Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Hewolfke »

KeyLimeSerpent wrote:As far as the green ones are concerned:
When I got mine, this is the order I did things:
Go Survival, Spec into Camo
Camo up to your desired panthara
Throw your trap, do not fd just stay in camo
Throw your meat
Tame immediately

This worked for the three Panthara I've tamed. The only time I had a tame fail is when I used the method that involved trapping then fding.

15 times, and nothing, doesn't work... i was in camo, next i went nearby, on the farest distance to trow a freeztrap (then even by far they allready shimmer on the trap, they feel attacked by the trap!), trew meat and on the second tame -> shimmering again right on the start of the tame! On the second!!! So what is wrong here??? I've seen hunters with that cat, but got this as answer: we got it on the PTR, not on the live argus.... :o i just have a feeling, i say clearly feeling, that a lot of fantasy is posted on this topic as those cats are so far by 15 times doing it, on survival and on BM with ilvl 918 and still NO result on any of the cats, green, blue, cub, or adult... Not even close all i got in any possible way was: imediat shimmering.
Last edited by Hewolfke on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

A lot of fantasy WITH screenshots and video?
I'm sorry you're having trouble. The only thing I can suggest is keep trying it.

Siggy under construction!

Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Unread post by Hewolfke »

Bowno wrote:A lot of fantasy WITH screenshots and video?
I'm sorry you're having trouble. The only thing I can suggest is keep trying it.
Video was PTR... many scrn shots are too... :( Nvm, i do not belong in these stories, as i've seen a person posting inhere, at dalaran, claiming to have the cat, and after he/she was there with a spiritual and hati true form, person didn't even have done the quest to essence swap his hati... That is what i ment by "fantasy", or posting to post a "post". Goodbye.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Ok but no one knew how to tame them on the PTR. o_O
Also I've seen a few hunters in Dalaran with the one that WASNT bugged on my server.

Siggy under construction!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

After looking at the experiences of others, my attempt that did work should not have and my attempt that didn't work should have. My second and failed attempt was flawless as far as I could tell. I even beastlored it before just to be sure. It was one of the silver ones that path back and forth with two blue ones down in the gulley, not up where the rare is. I used camo, trapped it, feigned, threw the meat, hit tame and nothing. I tamed a blue one that was pathing with that one, after it aggro'd on me. But, I trapped, feigned, threw meat and tamed it slick as anything. So, this isn't making sense.

I admit I don't know if either of my trinkets would be triggered by trapping or taming. I've got Tempered Egg of Serpentix and Fury of the Burning Sky. Both has a chance to do a thing when using abilities, but I don't know if taming/trapping are among those abilities. Since I did the same thing twice with different results, I'm even more baffled. I didn't see them do their thing, so I'm assuming they didn't.

Given my luck, I don't expect to see more meat any time soon, so it's impossible to form any kind of conclusion based on a sample size of two. I farmed some more tonight, until some mage showed up and still nothing. That's probably 4 or 5 hours now of farming, so I question their wisdom on the drop rate as well as the (botched) taming. The meat I did get was from my girlfriend who is made of horseshoes, rabbit's feet and four leaf clovers.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

For me, it worked the following way with a fel-green Panthara: I found a sleeping one by the lake of fel lava. Threw a freezing trap on it. Feigned death, got into camo, walked up to the trapped cat, threw meat right at the center of the target circle and hit tame.

I also tried to tame a black-blue panthara and found one outside of the pack, but (I assume) my trinket procced and put me into combat with it and it bugged out.

P.S. EU server, just in case.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Hewolfke wrote:
Video was PTR... many scrn shots are too... :( Nvm, i do not belong in these stories, as i've seen a person posting inhere, at dalaran, claiming to have the cat, and after he/she was there with a spiritual and hati true form, person didn't even have done the quest to essence swap his hati... That is what i ment by "fantasy", or posting to post a "post". Goodbye.
My screenshot was from live. And i'm surprised you haven't seen hunters running around with the cats when you farmed the meat. I had to contend with several hunters who already had one.

in other news, i'm curious to see how many people have been sneaking up on them from behind? I didn't tame mine until i trapped one and came up from directly behind it.
Also guys there is no debuff or buff when you throw the meat. there is just a half second blood splatter animation when it hits the ground and thats it. I tamed mine the second the splatter animation happened. If you are waiting around for something more to happen then its probably already too late.

I also feel like maybe we have added needless steps? Like using feign death when you can throw both the trap and the meat without breaking cammo. And has it been confirmed that you have to ice trap them, or is that just something that was initially done to keep a wandering mob in place and now everyone doing it for the sleeping ones too? we have so many varied experiences now that its pretty clear that we have thrown in needless moving parts- otherwise some of these success stories should not have worked.

I really don't like this tame. between all the finicky uncertainty of the taming processes itself, the crappy drop rate of the meat and the limited mobs now being farmed by gold farmers of every class, it just dosnt feel like it was set up very well. Taming was more of a relief that a reward with how frustrating it was.

Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Hewolfke wrote:

Hewolfke, I understand that you're having trouble taming and that this process is frustrating, but that is no reason to accuse the entire forum of lying. Taming IS possible, as I have managed to tame all four available colors within the past few days. Feel free to check my stable: Rhaenia-Thrall. Everything was tamed on the live game, as no one was able to use this method on the PTR.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

SylviaDragon wrote: Also guys there is no debuff or buff when you throw the meat. there is just a half second blood splatter animation when it hits the ground and thats it. I tamed mine the second the splatter animation happened. If you are waiting around for something more to happen then its probably already too late.
THANK YOU for emphasizing the fact that there is no actual debuff. It's frustrating to see so many people giving up or ruining their tames because they are waiting for a "debuff/buff" in the traditional sense of the word.

