Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar »

Zorikune wrote:
Quiv wrote:OK I did some testing on 3 different characters: a level 15, 20, and 60. The results weren't very consistent among themselves or even with Zorikune's screenshot about. Every rare I saw was at least 1 level above me except for Lightning Paw, who was 1 level below on the two characters I saw him. Lightning Paw may not be the best example, he already had scaling so who knows if that affected his results.

The next test is I am going to kill a rare on one and wait for it to respawn to see if its the same level. May do this a couple times if for no other reason than to rule out a level range for rares to spawn in.

Alright, so I went and imported my 14 in, saw Ashtail at 16, turned in some quests, leveled up to 15, almost 16, and he was at 17 when I went to him. So after leveling up to 16 and being near him for a half an hour just farming exp from monsters and almost 17, he was still at 17. Now after you watch this video, you won't be too happy about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_hh0zxhXI
Personally, I think it adapts well on the spot.

But it's not really the result I want for cool rare spawn tames. :(
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I see why the system is in place. They want for there to be some challenge when you're lvling, and making mobs a lvl or two higher will certainly do that. Whilst I agree with the rares being the same lvl as the player, I'm unsure whether Blizz will change it. You see, the same argument for making rare pets the same lvl as the player could be made for any beast, and though I do not not know what Blizz would be willing to do, I personally would think they wouldn't be willing to go that far. But we'll see, and I hope they at least fix the lvls of rares :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Zorikune wrote:Alright, so I went and imported my 14 in, saw Ashtail at 16, turned in some quests, leveled up to 15, almost 16, and he was at 17 when I went to him. So after leveling up to 16 and being near him for a half an hour just farming exp from monsters and almost 17, he was still at 17. Now after you watch this video, you won't be too happy about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_hh0zxhXI
I did a very similar thing with Naraxis in Duskwood. He was 22 when I was 20. I grinded the last xp to 21 outside his cave with him as my focus, and when I dinged 21, he stayed 22. I zoned out and back in, even killed and waited on a respawn and he was still 22. I don't understand how its working because there isn't consistency from one character to the next.

And like Qraljar mentioned, I think the tech is cool the way it works, even if I don't fully understand it. This is just a terrible side effect. Either way, the idea that leveling hunters can practically never tame a rare at level is preposterous to me. I have a feeling this isn't completely intention, especially since we are so early in the process.

I wish I had more toons at different level brackets, or they would create a way to do premades in different level brackets. That would be a good idea to test this system anyway, surely they dont expect people to level from scratch. Its hard enough to get people on the PTR and actually testing anyway.

Edit: And I am reading how old raids are being affected tremendously by this tech. I can't imagine that will stay in place (Marrowgar having 50 million HP can't be intentional) so that gives me a little hope they have a lot of touch-up work to do.
Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (H)

Unread post by Zorikune »

True, should be easy enough since they have Lightning Paw, Lost Spectral Gryphon, and Gon as examples of it scaling to your exact level. Also, I want Oondasta to be tameable. Would be nice to have a Zandalari armored devilsaur as a pet.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think EVERYONE has been chomping at the bit for armored dinos. Maybe we'll FINALLY GET THEM with Zandalar.

Hell, maybe that tome of dinomancy will actually mean 'more than one model' finally...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

There’s a new customization video up from the PTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

And with it, they have the starting pets for the hunters!

Lightforged Draenei: Orange talbuk w/ sideswept horns
Void Elf: VOID-COLORED WARPSTALKER!!!
Nightborne: Mana-saber, light blue
Highmountain: Eagle

Does this seem to promise that the voidstalker will be tamable eventually? We can hope!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Thats pretty cool. Mana saber is an obvious choice for Nightborne, but its interesting we have a race that starts with a Spirit Beast.

Looking at these, I hope they end up releasing these 4 races sooner rather than later. I feel it would tremendously help with the inevitable drought between expansion, especially coupled with the leveling revamp. It just makes too much sense. Surely the narrative could be tweaked a bit to include them before all the all-out war.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We knew already about what the starter pets were for Lightforged and Highmountain, but not VEs and Nightborne. Very neat that VEs will be getting that :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote:Thats pretty cool. Mana saber is an obvious choice for Nightborne, but its interesting we have a race that starts with a Spirit Beast.

Looking at these, I hope they end up releasing these 4 races sooner rather than later. I feel it would tremendously help with the inevitable drought between expansion, especially coupled with the leveling revamp. It just makes too much sense. Surely the narrative could be tweaked a bit to include them before all the all-out war.
These will probably be released early for those that pre-order the xpac. Will be like how if you pre-ordered Legion, you got early access to DHs.

@Quiv. In regards to things like Marrowgar having 50 mill. HP, that is probably due to the stat and ilvl squish still being worked on. I'm sure Blizz hasn't finalized it even remotely so.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to wowhead and Red Shirt, the Horde are actually getting Thunder Totem and the Nighthold. http://www.wowhead.com/news=277565/the- ... -7-3-5-ptr
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Lee wrote:There’s a new customization video up from the PTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

And with it, they have the starting pets for the hunters!

Lightforged Draenei: Orange talbuk w/ sideswept horns
Void Elf: VOID-COLORED WARPSTALKER!!!
Nightborne: Mana-saber, light blue
Highmountain: Eagle

Does this seem to promise that the voidstalker will be tamable eventually? We can hope!
Quiv wrote:Thats pretty cool. Mana saber is an obvious choice for Nightborne, but its interesting we have a race that starts with a Spirit Beast.

Dangit! My main hunter is namde Shade-and watching that video, I am most certainly going to have to race change her to a void elf-that is so blasted perfect for her.

LOVE that the alli are getting the blood elf model and the horde are getting the night elf model, just under different colorations. I started WoW way back when with Shade as a blood elf, faction changed after about a year because my best friend wanted to play alli instead of horde. Shade spent some time as a worgen before going back to dranei, but I would to get her back as a BE eventually-with this I can get the BE look but stay on my preferred faction. :) *thrilled*

Only sad thing is I won't get that pretty warp stalker on her. :( maybe they will be tamable somewhere?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Still no one with an Argus kill willing to check out Silithus to see if the new silithids are tameable or have a diet? :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (H)

Unread post by Zorikune »

Yeah aside from the pets, really love the level scaling and cannot wait till the patch hits live. This will encourage me to level up all my hunters and finally complete my 50 hunters goal. Alot better that I can level in any areas I want to go to and just have fun with it. I also tested some of the older raids and though it takes a bit longer, it still feels easy. Though I can say won't be doing any WoD raids for a while.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Figured I'd toss this one in for you.

Edit, apparently Loque goes up to 82 from a 110 perspective. Same for Krush since he was up as well.
Attachments
Loquescale.JPG
Loquescale.JPG (25.62 KiB) Viewed 3337 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks. It seems I'm going to have to recode the site to handle scaling for every pet, with new max and min levels. Hopefully most of them end up being identical to their zone level ranges and I can do a bulk changeover. Ones that were max+1 or max+2 (and so could only ever be tamed in the following expansion) may need more checking.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Again excuse the crude collection of screenshot snipits. I am trying to figure out some sort of rhyme or reason with the scaling. Most world rares show to me as +1 level, but theres those handful that are +2. Gumi and Degu show -1 level (and I assume the Pandaria stealths would too since they aren't silver border) but Pandaria silver border rares show +1. Spectral Gryphon and Gon shows -1 to low level and equal level to a 110 (same as Lightning Paw) so that group of newer scaling rares seem very different.

Edit: Concerning the Sholazar rares, I am guessing Loque shows as 68 to a 60 is due to the zone starting at 66 and Loque getting +2. When I went there as my 110, Loque and Aotona was 82. Putridus the Ancient in Icecrown did as well. I then checked 11 rares in multiple Northrend zones and all were 82 except Old Crystalbark who was 80. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit 2: I was able to locate over 2/3 of the Outland rares on my 110, they all showed 82.

I did get a kick out of this. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Due to how it just seems so all over the place, I doubt this scaling is anywhere close to completion. It'll probably be a few builds till things start being ironed out and follow the same general rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

That's an impressive amount of rare tracking you're doing there, Quiv - if I ever need someone to give me some luck for finding a rare, I know who to ask :lol:

Seriously, though, the fact that you can't tame certain rares up until you hit the max level for that set area does seem rather annoying, but no doubt they didn't intend to make taming rares at their current level impossible, it's just an effect of the whole scaling thing. They're trying to make the game more engaging at lower levels, and having rares that you can one-shot in heirloom gear isn't the most exciting concept, and catering it so that hunters can get that rare pet earlier rather than a little later might not be on their list right now. Plus, the system is still new, so there's probably a few kinks they need to work out.
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

hey guys, since no one had been able to check this yet i copied my hunter over onto the ptr. i am pleased to share that there are new models of silithids in silithus and they are tameable. Not all of them are tameable though, the rares are marked as elemental and ill be sure to post more photos as i go through but im sure thats a bug.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120417_192912.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120417_192912.jpg (357.83 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
WoWScrnShot_120417_192645.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120417_192645.jpg (405.74 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
WoWScrnShot_120417_193345.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120417_193345.jpg (315.13 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
WoWScrnShot_120417_193724.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120417_193724.jpg (383.59 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
Last edited by Celibie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

That's awesome Celibie! :) Thanks for sharing, and likewise I think the classification is probably just an error for now. That sure looks like a tameable rare to me. :D