Should we have more stable slots?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Should we have more stable slots?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I don't think a matter of ethics was ever an issue in this. These aren't real animals. It all comes down to whether or not there should be a limit (which myself and plenty of others believe there should be). And I agree, Novi, that until Blizz actually says something on this matter, it will just continue to cycle through these forums over and over again.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

GormanGhaste wrote:
If a person wants to collect all the rare pets like Spirit Beasts and challenge tames, why not?
Because there has to be limits. I love insects. In game, I especially love taming beetles, moths, silithids, wasps. In the past, I've had multiple silithids, wasps, half a dozen beetles, all at once. That was my choice, and I do not expect blizzard to give me space to tame every insect in game. When I decide I need space for a new tame, I take a hard look at my insect collection. People who tame rares should do the same. I don't think it's possible to convince me that someone has an intimate relationship with 50 rares. Take some nice screenshots of the unused pets, write a nice story, and release them back into the wild, so they can get some sunshine.
Unless Blizzard takes a sharp stance and deadpans that collecting pets for their looks is off-limits for hunters, it is not up to us to decide. People should only do what people like - it is a game, after all. If you enjoy an intimate companionship of a handful of pets - great! Happy for you! That's your niche. Does someone want to collect all Spirit Beasts and shuffle them around to match mogs? Great! Hope luck's on their side, and they manage to do it soon. It's not up to me or you to dictate how people "should" treat their time in the game.

Before the wardrobe system was introduced, the same argument of "people should have limits" could have been applied, for example, to transmogrification appearances altogether. It is up to one certain player whether to collect them or not. There is no "should" in this regard, only what players find fun, engaging and appealing.

P.S. I still have over 20 free stable slots and won't fill them out anytime soon and altogether in this discussion I am of a pretty neutral stance. Blizz adds stable slots? Great. Makes, say, 5 places purchasable for 25k gold? Neato! Doesn't add any? Not a big deal. However, I find it irksome when people tell others how they should play their game. Partially comes from being a non-raiding PvP-er who is on the weekly basis being told that I "should" raid. Have a nice day :hug:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think myself, Gorman, or others of the Limit Stables opinion have been trying to tell anyone how to play. Rather, we are expressing our own views and opinions on the matter. People can do whatever they like, including filling their stables with every Spirit Beast, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with their decision in doing such nor do we think it is necessarily a wise idea. But that is our opinion on the matter. As I have said, I believe there should be a limit, but I wouldn't speak out against the decision if it was increased (unless it was to a ridiculous amount).

As for xmogs, I don't think I ever heard of anyone saying that there should be limits to them. If anything, the vast majority were of the opinion that Blizz should make a Wardrobe system, and I recall hearing this ever since Xmogs were implemented in Cata.

Hunter pets are different for two reasons. One, we don't know what the majority of Hunters actually think on this matter. Petopia holds a very small amount of all Hunters in WoW. And two, we don't know what Blizz thinks about this. They may be against us having a huge amount of slots. I believe there was even a blue post about them being against us being collectors, but this was at least a few years back.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

GormanGhaste wrote:Ok, I'm
taking a sharp turn here, but what if the whole Hati transmog thing was a test run of adding hunter pet *appearances* to the collections UI? How would everyone feel about being able to change the appearance of our regular pets?
I'm not a fan for this. Makes the pet more like a item imo.
Valnaaros wrote:In the next xpac, I can easily see BM having two pets by default. Currently, your main pet is a bit stronger than Hati, and that would be how it is later on. But instead of having to use an item to swap Hati's appearance with something else, you just swap in an entirely different pet.
I hope so.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

As a hunter pet collector I am torn between wanting more slots and keeping it where it is because if they added more than what is enough and as it is makes us keep ones we really want or special tames. I tamed every spirit beast on my main hunter and lot of wolves like Ceraxas and Fenryr but there are some pets I can release if need be just right now don't have a reason too.

If they added more when will they stop cause we all know they will draw the line and say hunters you got enough so in the end we will be back here asking we want more but they won't give any so I would be ok without anymore for sometime it will make me look at my stable though full and decide ok who goes bye bye.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I just don't understand what the big deal is

Adding more slots hurts NO ONE and takes very little time I'd think. However it may take up server space. That is the only down side.

Adding more slots benefits those who need them.

For a person to claim that 'in order to be a hunter you should bond with only a few pets' is utterly ridiculous and that ideal severly limits those of us who love EVERY SINGLE PET WE'VE TAMED

More slots hurts no one.