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I managed to get mine yesterday. Took about 30 min of farming talbuks before I got a meat to drop.|

I stayed in Beast Master spec and used the:

Freeze
Feign
Toss
Tame
Method.

What I did, was stand right beside the panthara, freeze it, Feign death, toss the meat on it and as soon as the meat landed (splattered), I hit tame and it went off without any issues.
This was with one of the ones in the Grove of Naroua.

I found killing all the marsuuls in the area before the panthara, and then just waiting with track beast on for Talbuk to spawn was the easiest way to farm there. There is about 5-6 talbuk that spawn in that area.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

jaynkumz
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by jaynkumz »

Finally got an Apex. I think it was more the fact I found it alone and had other things picking up aggro at times. This time I used a trap->camo->FD->Meat on trap->tame when you see the splash.
Selenah
Realm: C'Thun

Unread post by Selenah »

Hi, I've tamed two of them today. I've been farming meat for 2 hours this morning, and got 4 pieces. I wasted two pieces of meat but I finally found out that in order to tame the panthara you have to see a blood splash after throwing the meat on it. The two pantharas I was able to tame were asleep, I don't know if this is important. I went survival, camouflage + ice trap + meat over the panthara (blood splash) + tame = success That's all I did.

Last edited by Selenah on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I know this is not on-topic (and don't want the thread derailed), but Panthara is one of the reason why stables need to increase over time. Once I tame the few I want, I am never releasing them due to the sheer amount of nonsense you have to go through to hope and get lucky enough for a successful tame. Thats several slots just eat up because releasing these and retaming is an insane idea.
Selenah
Realm: C'Thun

Unread post by Selenah »

Bristlenose wrote:I just tried again. Same b.s. I was in Survival, camo'd trapped, threw the meat directly on top of the alpha. It did nothing at all. No buff/debuff or change. I'm tired of doing this. And yes, I took off my weapon and trinkets so nothing could proc.

There's no buff or debuff just a blood splash. After the blood spash you have to press the tame button or you'll fail.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Quiv wrote:I know this is not on-topic (and don't want the thread derailed), but Panthara is one of the reason why stables need to increase over time. Once I tame the few I want, I am never releasing them due to the sheer amount of nonsense you have to go through to hope and get lucky enough for a successful tame. Thats several slots just eat up because releasing these and retaming is an insane idea.
This ♤♤♤♤

The amount of effort and time into taming a lot of rare and challenge pets will not allow me to release them.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

I also have had success on live taming two Panthara on Thursday.

Went Survival, into camo, walked up into meat-throwing range, threw freezing trap, threw meat, saw the animation of a blood splash around them as I immediately hit tame. Worked both times. I did not Trap -> Feign, just stayed in camo and did not get aggro. There was no debuff/buff on the pantharas, just the blood splash animation. This is fine. Worked on both the dark blues in the Grove of Naroua, and the light blue Alphas in the petrified forest. One was "sleeping," one was not. I did not sneak up "behind" either of them.

@Hewolfke This was on live, US-Horde. I'll happily show anyone my pantharas if they doubt that this is working on the live client.

For the time being, here is my obviously LIVE armory page, with a panthara shown in my stable if you scroll down to see my active hunter pets. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ord/daetur
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For the upcoming Mac'Aree zone (tested on PTR) I can confirm:

- talbuks drop meat, as you would hope! If the drop rate is any better than live, I wouldn't know. I didn't test it for long enough to get any meaningful stats, but had to kill quite a few to get 2 pieces of meat, anyway.

- the Shadowseeker Panthara occasionally get a buff that turns them into the unavailable violet look, but I tested taming them and they sadly lose the appearance upon taming and revert to the blue-grey one. This was expected, I just wanted to be sure.

- likewise, the Panthara Shadowfangs occasionally have a buff that turns them into the indigo-with-cyan-lights look. I haven't yet confirmed if that look is lost upon taming as (even though I got a second piece of meat) the tame failed. Update: I can confirm that colour is lost upon taming too (as expected) and it reverts its native purple-with-yellow-lights. But that's fine as the other look is available elsewhere.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Question that may (or may not) shed some light on the problems people are having with taming panthara:

When you throw the meat, do you also have the beast targetted? Just now I successfully tamed after throwing the meat with the beast targetted. Then I tried to tame another but it failed, but in that instance I hadn't targetted the panthara before throwing the meat, I only clicked on it to tame.

Maybe it's a coincidence but it makes me wonder.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:Question that may (or may not) shed some light on the problems people are having with taming panthara:

When you throw the meat, do you also have the beast targetted? Just now I successfully tamed after throwing the meat with the beast targetted. Then I tried to tame another but it failed, but in that instance I hadn't targetted the panthara before throwing the meat, I only clicked on it to tame.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I do believe both times I tamed panthara I had them targetted while throwing the meat, but I can't say with 100% certainty.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Wain wrote:Question that may (or may not) shed some light on the problems people are having with taming panthara:

During the successful tame, I 100% had the panthara targetted. I can not say for the one that borked, though D: