Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Funk »

My question now is whether this is actually just very rare, or gated somehow. Rep maybe? I am going to be very disappointed if it's just extremely rare.
funk#1402

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I don't think it is gated. Just very rare. Bad enough if we just need one. Will be terrible if we have to farm 10, which is the max stack.
WolvFTW
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by WolvFTW »

Funk wrote:My question now is whether this is actually just very rare, or gated somehow. Rep maybe? I am going to be very disappointed if it's just extremely rare.
its not gated, just extremely rare. a friend tried farming for about 2 hours and only got 3. so yeah.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

WolvFTW wrote:
Funk wrote:My question now is whether this is actually just very rare, or gated somehow. Rep maybe? I am going to be very disappointed if it's just extremely rare.
its not gated, just extremely rare. a friend tried farming for about 2 hours and only got 3. so yeah.
Are there reports of the Meat dropping for non hunters, can it be mailed to alts if needed? If so, I'm going to kill every Talbuk I see when questing on alts.
WolvFTW
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by WolvFTW »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
WolvFTW wrote:
Are there reports of the Meat dropping for non hunters, can it be mailed to alts if needed? If so, I'm going to kill every Talbuk I see when questing on alts.
we've had a guy kill over 80 on his paladin, no meat. when on his hunter and farmed for 25 minutes and got 2. so right now we can only assume its a hunter only drop
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

WolvFTW wrote:
Pokcmvmxckm wrote:
WolvFTW wrote:its not gated, just extremely rare. a friend tried farming for about 2 hours and only got 3. so yeah.
we've had a guy kill over 80 on his paladin, no meat. when on his hunter and farmed for 25 minutes and got 2. so right now we can only assume its a hunter only drop
Thanks for the Info.
Last edited by Pokcmvmxckm on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow it looks like we have the solution!! Thanks to those reporting that :) But urgh, that's a LOT of work for one panthara. I wonder how may it takes to make them sated and tameable :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

*sighs heavily*

Ok...

While I take breaks from murdering innocent talbuks, I have a few more thoughts. Probably just wishful thinking. Maybe I am in denial about the ensuing farm.

I think we are all kinda assuming we chuck ten of these things on a panthara and tame--I know I am.

However, I think it might be worthwhile to be a bit creative still. I'm willing to donate any meat I find to testing before we know anything for certain.

I wonder if these can be used to unlock tames for everyone, temporarily. Let me explain my thinking. What happens if we chuck the things on the boss Pantharas? Naroua etc. Like, maybe the logic is that they end up sucking magic from other panthara because of it. Maybe it causes their deaths to diminish magic in the area (petrified forest and grove for Naroua) or something. Mechanically maybe its a matter of hunters working together to make the cats tamable for all for a little while. Again, possibly wishful thinking. I'm also not sure if the meat even works on Naroua and the likes.

It's just... having to farm ten of these things seems like a lot for a single tame. As I've said, I've been farming talbuks and all skinnable creatures since the patch launched. I have hundreds and hundreds of the new leather. No meat. Maybe panthara are intended to be very rare as pets. It's possible. If not, then having to farm ten of this meat is unreasonable. It may not even require ten, mind you.
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I killed a frackton of talbuks in Krokuun on the PTR in order to reset to check colours, yet I've never seen that meat before. I hope we don't need a whole stack. :/
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Wain wrote:I killed a frackton of talbuks in Krokuun on the PTR in order to reset to check colours, yet I've never seen that meat before. I hope we don't need a whole stack. :/
It's possible that this was disabled during the PTR, though.

I share your sentiment regardless.
funk#1402

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I thought someone here said the talbuk meat was part of some WQ? Guess not if its dropping otherwise.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If it requires 10 meat, and it is this rare, then that is very unreasonable. Would be one thing if it was just for a single mob, but this is for a whole species. I also spent a ton of time in the ptr killing Talbuk on the hunch that the Talbuk Meat could have something to do with it, but I never found a single piece. As Funk said, it is possible that they didn't drop in the ptr (which, if true, is evidence that Blizz can and will prevent us from discovering tames in the ptr).
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Quiv wrote:I thought someone here said the talbuk meat was part of some WQ? Guess not if its dropping otherwise.
There's an Argussian Reach WQ up right now (for NA, at least), but aren't as many killable talbuks near it.

Having them only dropping during certain world quests could explain the rarity but from the sounds of it a world quest isn't needed.
funk#1402

Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

It could be that talbuk meat is step one in unlocking the ability to tame the entire panthara group. Like if we tame one successfully we can tame all forever afterward.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valinar wrote:Hi all, I wanted to pop in and say that i have been trying this with the wild imp meat from the cave near Illidan in krokuun. We might need to match the meet to the specific breed of panthara?
The imp meat is for making disgusting feasts, which summon Mother Rosula :) (and she has a chance of dropping a minipet)
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Hazzal wrote:It could be that talbuk meat is step one in unlocking the ability to tame the entire panthara group. Like if we tame one successfully we can tame all forever afterward.
This is possible too.

I've not found any meat, still. But if anyone wants me to test specific things, then let me know.
funk#1402

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We'll have to wait and see if that is the case. Taming one could give us a passive ability that allows us to tame more in the future. In that case, gathering 10 meat isn't a big deal. Will only be if it is required every single time.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Imp Meat and Feast were tested in the ptr, and I believe that I saw somewhere that someone tested it on Live with no results.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

Can confirm that the meat drops for hunters in game now. I have gotten two drops so far, but I'm reluctant to test them until I have more than 10 or if it is confirmed that we need 10...either way, I'll be grinding Talbuk kills all day. Do you think we'd yield a better result if we had a team of people killing and looting Talbuks? Then we just compile the meat and test it?

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Throwing one fresh meat and then freeze trap did not work.

Side note: Imp meat got nothing to do with the tame. They are for spawning a imp mother rare.