(deleted)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: The Strange Case of the Ghostly Silithid

Unread post by Xota »

They are visible with DH's spectral sight. I could not see it when I invised on my mage, and it stayed hidden for several seconds after I dropped combat. IIRC, if your mage is invisible, it can see other invisible things. Flare didn't work, so it's not stealthed either (I even had 2 different elixirs to boost stealth detection + hidden tracking). So unless there's an item that grants spectral sight to non-DH, I'm out of ideas. Or if you can somehow make tame beast practically instant, and you can cast it in the second (or less?) that it's fading.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Five times now with perfect timing on the tame. It literally teleports on the exact frame the tame happens (the tamed pet teleports!). Attempting to time this on the frame of stealth application results in a broken tame.

No stealth buff after tame. I am legitimately frame perfect (it is a LOT more frustrating than it seems). Spent an hour in AQ20. Tried an invisibility detection pot. Tried Skaggldrynk (after feigning directly after burrow). Flare. Nothing reveals. Immune to frost trap placed on teleport location. I've reached at every straw.

99.9% certain obtaining this with said cosmetic is impossible. Taunting it while stealthed does not reveal it (tried on DH). Nothing else you can do.

Prove me wrong. Would like to see it.

Edit: Managed to be even more frame-perfect and have the tame end AS it teleports literally a minute after posting. Now I'm 200% certain it's impossible (unless there's an item I didn't think of). Teleport, then tame, no stealth. Nada. Nope.

Decided to compare the NPC's stealth to our pet's stealth (actually detectable) for S&Gs

tl;dr: dummy is likely just unattackable, which is why tame will break if ends at the same frame as stealth application. Just a guess here, didn't look into what other spells have this flag because lazy af.
But the kicker is to compare the stealth values.
GOOD LORD. No wonder we can't use jack to see it.
Also, DH stealth detect OP AF based off that.
GODMODE DETECTION.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Slapperfish wrote: Maybe its stealth can be broken prematurely through the aid of a low-level character with a minimally damaging DoT? And what about the transparent corpses? Does using a DH's Spectral Sight cause any sort of buff to appear on the corpse?
No, when it breaks stealth, it loses that cosmetic. And no on DHs SS doing anything to corpses.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.