The fact that some people think that I should have to conform to what their ideal of a beastmaster hunter is is very self centered and restricting (this is targeting nobody. I've read very few replies and am too tired to read the rest lol). Some people are super attached to the taming aspect of the hunter,, and having fun with a multitude of pets. Some find taming, challenges and hunting immensely fun, and don't want to get rid of their hard to get pets, and others don't particularly care at all.

So let blizzard decide. As others have said as long as they keep adding new skins, families and challenges then they should add more slots.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

I just came across a old BRK movie. For ppl that don't know him,in wotlk beta BRK (bigredkitty) made a movie for every new tameable pet family.
If you go to 0:22 in this movie(its about devilsaurs) you can hear he is talking about the improved stable wich made it possible to get a total of 5 pets!! Haha 5....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wirrLsx-P54

I was completely forgotten that we only could have 1 active pet at the time :o
Last edited by Loridon on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Shelassa wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
If a person wants to collect all the rare pets like Spirit Beasts and challenge tames, why not?
Because there has to be limits. I love insects. In game, I especially love taming beetles, moths, silithids, wasps. In the past, I've had multiple silithids, wasps, half a dozen beetles, all at once. That was my choice, and I do not expect blizzard to give me space to tame every insect in game. When I decide I need space for a new tame, I take a hard look at my insect collection. People who tame rares should do the same. I don't think it's possible to convince me that someone has an intimate relationship with 50 rares. Take some nice screenshots of the unused pets, write a nice story, and release them back into the wild, so they can get some sunshine.
Unless Blizzard takes a sharp stance and deadpans that collecting pets for their looks is off-limits for hunters, it is not up to us to decide. People should only do what people like - it is a game, after all. If you enjoy an intimate companionship of a handful of pets - great! Happy for you! That's your niche. Does someone want to collect all Spirit Beasts and shuffle them around to match mogs? Great! Hope luck's on their side, and they manage to do it soon. It's not up to me or you to dictate how people "should" treat their time in the game.

Before the wardrobe system was introduced, the same argument of "people should have limits" could have been applied, for example, to transmogrification appearances altogether. It is up to one certain player whether to collect them or not. There is no "should" in this regard, only what players find fun, engaging and appealing.

P.S. I still have over 20 free stable slots and won't fill them out anytime soon and altogether in this discussion I am of a pretty neutral stance. Blizz adds stable slots? Great. Makes, say, 5 places purchasable for 25k gold? Neato! Doesn't add any? Not a big deal. However, I find it irksome when people tell others how they should play their game. Partially comes from being a non-raiding PvP-er who is on the weekly basis being told that I "should" raid. Have a nice day :hug:
Exactly thank you.

I don't want people's ideals affecting blizzards decisions and therefor how I play the game.

People suggesting that I should be more particular in my pet selection is very annoying. That's like suggesting weer only get 2 character slots for the 11 or so classes and if you want to enjoy something else you have to delete the old one, after you've put so much time into it.

Everyone enjoys it in their own way. Raiding, pvp, rare hunting, questing etc.

To tame or not to tame is no different.

Only blizzard has the answer. I'm just hoping for once they listen to the minority rather than the ideological majority.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Except, with characters, there is a limit. You can only have 12 characters per server. Want more characters, then you either delete one or go to another server.

The majority are against increasing the limit mainly due to the fact that we're supposed to be collectors, not hoarders of every pet in the game. If you want to collect a ton of pets, then that is your choice, but so are the consequences of having no room. But it doesn't mean you should keep getting more and more space.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Valnaaros wrote:Except, with characters, there is a limit. You can only have 12 characters per server. Want more characters, then you either delete one or go to another server.

The majority are against increasing the limit mainly due to the fact that we're supposed to be collectors, not hoarders of every pet in the game. If you want to collect a ton of pets, then that is your choice, but so are the consequences of having no room. But it doesn't mean you should keep getting more and more space.
Yeah, but as Wain said, this limit often keeps people from trying fun new tames. that's not a good thing when the devs work hard to put cool critters in.

I'm still hoping for a t-mog style tab (and not just because there's like, no freaking stable masters around).
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is a limit that will always exist. Even if another 50, or however many, are given, there will still be a limiy. There will still be people that which reach that limit quickly and want more. I have seen people whom have multiple Hunters - all with completely fully stables, and they want more slots. If more were given, it just wouldn't be enough for them. There has to be a solid limit somewhere.

