Pets removed

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Pets removed

Unread post by Lamiara »

so, with the prepatch, several original pet looks were removed and "replaced" by something entirely different.
This even applied to Pet Battle pets...

white windserpent- gone.
dark blue windserpent- gone.

Good-bye, Arash-ethis. You were a great companion for 12 years. I will never forget you, and never understand why it seems to be so important to Blizzard today to remove beautiful things, and replace them with ugly ones instead.

If anyone finds out if there will be a new creature with the looks of the original put in at some point, please do tell.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Pets removed

Unread post by Wain »

Lamiara wrote:so, with the prepatch, several original pet looks were removed and "replaced" by something entirely different.
This even applied to Pet Battle pets...

white windserpent- gone.
dark blue windserpent- gone.

Good-bye, Arash-ethis. You were a great companion for 12 years. I will never forget you, and never understand why it seems to be so important to Blizzard today to remove beautiful things, and replace them with ugly ones instead.

If anyone finds out if there will be a new creature with the looks of the original put in at some point, please do tell.
I don't have any details at this point but I understand that they're looking at adding back some of the old looks (perhaps on rares, like last time, but I'm unsure), for players who prefer them. Hopefully those two will be included as they're two that vary greatly from the originals.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

At most I could see the ones that differ greatly from the new model receiving a rare somewhere. I can't see them implementing dozens and dozens of rares for every single retired skin. It is definately possible, but it is not something that I realistically see happening.
Lamiara

Unread post by Lamiara »

Wain wrote: I don't have any details at this point but I understand that they're looking at adding back some of the old looks (perhaps on rares, like last time, but I'm unsure), for players who prefer them. Hopefully those two will be included as they're two that vary greatly from the originals.
that would be nice, I hope you are right.
It would have been even better if they had added the new models and left the originals alone, especially on those pets which are rares to begin with, like Arash or Hayoc.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just hope they add an albino version of the new wind serpent skin. I want the new skin AND the color, not the old skin OR the new model.
Khoovi
Realm: Moon Guard - US

Unread post by Khoovi »

Ditto on the white wind serpent, it was always my favourite pet .. the bright shimmer of lilac in the wings and the way it subtly changed hue from zone to zone .. it has gone from the brightest of the serpents to the least decorative, I somehow can't get into the browny goldish hue even with the added white on the wings and crest it seems to have gained.

As far as I can be about pixels .. I am pretty disappointed and sort of in mourning about that one, not sure why they went so far off theme.

I have always had a soft spot for these flying serpents since seeing one in Ironforge bank in 2005 when I started , and immediately running off to find one ! Arash'ethis and Hayoc were always familiar ports of call on levelling a hunter.

I do like the new model, and the one Azzere has become is particularly elegant, but I would have liked a choice somehow .. I see they left the Outland spiky ones as is.

I am actually using one of the dark blue serpents which became black with blue stripes, it is all subjective I suppose, perhaps my favourite is the gold replacement which is quite colourful. I hope there are more options, perhaps some wilder colour mixes, and yes an accurate representation of the white with a lilac hue :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Gruff's unique skin has gone as well, though since there's a spiked skin that matches it (and just hasn't been applied), I'm assuming/hoping that it was just missed. There's definitely the chance that it'll be changed over to the appropriate color(s)!

There are a lot of 'new colors' that haven't been used in the old world that could easily be applied to things there. And it's obvious that some skins were placed accidentally (I.E. Karkin).
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Or maybe use the new model but put in that color scheme. I'd like that even more. The white with the light lilac tone.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That has already been attempted. Various threads have been made on the official Beta forums and, sadly, nothing came of it.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sad days, but I can still hope!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

I looked in my stables and saw that the skin that was unique to Karkin is no more :( when I looked it up here on Petopia, it showed that particular skin is now retired. I am so sad, I loved that darn crab :(
First Hati, now Karkin.
That is the only one that I have really noticed so far. If I notice any others, I will make sure to notate it here if it is not already mentioned.

On the plus side, I was able to tame all the colors of the Dreamrunners so that was a nice surprise.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

onenation777 wrote:I looked in my stables and saw that the skin that was unique to Karkin is no more :( when I looked it up here on Petopia, it showed that particular skin is now retired. I am so sad, I loved that darn crab :(
First Hati, now Karkin.
That is the only one that I have really noticed so far. If I notice any others, I will make sure to notate it here if it is not already mentioned.

On the plus side, I was able to tame all the colors of the Dreamrunners so that was a nice surprise.

The Karkin issue is a known error that will, at some point, be corrected. He'll be back to his old self soon enough :)
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

I really hope so! I was just about to release him back into the wild, its a good thing I stopped and looked at your reply first! Thanks for the info!!! You rock!

Teigan wrote:
onenation777 wrote:I looked in my stables and saw that the skin that was unique to Karkin is no more :( when I looked it up here on Petopia, it showed that particular skin is now retired. I am so sad, I loved that darn crab :(
First Hati, now Karkin.

The Karkin issue is a known error that will, at some point, be corrected. He'll be back to his old self soon enough :)
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

I'm really lamenting the entire removal of the old wind serpent skins.

When I first started wow back in Vanilla and made a Tauren character and ventured into the Barens, I was in awe of these lovely beasts. They looked so snake-like. The new model is (imho) ugly, with it's stump wings and ungainly head.

I certainly hope Blizzard add back the skin in some form, on a rare, for example. The same way they did when they introduced the new bear model.....

RIP Arash-Ethesis.
Lamiara

Unread post by Lamiara »

Dysphoria wrote:I'm really lamenting the entire removal of the old wind serpent skins.

When I first started wow back in Vanilla and made a Tauren character and ventured into the Barens, I was in awe of these lovely beasts. They looked so snake-like. The new model is (imho) ugly, with it's stump wings and ungainly head.
ditto.
I have all variants of windserpents (over several characters), and even in the cases where the colouring is acceptable (like Azzere, or the green one), I can't bring myself to use them anymore because they look so ungainly.

The original model was of an unmatched grace and elegance.
The new ones look as if they gender-swapped and worked out a lot or something.
Just not a fan of anything with bulging "muscles" or what that's supposed to be.

Why they couldn't introduce those new models in the new zones instead of destroying the classic models is beyond me.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Lamiara wrote:
Dysphoria wrote:I'm really lamenting the entire removal of the old wind serpent skins.

ditto.
I have all variants of windserpents (over several characters), and even in the cases where the colouring is acceptable (like Azzere, or the green one), I can't bring myself to use them anymore because they look so ungainly.

The original model was of an unmatched grace and elegance.
The new ones look as if they gender-swapped and worked out a lot or something.
Just not a fan of anything with bulging "muscles" or what that's supposed to be.

Why they couldn't introduce those new models in the new zones instead of destroying the classic models is beyond me.
I....really like the new model? The musculature looks more appropriate for a flying animal. Just think about how well muscled birds are, under the feathers. The originals did have thick wings, but with no definition. The wing "arms" looked more like extra torsos or something. And I actually think the new ones look more graceful and less stiff than the originals.

The only thing I dislike, and I dislike it alot, is that they all have rattles. Not a fan of the rattles. There are only a few species of snake that have that IRL, so ALL the windserpents having it is just dumb and annoying.