Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by Gigabear »

Ijomi wrote:The thing is, Blizzard probably was thinking of the people who were already upset - the ones who may have wanted these guys, but were justifiably concerned that their accounts would be jeopardized, because the method of getting these guys was an exploit.
I've been on the other side of the unintended tames every single time, then I finally get one and they go nuclear on them. Of course players are going to try for them because the precedent is that you get to keep them. I wasn't able to get a slime and two grub looks, but players got to keep those. No direhorn either, but it's still around. But the pet I got isn't so lucky,

This issue is solved one way only. All unintended pets are either permitted to stay and added in a legitimate form, or they are removed from everyone. Doing it this way removes incentive to exploit, since nothing will be gained long term. You will end up exactly in the state of any other hunters. Either getting a cool new pet, or not, regardless if you took advantage of a loophole early
zedxrgal wrote:
Xylexia wrote:Would really like to see them open a dialog as to WHY.
I know people want this but I'm 90% sure it won't ever happen. I know I wouldn't. I feel its because of it would be opening themselves up to just bitter, angry, cruel, harsh etc words.
I'm confident the cynicism and resentment created by ignoring players will end up being worse than putting out an explanation in the long run. I can respectfully disagree depending on what that explanation is. It would show they had enough respect to at least give one. Not giving one shows disrespect, and is much harder to to continue being civil when the person making the game you're paying a sub for thinks so little of their players that ignoring them for mere convenience is acceptable policy. It is not.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Except Blizz has shown countless times that they do care. Look at my post on the last page concerning all that Blizz has given us. Each and every one of those were requests at one point. Requests heard and fulfilled. Just because Blizz chose to remove one pet that was never intended to be tamable doesn't automatically mean they don't care.
Fang

Unread post by Fang »

I understand that blizz does not want baby pets in the game. I also understand an exploit was used for this pet. Maybe a better compromise could have been made? A cool idea i just thought of for the people who got the puppy could have gotten a model of an adult wolf not used in game yet that they were planning on adding as a rare at a later date such as the lightning wolf that i will leave down below. For a simple comparison I'm guessing the scorpion will be added as a rare later on so my idea would be similar to that. Maybe not right away but at some point. This can be a cool way to let the people who like the unintended pets, get something cool they can enjoy for awhile and not get that sense of rarity taken from them right away. And for the people who didnt get it during the day it was around not to be too upset cause then they will know it would be added later on in time. Let me know opinions on this. There is the argument of "why reward those who exploited" but here is my counter argument to that...this would be better than having a big debate over "exploits and their reward" and the mass disappointment if it is fixed for whatever reason. I love seeing the community come together not get ripped apart. This "temporarily get a unintended look for a bit until we add it later" might be something for blizz to consider. Even though this wouldn't be a permanent rarity like the slime, but I think it will allow there to be less harsh feelings going around in the community :).

Gigabear

Valnaaros wrote:Except Blizz has shown countless times that they do care. Look at my post on the last page concerning all that Blizz has given us. Each and every one of those were requests at one point. Requests heard and fulfilled. Just because Blizz chose to remove one pet that was never intended to be tamable doesn't automatically mean they don't care.
There may be some truth to this. I've been approaching this from a more general issues angle, not specific to hunter concerns. I will say that while it might be reasonable to wait two+ years on getting around to adding things somebody asked for, that's entirely too long on more immediate issues they themselves created.
Fang wrote:I understand that blizz does not want baby pets in the game.
I get where you're coming from with the compromise idea, but I didn't even tame Gara because the model just doesn't appeal to me. I actually DO want baby pets for the cuteness factor. I doubt anything short of a Xenomorph Devilsaur would rise to that level of awesomeness.
Fang

Unread post by Fang »

Of course, I do understand that. Trust me I would do anything for the baby wolf to come back. But if blizz truly hates it I would rather something like that rather than a low rez vanilla worg model lol.
Gigabear

Fang wrote:Of course, I do understand that. Trust me I would do anything for the baby wolf to come back. But if blizz truly hates it I would rather something like that rather than a low rez vanilla worg model lol.
If the entire hunter community stood united instead of accepting a raw deal, it's very likely they'd have to at least speak to the issue. As it stands, I'm half convinced some people are burnt they missed out on the pet and are actually glad those who didn't are having it taken.
Fang

Unread post by Fang »

Yeah I agree. I just do not understand why others can be happy for one another. Whenever i see someone with the slime I never get mad and complain to them. I will actually whisper them and say "nice pet". Yes I would really love to have the slime pet, but i have no need to make them lose it just because i cant have it. All people are different i guess. Just wish it didnt have to come to the removal of the pup.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The thing is, the Hunter community isn't united on the issue. Some wish it was back, some are glad it is gone. Some are happy for those who got it, whilst others are spiteful.

