Giant Spider Pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Steve
Realm: Stormrage-US

Giant Spider Pet?

Unread post by Steve »

Hello,
I saw a hunter at Stormwind AH using a giant red spider pet. Does anyone know/where to get one? I am assuming this is an exploit, but I wouldn't mind getting one before they hotfix it.

- It was the older "black widow" model.
-Was red skin (no cosmetic effect, bestial wrath, fel brew or any other 'auras' were applied to it.
-They were using it for Hati

I relogged twice and /reload but pet still remained large. Another player said something too so I imagine it wasn't just a visual bug on my side.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/lasEl

*I apologize for the terrible screenshot. You can't really tell from the image, but the pet is definitely bigger than it's supposed to be.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Giant Spider Pet?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No, it just a normal spider. But when you use the swapper to give Hati another appearance, she will also take the original size of the pet she is swapping to (in most cases). Excepts are pets that are very big pre-tame, such as Thok.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Kibler's Bits, item you can make with cooking.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=33874/kible ... d-by-spell
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Not an exploit, though definitely a little bit strange. That's Hati mogged into Terokkarantula from the Outland version of Terokkar Forest! He's significantly larger than other spiders in the wild, and while he doesn't retain it in pet form, he gets a little bit of it back when you mog him over to Hati.

Here's Succula, from Valley of the Four Winds (in both pet and Hati form):
As you can see, both pet and Hati are the same size.

But here's Terokkarantula (in both pet and Hati forms):
significant size difference!

I didn't check the two rares or the two mobs that are tied to the Vot4W daily quests (I forgot to look while I was in Valley and Terokkarantula is always up cos he's a quest mob, so no real need to go further tbh), but that's laziness for you :P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Steve
Realm: Stormrage-US

Unread post by Steve »

Thank you for clarifying Xella. The bottom screen looks more like what I saw. Guess it was Terrokantula!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Hati is still doing that giant bug? I remember it happened to me right after I got Thok and used the essence swapper on Hati to have two t-rex, only to have a life-sized Thok running around Dalaran. Lots of panic and confusion among the people (Yes I had fun just running circles in Dal with him and watching people freak out).

Fun bug, but it got annoying when you are actually trying to fight and cant see anything because of giant pet.