Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I hope they up the drop rate now that's its not super secret anymore and pretty soon we will have hunters fighting over spawns (already starting to see it a bit) but i think that's just wishful thinking.

has anyone with lots of meat checked to see if they can assist the tame for other hunters?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are often puzzles that do go live, such as the Lucid Nightmare and other things, but I do get what you mean. There just isn't anything fun about farming for hours, and then having all of that time wasted because of bugs. Could be prevented if it was available in the ptr. Could get a better droprate and work out all of the kinks there, instead of having to waste time on Live.

No worries :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

SylviaDragon wrote:I hope they up the drop rate now that's its not super secret anymore and pretty soon we will have hunters fighting over spawns (already starting to see it a bit) but i think that's just wishful thinking.

has anyone with lots of meat checked to see if they can assist the tame for other hunters?
I have seen it happening, and have seen them being farmed for the sole purpose of gold making. If the drop rate isn't increased, then this whole situation will be rather bad for a while.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

The best thing to do, whether your realm is crowded or not, is to get a group together. If you see someone trying to compete with you, invite them to your group or join theirs. I had a rather good group going a few hours ago. Everyone got at least two meat drops, some got more. It's a bit of a sh*tstorm right now because it's new...only thing we can do is weather the storm together.

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Iowawolf wrote:
Novikova wrote:People on MG are being awful about the talbuks. Yaaaaay. Hopefully I can find a good spot and server hop I guess.
I have three to give away if you are alliance.

Sadly, I am horde but I appreciate it. There's been a few chill hunters on MG, and I appreciate them all the more. Thanks chill Draenei lady, wherever you are.

Edit: And sadly, I cannot group as the only Horde. :(
Last edited by Novikova on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

It isn't too bad on my realm tbh. At least not right now.

Edit: Just as I say that, another alliance hunter appears as I've just activated Light's Judgement on a bunch of talbuks... woops. If I had known they were coming I'd have waited!

On an unrelated but satisfying note, several people on my realm were killing the Garothi Obliterator so I joined them. Then more joined.

It drops no loot but I'm already in a better mood after that.
Attachments
hahahahaaaaaa.jpg
hahahahaaaaaa.jpg (152.45 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Novikova wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:
Novikova wrote:People on MG are being awful about the talbuks. Yaaaaay. Hopefully I can find a good spot and server hop I guess.
I have three to give away if you are alliance.

Sadly, I am horde but I appreciate it. There's been a few chill hunters on MG, and I appreciate them all the more. Thanks chill Draenei lady, wherever you are.

Edit: And sadly, I cannot group as the only Horde. :(
Idk how late you're on but I can realm hop you to mal'ganis (pvp) or WrA later as I've got Horde 110s there. I would just need to do the intro quests to Argus.
funk#1402

jazari

Unread post by jazari »

Success! Switched to survival for camo, tame worked without a hitch. Hardest part was murdering what felt like every talbulk on Krokuun
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

HAH. That stupid thing has stomped on me twice. That's amazing.

And Funk, don't worry about it it too much. I'll just see if I can group with other horde or realm hop it. :D I'd feel bad making you do the intro quests just for my sake.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ugh! 400 kills and it bugged out again. i did it just like in the video but it breaks taming instantly.

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Got it myself just now and even changed my mog to match, the black one with green is pretty sharp.

Featherbow
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Featherbow »

finally got mine. Ran all up and down the road farthest to the west on krokuun farming talbuks and finally got meat after about an hour. Switched to survival from BM for camo, because you can NOT be in combat with it in order for the meat to work, threw meat from camo, tamed, success.

Gorejira
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Gorejira »

After about 7 - 8 hours of farming the Talbuks, I got only 2 meat. But I took a chance and followed what Alphariana did in her first video and I was able to get one of the cats I wanted. The other one I need to wait for Mac to open up. So as long as it doesn't bug, I shouldn't have to go on a Talbuk murder spree anymore x.x
Only chance of that besides the bug is if we can tame the red one at some point!

Elffy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Elffy »

Finally got all four tamed I wanted to, with some meat left over for the other two tames! Used the Trap/Feign/Camo/Throw meat/tame for all of them, thank you so much for the tips!

Only had one issue with a single tame, but I believe it was because I didn't throw the meat correctly.

Also something of note. I was farming for a total of 8 hours today. two of those hours with another hunter and a druid friend of mine. We both got drops and our druid got several meats to drop for him. He was from another realm so unfortunately they couldn't be traded to either of us. I'm not sure if they dropped for him because he was in a group of two hunters, or if any class can get them to drop. I'm going to try solo on my shaman tomorrow and mail them to my hunter if so. I wasn't sure if this was already known, posting just in case!
Sakera
Realm: BLOODSCALP

Unread post by Sakera »

Vephriel wrote:Also here's a video link of a panthara tame provided by Alphariana from the Secret Finders discord, it might be helpful for some people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7-bMdApsc
Thank you for linking that video! Using that method I was finally able to get my tame. I had failed 3 times before.
I've been farming the meat since yesterday afternoon, but only ever got 4 meats to drop.
However, I now have over 4 stacks of leathers & x26 Primal Sargerite, lol.

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

gonna smash some spiky deer ally side hmu funk#1402

might switch to horde side at some point
funk#1402

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Lordvego wrote:a flow Ive found to work relatively reliably and after multiple fails is this:

Aggro>Trap>FD>FROM FD (this is the important part) toss the meat>Tame

This way from what Ive found, lets you toss the meat and get the thing on them while they arent aggro'd. I tried multiple way of unFDing and everything kept putting the mob into attack mode and failing the meat toss. Overall I probably farmed for 3-4 hours, got about 10 meat and wasted 7-8 of em with the crappy mob being aggroed all the time.
Tried this method on my 4th try, worked like a charm.

Wanted the yellow/violet version on Mac'Aree, but I don't think I can stomach another talbuk massacre until much later for it. XD

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Alright. it absolutely has to be bugged for me. I have tried it four times and its not working. I tried throwing the meat in front it it, i tried throwing the meat smack dab in the middle of its hitbox. I tried hitting tame as soon as the meat was down, i tried waiting a few moments before hitting tame. I tried taming after having gotten aggro, i tried without ever aggroing it at all. I watched the videos several times and asked other hunters for tips. Nothing is working and i have spent at least seven hours farming this outrageous drop rate just so i could have these four measly failed attempts. I only wanted one cat. I'm done. Maybe something will get hotfixed.

Aeonika
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by Aeonika »

Same boat, tried three times in various ways and nothing. If anyone is bored, I have no competition for spawns at the moment. horde. tag is Aeonika#1408
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

With how buggy the tame is, the meat has absolutely no right to be as rare as it is.

And that's from someone who has no interest in the current panthara models saying that. (Now if the Violet or Red ones were made available...)