In the end, there is a fair chance Blizz won't address this, nor do they have to. They have bigger things on their plate right now: Class Balance and Tuning, 7.2.5, more testing for Tomb of Sargeras, 7.3, etc.
Gigabear

Valnaaros wrote:The thing is, the Hunter community isn't united on the issue. Some wish it was back, some are glad it is gone. Some are happy for those who got it, whilst others are spiteful.

In the end, there is a fair chance Blizz won't address this, nor do they have to. They have bigger things on their plate right now: Class Balance and Tuning, 7.2.5, more testing for Tomb of Sargeras, 7.3, etc.
I've never really ascribed to the concept that game/software devs should get a pass where most other industries would not. The behavior of outright ignoring paying costumers would cost you your job in most industries. You say they don't have to, and for reasons I've always had difficulty understanding that does seem correct in this instance. That however does not make it right, nor will I be forgetting that they have done so. In the end, we sign their paychecks, but they get to decide if they want to descend from Olympus to answer questions from us peasants.
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

I'm going to give my two cents here (for more detailed coverage, please refer to my battle.net post regarding the topic: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754345333)

In essence, this is a topic that's difficult to stick entirely to one side on; on one hand, I agree that Blizzard shouldn't have removed the pups, or at the very least gave known reasoning behind it. On the other, there has been talks of this being a censorship issue, being that "baby vs giant demon = bad" sort of thing, and that's why the pups got axed and not the scorpions.

Either way, Blizzard should have gave a concise reasoning behind it, and whilst it's unfortunate to say, I have a feeling that with all the discussion of how "unfair it is for the scorpions to stay and not the pups", the scorpions will get axed out of spite of the community, which will cause more problems.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, in other industries, and with things that are a big deal. I fewl for those that were attached to the pup, but the reality is: this isn't a big deal. It is sad they were removed, but in the scheme of everything in WoW, it is minor. People are making it out to be a much, much bigger deal than it truly is.

It is not like, for good measure, they purged our entire stables. They removed one pet that, from the get go, had a high chance of being removed. As I said, I feel sorry for those whom liked the pup, but this is not as big an issue as it is being made to be.
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

Valnaaros wrote:Yes, in other industries, and with things that are a big deal. I fewl for those that were attached to the pup, but the reality is: this isn't a big deal. It is sad they were removed, but in the scheme of everything in WoW, it is minor. People are making it out to be a much, much bigger deal than it truly is.

It is not like, for good measure, they purged our entire stables. They removed one pet that, from the get go, had a high chance of being removed. As I said, I feel sorry for those whom liked the pup, but this is not as big an issue as it is being made to be.
While I see what you're saying -- I don't entirely agree with it. My issue with this (mind you I am not an owner of a pup but I am an owner of a scorpion) is that it is a big deal to some people. In the grand scheme of things, you are right, but - everyone has their right to feel wronged or upset by this, despite knowing that there was a very good chance of it getting taken away, people's feelings also need to be taken into account, especially considering this is an issue of aesthetics.

I've been playing Hunter since the launch of WoW, I know how it feels to get attached to a pet, especially one that's completely unique or rare, as I imagine you do as well. It's important that people's feelings are taken into account with this issue. :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Said it before and I will say it again, yes we miss puppy hell even I do but look at it this way it wasn't all Blizzard's fault for removing them if anything blame the players on the forums whining they didn't get to tame one and the players complaining was some exploit. We knew going in they had a chance to remove them and even a chance we would have been in trouble with bans or suspensions true they normally don't do those but this is another Blizzard now then was when you tamed the other pets like baby direhorn so anything could've happened. Also be grateful they didn't so far take away the scorpions but that is to be determined I am still doubting they will but who knows.

To those saying Blizzard is mean I will agree somewhat but then again look at all they have given us we have been asking for, feathermanes being a new family yes they are gated but how long have we been wanting a gryphon by our side also what about Owlcats and Wind Riders I for one have been wanting a damn Owlcat since I first went to Broken Shore as a Demon Hunter and saw them.

We pay to play by their rules and many have been banned for not doing so we were all very lucky all they did was remove puppy when they could have done a puppy ban wave and we would all be out of luck so let us be grateful for what we have and miss puppy but keep ourselves civil so that when we do ask for it back they will see we are not rioting.

