Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Possible Argus Pets?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Oh! lol
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I dearly hope the panthera and talbuk became tameable. And the little lizard-cat-martel to be a mini pet and tameable! (I have a mighty need of one for my draenei mage)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They most likely will be. This is the beginning of the ptr. They will do a Taming Pass later on :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Damn! What a day to be away :D

Time to update and go hunting for models! Thanks for all you've reported so far!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thus far, this is everything. Only the first area of Argus has been opened and I have been all over the place.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's hilarious that the model is called a Feasel. Glad Jeremy has another reference in the game :)

It's hard to know if they'll ever be pets, because they have that "in between" look where they kinda look like they should be smaller creatures but maybe not. A bit like the otters etc. are. But it would be great if we could all tame our own Feasel! :D

And... "shackled ur'zul"? Surely we're not going to take an amalgam of the tormented souls of fallen Army of Light... stick a saddle on it, yell "giddy up" and ride around on it? :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Thus far, this is everything. Only the first area of Argus has been opened and I have been all over the place.
That's cool :) I mean I have to hunt for the actual models in the database so I can start uploading official pics to our database :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh! And that Shadow Stalker appeared in the database WAY earlier, but it was encrypted so nobody knew what it looked like. Wow, it's very cool :) By the name I had been wondering earlier if it was JAFC (Just Another F... Cat ;) ) but it's awesome :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm surprised that they would make it into a mount...lol
Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Thus far, this is everything. Only the first area of Argus has been opened and I have been all over the place.
That's cool :) I mean I have to hunt for the actual models in the database so I can start uploading official pics to our database :)
I haven't seen the Warp Stalker yet, but it may be involved with the Void in some manner. In that case, it may not be tamable, since it could be an aberration.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I'm surprised that they would make it into a mount...lol
Wain wrote:
I haven't seen the Warp Stalker yet, but it may be involved with the Void in some manner. In that case, it may not be tamable, since it could be an aberration.
That's ok. If it's a colour-variant of an existing tameable I'll include it anyway.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm not surprised everything's untamable; that's usually one of the later things they put in. There's also a new worm model with spines on its back... it uses the grub base, but idk, it could be okay? They gave us caterpillars after all.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

The new pvp fox mounts make me want the new fox models to be tameable too; pale fox for the horde and black fox for the Alliance.
ImageImage
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yeah I saw that unicorn icon and squeee'ed. I hope if we can't tame it, it's a mount. But I realllly want to tame the unicorns. Maybe if we sent Muffinus a bunch of cookies.

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

The unicorn may be a secret mount, like the worm last time. (It drop from "Puzzler's Desire")
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Vephriel wrote:
Funk wrote:
Vephriel wrote:http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... anet17.jpg
wild talbuk spotted in the background of this screenshot!
ok but

what the fuck

is in the foreground

blizzard
They're literally mutated amalgamations of people fused into some beastlike shape, it's so messed up but also really awesome. Everything looks so cool this patch!
Someone saw this eldritch horror of tortured souls and said: "I want to ride that thing"
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Quoting myself from the screenshot threat I made:
Funk wrote:notable:

she's comforting it, I guess.
Edit: that particular npc in the petrified forest stands by that doggo thing and rubs its back.
funk#1402

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats! I wanna tame all those cats.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Inay wrote:The unicorn may be a secret mount, like the worm last time. (It drop from "Puzzler's Desire")
That was my impression, another thing for the secret hunters to find. That makes me happy because it would mean its a rad mount I love that I actually have a chance to get when it comes out! That don't happen too often these days.

Edit: Not to derail but those Ur'zul remind me of the Pokefusion meme with Weepinduo

PopCulturePooka

Unread post by PopCulturePooka »

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have seen both of those, but they are both critters. Further, there is the matter of wheter or not they are fel-corrupted/tainted, or are demonic. If the latter, then they probably can't be.