Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Dreamway Prowler Pup and Emberspit Scorp - UPDATE: HOTFI

Unread post by Rawr »

Quoting people who don't work for and/or speak for Blizzard doesn't prove anything, no one at Blizzard said "Hey enjoy them while they last!". I have to agree with Xyl, just saying "I told you so" seems rude and uncalled for. :| :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Xylexia wrote:I think someone just likes to say "I told you so" which is very haughty and uncalled for since there is no precedent for this with the exception of ONE pet out of how many retired shouldn't- have- been-tameable pets? If people can get freaking slimes and keep them I call bullshit.
Someone? Meaning me? :lol: I've never posted in this thread (not even a warning) till about 15 minutes ago. So can'r say I'm doing an "I told you so". But if it makes you or anyone else feel better. Fair enough. :? :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

:(

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm sorry to everyone who lost their puppies. :( Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised in their case (though I still boggle at the baby direhorns remaining intact), I had a suspicion that out of these two unintentional tames it would be the puppies that would get the axe, but I still feel bad for all of those hunters who got attached to theirs, I can imagine the disappointment.

I still don't feel like the scorpids will be changed...I have no proof of course, and it's clear that they can change their minds on a whim, but the scorpids at least feel like a natural model to have in the game world whereas giant baby animals look out of place (in my opinion).

It was fun while it lasted I guess! (I saw a /lot/ of puppies running around on my realm, so it could definitely be the sheer amount of people that were able to tame them this time that drew Blizzard's attention over the direhorn which I've never even seen anyone have in person)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rawr wrote:Quoting people who don't work for and/or speak for Blizzard doesn't prove anything, no one at Blizzard said "Hey enjoy them while they last!". I have to agree with Xyl, just saying "I told you so" seems rude and uncalled for. :| :mrgreen:
Blue post on the hunter forums:
I would say that considering how you must go about getting it, (name omitted), that it isn't intended and I would avoid participating.

Question about a hunter pet

Edit: removed name
Last edited by zedxrgal on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

zedxrgal wrote:This is going to sound really horrible and make me unliked which is fine.

What I fail to understand is why people are so butt hurt it was removed /changed.

Tamers KNEW going into this it probably wasn't going to last and get changed. You know the risks. Yet you QQ and say Blizzard is horrible because they hotfixed and model changed a exploit.

There is zero reason to badmouth Blizzard or be upset with them for the choices made when exploit taming anything.

Sorry just being honest.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It isn't being kill joys. This came with a risk. They have done this sort of stuff before, so it was always a possibility. I'm sorry for those that grew attached to your pups, but (as I warned) you shouldn't have done so until it became clear they weren't going to remove/change them (after a couple of weeks or so).

And yes, there are people paying RL money for CM and Raid runs. What happens to those people? Both the people paying for them and those offering the service are banned for at time. This was a smaller scale thing, so instead of banning people, they removed the pet.
Gigabear
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Gigabear »

Valnaaros wrote:It isn't being kill joys.
Yeah, it totally is. There was no legitimate developmental reason to remove these. The pets were purely cosmetic, conferring no combat advantage of any kind.

IMO this change smacks of outright maliciousness. There is simply no other basis for it. This will be forever known as the day Blizzard killed our puppies.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It isn't. This, as Wain even said, was an exploit for all practical purposes. From day one, we knew there was a chance that they could be removed.

They did actually give a combat advantage. Though it didn't always happen, there were times (happened to myself once or twice), where the pup would shrink to a very, very small size. About as small as its pre-tamed version. In PvP, this would be considered an unfair advantage.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

Valnaaros wrote:It isn't. This, as Wain even said, was an exploit for all practical purposes. From day one, we knew there was a chance that they could be removed.

They did actually give a combat advantage. Though it didn't always happen, there were times (happened to myself once or twice), where the pup would shrink to a very, very small size. About as small as its pre-tamed version. In PvP, this would be considered an unfair advantage.

My friends fen pet got changed into a normal wolf too. ;(
Gigabear

Valnaaros wrote:It isn't. This, as Wain even said, was an exploit for all practical purposes. From day one, we knew there was a chance that they could be removed.

That's a bug with hati in general which is fully reproduceable and was submitted by me many months ago, it has nothing to do with this pet. There are others on live we similar behavior.

More over, this was no exploit. Getting to the Dreamway was an exploit. The tame itself was not. They were flagged as tameable. That Blizzard put them in an area not normally accessible is fairly immaterial to the argument on whether they should have remained.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Doesn't change the fact that it was an unfair advantage and that, possibly, that was part of Blizz's decision.

this was an exploit, and it was tied to taming it. Without it, there would be no means to accessing and taming it. Similar to the Dreadlord debuff in the pre-launch and the Dire Horn.
Gigabear

Valnaaros wrote:Doesn't change the fact that it was an unfair advantage and that, possibly, that was part of Blizz's decision.

Nope. If it were, there are about 30 or so other pets which they'd have deleted quite some time ago with the same behavior. Any pet naturally small in the wild has this behavior when the proper conditions are met. The reverse is also possible, giant sizing the puppy, though not anymore since they killed it. Meanwhile skyscraper-sized Thok will still be a thing. Maybe we should delete him too?
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

The pet still appears as a puppy in the stable, so we have that.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Fang

Unread post by Fang »

IMO blizz needs to be more consistent with these hotfixes. Just because more people got the wolf pet doesnt mean they should change it. The slime is a way worse candidate because it is not even a beast. Also as you said before Val is that it got small on rare occasions. That is true however, same can happen to a lot of pets like thok. I have seen many gigantic thoks. I think what they should have done is to make an official blue post stating all glitch pets after this one will be fixed so it gives people an official notice that all pets would be fixed from a certain point. Also they prob have seen these in the database. It was listed as tamable. since legion launch A final note is that i do not think they should remove a pet like that. I understand not making it tamable that is inevitable, but they have never permanently removed pets in the past except for the worgen because worgen were the race for the next xpac. These are just my thoughts, you can disagree if you desire. I just feel it was unnecessary and not right in this circumstance.
Gigabear

Pretty easy to shrink the pet TBH.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9vWwVYUwAApAwM.jpg:large

Though Giant-sizing him was much more fun.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9VxqoFXYAAcNxb.jpg:large
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, Takanuka returned the day after receiving a one-week hiatus, with a new username. I've completely deleted the second user, so any posts by that name are gone for good. Takanuka's ban is now permanent instead of a break.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I think people are mostly mad at the inconsistency here, I mean if all glitch pets were taken away after sometime I would still get one but just for the pics, lols, and it's something to do. The fact that it wasn't hurting anything, no one got an advantage from it, Blizzard even promptly made it so no outside class could go there, only some of the puppies were changed, and then someone pointed it out when people were already upset about it is what really erked some folks. :| :mrgreen:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:So, Takanuka returned the day after receiving a one-week hiatus, with a new username. I've completely deleted the second user, so any posts by that name are gone for good. Takanuka's ban is now permanent instead of a break.
LAUGH! Dammit I was hoodwinked! :lol:

Thanks for spotting that :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I knew it! Had a gut feeling ;D