Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Hazzal »

SHE'S HERE, SHE'S HERE.

FINALLY.

I got my silver kitty and named her Yue.

I will confirm that the drop on the meats is absolutely horrendous and I had to kill like war crime numbers of Talbuks.

How I got her: I made a macro

/tar duskcloak alpha
/cast tame beast

First I got her alone, alphas are always surrounded, feigned death, got up and walked right up next to her, feigned again, used the meat from feign and immediately mashed the macro.
Last edited by Hazzal on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serisia
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Serisia »

Congrats on the tames!
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I collected my set! The yellow I got before hotfix. I was helping test methods involved with the meat, so I ended up farming a total of TEN of these! I almost died. Takes about 35-45 min for meat to drop if you're killing consistently and don't have the world's worst RNG. I definitely got very lucky a few times.

For me personally, the trickiest part was having a tiny bit more patience with hitting tame after tossing the meat. Wait until you see the blood splash. If you immediately follow the toss with tame, you might catch the cat just before the buff hits, resulting in a fail. This happened to me several times.

I went survival -> camo, trap, very carefully get close to the cat, toss directly on it, see blood splash and hit tame.

Good luck everyone, and thank you to all the folks who helped out today!!

Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

This is the panthara I tamed, just in case anyone is keeping track of which ones seem 'buggy.' I am curious, has anyone had a tame bug out using the camo method?
TiverPT01
Realm: Cenarius

Unread post by TiverPT01 »

Just wondering, does the meat drop only for hunters, or any class? My hunter does not skin, my Demon Hunter does, and I would hate to waste all that leather farming for meat that I could use for mail armor items for my hunter.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Aquillian wrote:Image

This is the panthara I tamed, just in case anyone is keeping track of which ones seem 'buggy.' I am curious, has anyone had a tame bug out using the camo method?
Yes, I had it bug out twice with camo. I think I was hitting tame too soon and catching the cat a split second before the buff landed.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Hmm, seems to be a common trait. I waited until I saw a particle effect from throwing the meat, that must be pretty important.

Edit: I farmed the meat on my hunter personally so I am not sure.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Vephriel wrote:Got my first talbuk meat after about 150 kills!

While I realize the smart thing would probably be to hold onto it and see if they improve the stability of this taming method over the next few days, I'm impatient and eager so I'm going to make an attempt on a green panthara (which sound like the most uncooperative). Wish me luck! D:
Following the tips in Alphariana's video, I got mine first attempt!!! I'm so relieved!!! :D

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_083117_151845.png
WoWScrnShot_083117_151845.png (654.77 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

One of the sweet kitties I got other was the silver/blue alpha.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

So the second time, I tried the camo method. Trap -> Feign -> Camo -> (definitely not in combat) -> Meat -> -> Wait for buff to land (squishy meat effect thing) -> Tame. Also didn't work. My tame started and was interrupted (after like a second or so, not how it usually "shimmers"). Also, I tried it on the green ones both times. No other enemies within like 50 yards.

500 kills for 2 meats.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Bendak wrote:So the second time, I tried the camo method. Trap -> Feign -> Camo -> (definitely not in combat) -> Meat -> -> Wait for buff to land (squishy meat effect thing) -> Tame. Also didn't work. My tame started and was interrupted (after like a second or so, not how it usually "shimmers")

500 kills for 2 meats.
Only use camo to approach and get close enough not to get agro then trap it quickly feign death and throw meat then tame.
Eluvia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Eluvia »

I just managed to tame one after finally getting a meat drop. It was my second tame attempt as a friend had got a piece of meat and given it to me, but I messed up the first time.

I changed my spec to SV for the second tame so that I had access to camouflage.
Method I used:

Ice trap from a distance
FD
Camouflage - walk up closer to the panthara
throw the meat while in camo

immediately start taming. I had my finger over the tame button, and of course make sure you have the cat targeted.

Goodluck! :D

https://twitter.com/green_iris/status/9 ... 1348968449
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

As a note in the method I mentioned above I did not use camo at all as I was specced Beast Mastery (no camo). So I can confirm camo is NOT needed but it might help sometimes.
Serisia

Unread post by Serisia »

Hazzal wrote:As a note in the method I mentioned above I did not use camo at all as I was specced Beast Mastery (no camo). So I can confirm camo is NOT needed but it might help sometimes.
Same here!
Lordvego
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lordvego »

Serisia wrote:Success!

Freeze Trap -> FD -> Use meat from FD directly -> Tame!

I had to set it up twice, I was too far away the first time I feigned and had to use my trap a second time so the CD's were lined up.

I spent about an hour farming Talbucks in Krokuun up and down from the Grove of Naroua.
How did you get the greenish one? Ive tried like 4 meats on the ones just south and outside the hovel and they keep resisting no matter what.
Serisia

Unread post by Serisia »

Lordvego wrote: How did you get the greenish one? Ive tried like 4 meats on the ones just south and outside the hovel and they keep resisting no matter what.
I got the yellow/green one on Tuesday morning before the hotfix, so I'm not sure why the current method isn't working well. Sorry :(
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I did everything listed and the panthara still shimmered away. I camo, trapped, threw the meat and waited for the splash and he still shimmered. I'm disappointed but I guess that's how it goes sometimes

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Third attempt: I did it naked and it worked.

Thought maybe it could be a artifact trait, set bonus, trinket, or some weird thing in the background triggering that was interrupting the process.

So take off all your clothes if you think you're doing everything right but it's just not working.

I trapped from a distance, feigned, camo, walked into meat throwing range, threw the meat, began tame 0.5s later.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Do you know why there's so many talbuks in Krokun that I can't interact with? I would like to loot this talbuk meat.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

They're annoying but I assumed they were tied to the Krokuun faction or something. Also some of them in one area are tied to a quest that you have to rope them and return them to the stable master (if these are the talbuk you are mentioning)

And, if you have a body guard you may want to get rid of it. I had Meat ball yesterday and he attacked the pets I tried to tame (a marsuul).

When I get another meat I am going to try naked taming lol.
Last edited by Arthur on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."