tamed!

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Sorry for delay in posting pics of my new baby wolf still getting over how awesome the run was, tank soloed second boss after we all died the healer was top notch as the other two DPS with me all in all hell of a fun run even made sure after it was over to personally thank everyone.
elijahjah
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by elijahjah »

I cleared mythic HoV, waited for it to soft reset and the mobs are all gone. However, Fenryr is not there...I clicked "reset all instances" after the clear. Should I have not done that?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

elijahjah wrote:I cleared mythic HoV, waited for it to soft reset and the mobs are all gone. However, Fenryr is not there...I clicked "reset all instances" after the clear. Should I have not done that?
I also clicked reset all instances while waiting for my 30 minute soft reset, are you sure it was 30 minutes or longer cause if it was even bit sooner might have goofed it.

Also did you go to the right cave as mentioned in this thread?
elijahjah

Iowawolf wrote:
elijahjah wrote:I cleared mythic HoV, waited for it to soft reset and the mobs are all gone. However, Fenryr is not there...I clicked "reset all instances" after the clear. Should I have not done that?
I also clicked reset all instances while waiting for my 30 minute soft reset, are you sure it was 30 minutes or longer cause if it was even bit sooner might have goofed it.
Yes it was almost an hour and there were no mobs in the instance. I did everything right but Fenryr is nowhere to be found :( Could they have hotfixed it already??
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Don't think they hotfixed it yet and having no mobs left is a good sign I think again did you go to the right cave it is the one where you finally kill him not the first time you fight him.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Bendak, thank you very much for discovering and posting this find.
I love it and my Hati has found the definitive model.

I leave you with the image of me and a friend with our wolves.

Seriously, thank you very much.
PS: I'm sorry for my bad English.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bendak, muchas gracias por descubrir y postear este hallazgo.
Me encanta y mi Hati ha encontrado el modelo definitivo.

Os dejo con la imagen mia y de una amiga con nuestros lobitos.

En serio muchas gracias.
PD: Siento mucho mi mal ingles.
Last edited by Tsukina on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
elijahjah

Iowawolf wrote:Don't think they hotfixed it yet and having no mobs left is a good sign I think again did you go to the right cave it is the one where you finally kill him not the first time you fight him.

Nvm. I just went back in the instance and checked again and he was there.:) I guess it's because I was in someone else's group and the leader was a hunter also looking to tame him. So I guess he got to fenryr first and fenryr had to respawn a second time lol.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

elijahjah wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Don't think they hotfixed it yet and having no mobs left is a good sign I think again did you go to the right cave it is the one where you finally kill him not the first time you fight him.

Nvm. I just went back in the instance and checked again and he was there.:) I guess it's because I was in someone else's group and the leader was a hunter also looking to tame him. So I guess he got to fenryr first and fenryr had to respawn a second time lol.
Most likely was what happened I was with another hunter and they were nice enough to let me tame it first and they waited another 30 minutes before getting theirs.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I want to take this time to say I am sorry, for what you may ask, simple I was frustrated because so many were taming Fenryr and not being a mythic runner I felt I was going to be left out as was the baby direhorn time. My hunter is only 855 and this was the first ever mythic I did before that I don't run much of anything unless I can solo it and not having great gear plus no legendries makes it harder I even asked several who made groups if I could tame her but not knowing we could tame on as many hunters in group I was declined which added to my frustration. As for getting better gear than soloing it this would just take too long cause at my pace it might as well be the end of WOW before that ever happens and so knowing this was a glitch of some sort and being a wolf lover hence the wolf at end of my name only made me want it more.

After going through it and finally being able to tame this awesome pet, Blizzard better let those who tamed it this way keep ours, I had down time just sitting in Trueshot watching her and admiring her I wanted to again say sorry.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Is there a definitive step-by-step how to do this? Reading through this, its like were learning new information?

Is it mythic only or can it be done heroic? I saw stuff about clearing, resetting, then waiting 30 minutes, but then I read stuff about a solo challenge? Just looking for clarity.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

According to the devs, although unintended, they're leaving him in like that, as they think it's clever use of game mechanics. At least what was posted on page 3.
SpiritBinder wrote:
Issuntril wrote:
  • Hi Fierce,

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide Fenryr wasn't exactly intended, it was agreed by the development team that this is a fun use of in-game mechanics, and we therefore have no plans to address this issue - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so. :)

I hope this alleviates your concerns!

