7.3 beast images

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

7.3 beast images

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just uploading the images for 7.3 creatures. There are some really amazing new models appearing on Argus and hopefully some or most will become tameable. Nothing has been found to be tameable yet and it's probable that not all will become so, some aren't even in any clear family. Others I've made assumptions, i.e. that mana rays are in the Nether Ray family and Argus talbuks are in the Stag family.

I haven't uploaded any NPCs yet and so I've simply marked them all as "Unused" even if they have already appeared on Argus.

Click on the thumbnail to see the larger image.

Mana Rays
Very cool new take on the nether ray family - a much more rigged and savage-looking creature, and in bright colours! I'm assuming they'll be part of the Nether Ray family but I don't know that for sure.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Argus Talbuks
A new rugged, chitinous and spiny model.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Warp Stalkers
One new void colour. It's very monochrome, but maybe it'll appear on a wild beast.

Panthara
These seem to be a kind of feline reptile, with fantastic glow effects. I don't know if they'll end up in a family of their own or not, but they definitely don't seem to be regular "Cats". Model viewers (including Wowhead and MMO-Champions') don't display the glow effects so I've had to use some witchcraft to get these to display. I've made estimates on the levels of glow and they may appear a little bit different in the game.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Marsuul
These are possibly the most imaginative and cutest of the new models, resembling something that the Jim Henson Company may have come up with. The texture levels are about a quarter of that of the other models, so it's possible they're only intended to be critters, but we can always hope they're tameable (and that they have higher-res versions of these beautiful creatures in their files? Please! :) )!

Image Image Image Image Image

Spiked Grubs (not an official name)
Like all larva models, these are unlikely to become tameable, they're probably going to be used for critters and/or demons. But we do have a tradition of documenting larvae in the Worm family and these are just larvae with spikes.

Image Image Image Image
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: 7.3 beast images

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Mana Rays, meh. Never cared for them. Can't comment on them really.

I've been waiting, waiting for a Warpstalker update.... and we get this. Sad face. It's the old, slightly blocky model with a new color. I guess it's something.

I like the new Talbuks. Maybe not as a pet on my main, but they're neat.

New.. cat reptile things are.. interesting. I like the bioluminescent look to them, and the color combos are cohesive for once.

The new little rodent/marsupial looking thing is quite cute. I really like the little white/blue one.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I'm weak for glow, I love all of them. :D (And gosh, I want the marsuul as a mini-pet too)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Hope they will think of giving us more stable spots with all these new pets I had to release some to tame my new feathermanes but not sure who else I can afford to lose now.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Iowawolf wrote:Hope they will think of giving us more stable spots with all these new pets I had to release some to tame my new feathermanes but not sure who else I can afford to lose now.
Hence why I have hunters of each race; orc only taming Draenor animals, undead only taming skeletal, zombies and ghostly beasts, gnome only taming mech pets, etc

I'm leveling a draenei to 110 in hope of Argus pets are tamable.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Shouldn't have to level multiple characters to take full advantage of one of the main aspects of a class. It's convenient, but shouldn't have to.

I really really hope they add more slots as I to had to release quite a few for feathermanes and have a grand total of 1 space left, and that's including active 5 in call...

I really love all of these, especially the Marsuul and Panthera!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Without a doubt, I want the White and Pink Mana Ray, Orange Spiny Talbuk, Yellow and Green Panthara, and Blue and Orange Marsuul. The mana ray is the most interesting creature so far, and the Panthara are pretty cool too. The new Talbuks are 100% upgrades from the garbage we got from Draenor, and they just look like brutes now; a severe upgrade. Marsuul are most likely going to be stuck as battle pets at best.

I'm glad I cleared my stables of stuff I didn't want to keep. Four slots are definitely being used for these things.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Xylexia wrote:Shouldn't have to level multiple characters to take full advantage of one of the main aspects of a class. It's convenient, but shouldn't have to.

I really really hope they add more slots as I to had to release quite a few for feathermanes and have a grand total of 1 space left, and that's including active 5 in call...

Shouldn't? It's a question of why wouldn't I want to!
PopCulturePooka

Unread post by PopCulturePooka »

So there's also these weird demon bat things that have skull type heads and demon slugs. Are they only critters?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PopCulturePooka wrote:So there's also these weird demon bat things that have skull type heads and demon slugs. Are they only critters?
Oh, I saw those. They're creepy and cool, but they were so much like other demonic creatures that I didn't include them. Their skeletal heads are much like the magehunter/stalkers and their wings are all shredded and almost undead-looking. I just figured it was very unlikely they'd be made tameable, that's all. Maybe it'll be a new model for warlocks to play with :)

I have now included the "slugdemon" model in our Worm family, since it looks pretty much like all the other larva worms (just with added spikes) and we document those. It's still highly unlikely it'll become tameable, but they could credibly be used as beasts in other parts of the game.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*quietly pockets this grub*
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added an official preview page here: http://www.wow-petopia.com/legion73.php
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's not TOO much of a stretch for them to add the grubs. I mean, we can tame the caterpillars, and their texture size is atrocious for a tameable pet. It's about time they let us tame grubs anyway.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

pop wrote:
Xylexia wrote:Shouldn't have to level multiple characters to take full advantage of one of the main aspects of a class. It's convenient, but shouldn't have to.

Shouldn't? It's a question of why wouldn't I want to!
Well you're not alone lol I have hunter of almost every race. But I main night elf. Been BM since vanilla and her slots are full. Lol
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Ahhh I honestly hope every single colour of Mana Ray and Panthara is available and tamable. I wasn't that stoked about either at first but they are gorgeous (especially in game) and I love the colour schemes.

I'm not holding my breath for Marsuul but I would tame the shit out of them if I could.

Thanks, as always, Wain :)
funk#1402

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Those Panthara are awesome, especially the dark grey with blue and the fel green one. Do want! :D

Sadly, I lost a bunch of characters on the PTR to the disconnect boss and didn't get a chance to really check them out in game
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I should also mention that the way the glowing bits are configured, it should be perfectly possible to mix-and-match glows with body colours. That would result in 64 potential colour combos but I'm not prepared to reach that level of craziness yet (unless the designers already have) The ones I've presented have matched glows and bodies based on file names.

I am a little bit tempted to test it out, though. Some of them could look really nice... maybe a purple body with red glows?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:I should also mention that the way the glowing bits are configured, it should be perfectly possible to mix-and-match glows with body colours. That would result in 64 potential colour combos but I'm not prepared to reach that level of craziness yet (unless the designers already have) The ones I've presented have matched glows and bodies based on file names.

I am a little bit tempted to test it out, though. Some of them could look really nice... maybe a purple body with red glows?
Oooh! That's fantastic!! (I'd love to see purple with the green glow :D )
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Man I'm still wondering how Talbuks got to Argus :lol:
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Maybe it's not a matter of Talbuks coming to Argus.. Maybe the Talbuks were BROUGHT to Draenor :U

Siggy under construction!