*gets off soapbox and hugs Thokinator*
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I had the Pup and have the Scorpid. And, like you, I have been playing a Hunter since Vanilla days. I have several pets that I am very attached to. I would be a bit upset were they removed. But this is an entirely different case. We knew that there was a chance that the Pup could be removed. I warned everyone on the first page to keep that in mind and to not get too attached to them.

There really isn't a way to fix this that will make everyone happy. The Pup is removed, some will be unhappy. Give it back, then those who didn't get it will be unhappy and others will feel like exploiters are being rewarded. If the Dire Horn and Scorpid are removed (to be fair), then those who had them will be unhappy. There really isn't a solution that'll work out for everyone. At this point, what is done has been done.

Thinking about it, this may be Blizz's way of making consequences for exploiters. There have been a few big incidents this xpac where people found an exploit, used it to a great extent, and faced minimum consequences. A month after launch, people found that you could mine the fel basilisks at Felsoul Hold over and over - gaining an infinite supply of Felslate. They were banned for a couple of days and the ore wasn't removed. There was another exploit that allowed you to replicate AP over and over. Again, those who participated were banned for a few days and they were allowed to keep the AP.

I know these are far bigger than a tamable Pup, but I think it is Blizz's attempt to try and be fair. They have, recently, given out long term bans for much bigger things that have happened, and removed the gains. It is fortunate that, in the case of the Pup, that it was just removed and no bans were given. It is possible that the same may happen to the Scorpid. We'll see.
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

zedxrgal wrote:
Xylexia wrote:Would really like to see them open a dialog as to WHY.
I know people want this but I'm 90% sure it won't ever happen. I know I wouldn't. I feel its because of it would be opening themselves up to just bitter, angry, cruel, harsh etc words. Not just from the players who lost their pups but the people who may feel Blizzard was too lenient in the punishment dealt. It's could be, as probably stated already, they feel they don't owe anyone an explanation.

Sometimes bad shit happens without explanation. Take a look at YOUR PART then move on. :)
There were people that were more bitter than whats going on now back when they snuck in a hotfix for the grim spirit totem pet... And they responded as to the reason why, yes they wrote out an announcement to us hunters as to why they fixed it.
Last edited by Valfreya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Putting aside the fierce divide for a second here, my puppy is no longer a puppy, even in my stable window—it's the old generic white worg model like you see in the actual game world. I haven't seen either one called by (glyphed) Dire Beast yet, so I'm not sure how that one's playing out, but I have my suspicions.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

Xella wrote:Putting aside the fierce divide for a second here, my puppy is no longer a puppy, even in my stable window—it's the old generic white worg model like you see in the actual game world. I haven't seen either one called by (glyphed) Dire Beast yet, so I'm not sure how that one's playing out, but I have my suspicions.

Mine is still showing up as the puppy in the stable preview window. I just checked it. I went and sat with the puppies on my druid, made me feel better lol.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xella wrote:Putting aside the fierce divide for a second here, my puppy is no longer a puppy, even in my stable window—it's the old generic white worg model like you see in the actual game world. I haven't seen either one called by (glyphed) Dire Beast yet, so I'm not sure how that one's playing out, but I have my suspicions.
Same. It seems that they are slowly changing it to the White Worg.
Gigabear

Valnaaros wrote:this isn't a big deal.
It's a big deal to me. You're entitled to your opinion that it's a minor issue, but understand it IS an opinion.
Iowawolf wrote: it wasn't all Blizzard's fault for removing them
It really was. This was an action taken purely under their own agency. As we are so often reminded, they are under no obligation to do a thing anyone asks, and frequently don't. They chose to do this, period.

It is my intention to push for a revert or the implementation of tameable puppies until they either allow it or give an explanation as to why they aren't. This deserves at least an explanation.

They have these things called hotfix notes. Is nobody else noticing how the puppycide was not included?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You're making it into a much bigger deal than it really is. I'm sorry that you lost a pet that you were attached to, but you must've known that there was a chance of them being removed.

No, it isn't entirely Blizz's fault. Yes, Blizz chose to remove them, but that was after a massive amount of people across all realms and regions utilized an exploit to gain access to a pet. Then some of those that got the pet decided to flaunt it in front of those that didn't get it, whether by choice or being unable to.

Do you know how many things are fixed every week, but are not mentioned? The notes would be far, far longer if Blizz included every single thing they did, and they put things on the list that warrant mentioning. When the Felslate Basilisk mining exploit was fixed, they didn't mention that at all. Same goes for other exploits. They usually don't mention them, unless it is on a huge scale.