Issuntril
Sorry couldn't help myself, feeling a little sassy today... :mrgreen:

But as Vephriel pointed out said so eloquently, this guy is obviously intended and hear to stay, just think of him like one of the raid bosses we had to wait until the next expansion to tame if your gear is not your strong point.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They are going to discuss it today, but the reset was not the intended way of doing it. It was meant to be a solo challenge. I went into mythic HoV and, solo, cleared up to Fenryr. The moment I killed Fenryr, a tamable version spawned in the back of the cave. Pretty clear that this was the intended way.

To answer your question, Wain, my group farms Heroic weekly and is starting mythic. I have checked the raid prior to killing Elisande, and after (after killing her, prior to killing Gul'dan, then checked after killing Gul'dan). I haven't seen anything in her secret room nor any else in the raid.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wooo they didn't fix it with this mornings patch/reset. I was able to nab him with less than 3 min to spare before it reset! I'm so happy! I thought I'd missed out.

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Got mine today :D
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Myzou wrote:According to the devs, although unintended, they're leaving him in like that, as they think it's clever use of game mechanics. At least what was posted on page 3.
SpiritBinder wrote:
Issuntril wrote:
  • Hi Fierce,

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide Fenryr wasn't exactly intended, it was agreed by the development team that this is a fun use of in-game mechanics, and we therefore have no plans to address this issue - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so. :)

I hope this alleviates your concerns!

Issuntril
Sorry couldn't help myself, feeling a little sassy today... :mrgreen:

But as Vephriel pointed out said so eloquently, this guy is obviously intended and hear to stay, just think of him like one of the raid bosses we had to wait until the next expansion to tame if your gear is not your strong point.
The devs did not say that, to clarify. SpiritBinder was making a joke about comparing the Grimtotem Spirit Guide response and the response about Fenryr.

Fenryr was meant to be a reward for soloing mythic HoV up to and including Fenryr. The current method Bendak found only happened because of a bug that happened with patch 7.2. This may be fixed at any time in the future, but they've told us already to not expect this method to stay. So Fenryr may return to his "solo challenge" taming soon.

Valnaaros wrote:They are going to discuss it today, but the reset was not the intended way of doing it. It was meant to be a solo challenge. I went into mythic HoV and, solo, cleared up to Fenryr. The moment I killed Fenryr, a tamable version spawned in the back of the cave. Pretty clear that this was the intended way.

To answer your question, Wain, my group farms Heroic weekly and is starting mythic. I have checked the raid prior to killing Elisande, and after (after killing her, prior to killing Gul'dan, then checked after killing Gul'dan). I haven't seen anything in her secret room nor any else in the raid.
I wonder if maybe it may have something to do with that world boss that spawns in NH that summons Hippogryphs. I haven't seen him in weeks, but with the new addition of 7.2, I wonder if maybe he can "summon" Elisandes Hippogryph during the battle if left up long enough?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:To answer your question, Wain, my group farms Heroic weekly and is starting mythic. I have checked the raid prior to killing Elisande, and after (after killing her, prior to killing Gul'dan, then checked after killing Gul'dan). I haven't seen anything in her secret room nor any else in the raid.
Thanks! It'll be interesting to check again after Mythic.

I added the Petopia page for the Fenryr's look:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfboss

I was going to add a look page for Gon (not yet sure if in-game yet) but need to get a decent image first. WMV doesn't render the spectral effects and makes it look entirely different.

I did, however, add a page for the (unused) frost version of the raptor skin, without effects. It was intended to be used with spectral effects (for Shaman summons) but actually looks quite good them and could easily be used in the game as it is:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=raptor2_frost

The fire and storm skins look entirely wrong without effects and probably couldn't appear in the game without them, i.e.:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... 2_fire.jpg
http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_ ... htning.jpg
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Sorry for being dumb but will they take away the Pet from the people who didn't complete the ~~solo challenge~~?
Just. Forgive me for asking but I am just worried.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

This has been hotfixed waited 2 hours and he never respawned.

Did the mythic run, reset the instance too yet the wolves never despawned and never spawned fenryr.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Thank you for screwing someone out of the pet for the week saying this way works but clearly doesn't work at all.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Peridot wrote:Sorry for being dumb but will they take away the Pet from the people who didn't complete the ~~solo challenge~~?
Just. Forgive me for asking but I am just worried.
I was thinking same thing so when I logged on game first thing I saw was Fenryr still next to my main I even dismissed it then resummoned and she is still there even my Hati Fenryr is here so they are nice enough to let us keep them if we got them the other way.