Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Valnaaros wrote:I also followed that method and it did not work. It looks like you have to be very precise with the meat in order for it to work.
Most likely. It also might have to be perfectly timed. I'm still farming meat to see if I can replicate my first tame.

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

bardgal
Realm: Antonidas, Uldum, Icecrown

Unread post by bardgal »

Rhaenia wrote:I got one. I do believe it's a matter of aggro. Freeze, feign death, toss and tame. Worked like a charm! <3

[edit, so it doesn't look like I'm taking credit...I followed the method in Pokcmvmxckm's comment, and it worked!]
Sorry, just want to make sure the order is correct:

Is it:
  • Freeze
    Feign
    Toss
    Tame
Or:
  • Freeze
    Toss
    Feign
    Tame
Dropping the aggro seems to be key, so just wondering if Tossing the meat draws aggro?
Rhaenia

Unread post by Rhaenia »

bardgal wrote:
Rhaenia wrote:I got one. I do believe it's a matter of aggro. Freeze, feign death, toss and tame. Worked like a charm! <3

[edit, so it doesn't look like I'm taking credit...I followed the method in Pokcmvmxckm's comment, and it worked!]
Sorry, just want to make sure the order is correct:

Is it:
  • Freeze
    Feign
    Toss
    Tame
Or:
  • Freeze
    Toss
    Feign
    Tame
Dropping the aggro seems to be key, so just wondering if Tossing the meat draws aggro?
Freeze(while you have aggro)->feign(to drop aggro)->toss the meat on them while they are frozen and tame immediately.
That's what worked for me, but I am trying to get more meat to test it again.

Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

I have wasted two meats on missing a tame and it's driving me nuts. A bajillion kills later no new meat drops.
Rhaenia

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Also, toss the meat while you're feigning . It'll make you get up, but don't get up on your own . You might pick the aggro back up if you do. I'm pretty sure that was the difference between my first attempt (fail) and my successful second attempt.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I wonder if this was the intended way of doing it. I mean, the meat is obviously the solution, but I wonder if we were supposed to Freeze Trap, FD, etc.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh boy, what an exciting day. :) I was going on 2 hours of sleep while this talbuk meat became a hot topic, had to crash for a while, but sure enough it was solved while I was sleeping.

Oof, this does sound very finicky/glitchy though, I'm not looking forward to attempting it and (most likely) failing my first try. :lol: Still, I'm happy to see we found something!

Also here's a video link of a panthara tame provided by Alphariana from the Secret Finders discord, it might be helpful for some people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7-bMdApsc
Rhaenia

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Vephriel wrote:
Also here's a video link of a panthara tame provided by Alphariana from the Secret Finders discord, it might be helpful for some people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7-bMdApsc
That video looks like it backs up the avoiding aggro idea. I think the method could vary. I was much closer to my tame the whole time, but hey, whatever works!! :D

DavidBowieSenpai
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by DavidBowieSenpai »

All talbuks drop it correct?
Vephriel

DavidBowieSenpai wrote:All talbuks drop it correct?
Yes, the fresh talbuk meat can drop from any talbuk on Argus it seems, the droprate is just VERY LOW. They are also not bind on pickup, so in the future you could possibly find some on the Auction House (but I'm sure the prices will be astronomical right now).

And yeah, I've seen reports of slightly varying taming strategies, it's unfortunate that the method seems so unstable, but it does seem that freezing/camo/avoiding aggro is a good bet.
Last edited by Vephriel on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidBowieSenpai

Vephriel wrote:
DavidBowieSenpai wrote:All talbuks drop it correct?
Yes, the fresh talbuk meat can drop from any talbuk on Argus it seems, the droprate is just VERY LOW. They are also not bind on pickup, so in the future you could possibly find some on the Auction House (but I'm sure the prices will be astronomical right now).
Thank you c:
Rhaenia

Unread post by Rhaenia »

I've been checking the AH every so often and haven't run across any yet. Have we confirmed whether the meat is a hunter-specific drop or not?

Serisia
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Serisia »

Success!

Freeze Trap -> FD -> Use meat from FD directly -> Tame!

I had to set it up twice, I was too far away the first time I feigned and had to use my trap a second time so the CD's were lined up.

I spent about an hour farming Talbucks in Krokuun up and down from the Grove of Naroua.
Rhaenia

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Grats!! They're even more gorgeous as pets somehow lol

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Whatever you do, don't use Skaggldrynk (latest invis potion). It puts the meat on a 10 min. CD to use! :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

They really need to buff the drop rate of the meat. It doesn't need to be super high, I am fine with it being rare but spending upwards of an hour doing nothing but kill talbuks is a bit much.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

300 kills and nothing. At least I have something to do while I wait to be able to get to work on irl things. But I consider the fact that I have killed 300 talbuks (likely more) and not seen the meat to be unacceptable.

Edit: This really could have been a neat and pretty adorable tame. I like the idea of finding some meat, tricking the beast and taming while they are distracted. The drop rate sucks all the fun out of it.
Last edited by Funk on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

Vephriel

Rhaenia wrote:I've been checking the AH every so often and haven't run across any yet. Have we confirmed whether the meat is a hunter-specific drop or not?
I think we've confirmed that the meat ONLY drops for hunters, yes, but then they can sell it or give it to other people because it doesn't bind on pickup.

Also, I think it's safe to say we're the alpha testers of this taming method since we couldn't get to it on PTR. It's very buggy and I imagine they'll fine tune it soon (I hope) now that people are attempting it. It feels very unreliable and buggy right now.
DavidBowieSenpai

http://imgur.com/9amAZuq
Method works! Only took me about 40ish mins to get a meat, then I just did the trap, feign death, camoflage, throw meat, and tame method.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Am I the only one who isn't taming a Panthara because the 2 colors they want aren't in the game?