I think a remote stable would work best. I don't think a tab where you just swap around pet skins would go over well.
Novikova

No one is saying stable slots should be totally infinite. Just that they should grow as more content and critters become available.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Again, we are collectors, not hoarders. We shouldn't just tame everything and anything that becomes available, and I don't think that is how Blixz wants it. If they were fine with us having more, why haven't they just given more slots? Every time a new patch comes out, a couple of people ask for more slots. They are aware that there are some that want them.

So, unless there are technical reasons why we haven't been given more, I figure it is either one or two things: they do not want us to have more slots, or there simply isn't enough demand for more. Before the big stable expansion a few years back, there was a much bigger demand due to how little room we had.

But now, that demand isn't really there. Hunters that actually fill the entire 55 slots are far and few. Exploring various Hunter forums on various sites, I have only found a few small thread on the official Hunter forum. These people and, say, those on Twitter, are only a handful of all Hunters out there.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Shade wrote:
Talihawk wrote:Still a fan of let those of us who want more be able to buy more stable slots, and just making them more and more expensive as you get higher.
^This sounds like the most logical and reasonable thing to do. Make the limit something like 100, and you have to pay every additional pet or every 5 pets or something.
I absolutely love this idea honestly. :) I think it's a great way, and possibly the best way, to implement more slots as an optional feature, and people who don't want/need more won't feel the need to buy the expansions.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I'm a collector. Not a hoarder. Just because I have a full stable does not make me a hoarder. I feel like the term hoarder is being used too loosely. LIke maybe there is no way you're a collector if you have a full stable! Collectors are more picky!!..... let me again say I do not tame every spirt beast just to have them, for example. I tame and collect the ones that are aesthetically pleasing and switch them out with various tmog. I really love love love hunting rare beasts, and taking on challenges. I've put a lot of time into that. Just because I refuse to release time sinks and my collection keeps growing does not make me, or any similar person, a hoarder.

I really really want a couple marsuul, panthera and a fel talbuk if that's even possible. And let's not forget the unicorn like chargers if those ever become an option. If I were to collect even one of each I'd have to abandon all my wolfhawks and spectral gryphon, which is the easiest to get feathermane now that they changed the timer on the feather.

As long as they keep adding more species and challenges etc they should add more slots. Even if it's a couple per patch or 10 per expansion, it would help.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not necessarily refering to you when I am talking about hoarders. I am talking about those that, as you said, collect pets just to collect them. I have seen such people here on this forum and sometimes elsewhere. As I have said several times before in this thread, my stable is nearly full. As in, I have about five slots left. But I know that if necessary, there are pets I could get rid of in order to have something I truly want.

Until we know for sure what Blizz's views and positions are in regards to this, there'll never be a resolution. I posted above possible reasons, but we'll never know for sure until they say something.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

At one point, I think it was during wrath. I went and tamed/released every rare I could find just because and took screenshots, purely out of boredom.

My current stable does not reflect that however lol I really do pick and choose. There are some I could get rid of but would loathe to do so. For example, I did get rid of my mechanical spiders but have not my mechanical scorp from SOO because it's a pain to get.

The majority of my other pets are rare or challenge tames. Haven't gotten fenrir yet...

I just hate hate the idea of having to toss something I spent 12 hours camping or two weeks like king krush, all for the sake of room. It's like discarding hours of my life.

I love WoW. I've spent 12 years on it. If I sold my account I'd get like 3 grand or more. But that's like throwing 12 years of my life away. You just can't. (And it's against TOS LOL)
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

So I'm a huge Pokémon nerd. My hunters name is Mew and whenever possible I name my petc after a similar pokémon.

It would be amusing if they added a quest to unlock more slots titled

"So you wanna be a master..."

Sends you on beast master missions to unlock more slots

Or gold sink to unlock 101 more (151 total not counting active 5)

151st pokémon is Mew

I know I'm bad lol *shot*
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Most rare pets that are akin to Loque and Krush are really only found in Wrath and Cata (with the occassional exception). If you were to take all of those pets, you would have approx. 15-20 pets. After Cata, pets have been far easier to get. Even the Mechanical Scorpid is easy, especially since they removed the need for two people to get past Galakras.

Also, there is a big problem with having something akin to a appearance tab for pets. Assuming it works just like the xmog tab, it would copy the base appearance of the pet. So, all glitched pets would be ruined. For example, Lone Hunter's sword is a buff, not a part of him. If he was copied into this appearance tab, he would lose the buff.
Novikova

I think the word hoarder is incredibly unfair and has negative connotations. :/ People like collecting pets. People might bond to a lot of colors of critters or whatever. There's nothing wrong with it.