Sabertron

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Sabertron

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It wasn't a question over whether it could be tamed or not (the red one has always been tamable and the others are listed as tamable in the DB), but whether or not it was working as intended. It looks like Blizz changed their minds and made it so that a new Sabertron color is tamable every time a WQ spawns for it. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think it's a matter of using 'tameable' to mean 'flagged as tameable' vs 'tameable in practice'. They were never normally tameable in practice, and until you actually test it out you can't be certain it won't give some error or other. There's been a bunch of things that give 'already controlled' errors, for example.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Ahaha, ;-; Everyone's excited over all the colors, but the mech-kitty I want the most is the black. It sits there, taunting me. Grats on your tames guys! Can't be easy with ridiculous amount of people after it for quest completion.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If I was going to get one I'd go for blue, but to our knowledge that hasn't been used yet :(
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Is there any indication of why the rare of the oxidized panther of Boralus is not tame?
Is it an arbitrary decision simply?

PD: sorry as always for my English as an automatic translator.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I think it just got caught up in the mass of things that were meant to be tameable, but aren't. I hope he and his mech-doggo friends end up tameable at some point. I quite like the dog color too.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote:Is there any indication of why the rare of the oxidized panther of Boralus is not tame?
Is it an arbitrary decision simply?
No reason that we know. Hopefully it will be changed!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I think both World Questers and hunters have a right to get mad at Blizzard for making the dumb decision to mix a special tame with a world quest target.

Thank god I am not a fan of mech pets.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Welp, I got my 'green' kitty today. Every time the Sabertron was activated, it was the same color (green) so it looks as if, as was mentioned, the color only changes during the world quest.

Fortunately, after being killed a multitude of times by Horde, I found someone sympathetic and managed to get it. Fortunately for me, someone stunned it and I managed to get the tame off while it was stunned. I'd feel bad, but with knowing it will respawn in 10 seconds or so, I can't feel *too* terrible.

2 down for the full Voltron!

Maybe the black only becomes tameable once you have the other five. ;)

I *am* disappointed that they made a copper-red color instead of a blue lion, though. :( Blue was one of the two I empathized with the most (green was the nerdy short dude, and blue was the female protagonist that was needed more in cartoons).
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:Welp, I got my 'green' kitty today. Every time the Sabertron was activated, it was the same color (green) so it looks as if, as was mentioned, the color only changes during the world quest.

Fortunately, after being killed a multitude of times by Horde, I found someone sympathetic and managed to get it. Fortunately for me, someone stunned it and I managed to get the tame off while it was stunned. I'd feel bad, but with knowing it will respawn in 10 seconds or so, I can't feel *too* terrible.

2 down for the full Voltron!

Maybe the black only becomes tameable once you have the other five. ;)

I *am* disappointed that they made a copper-red color instead of a blue lion, though. :( Blue was one of the two I empathized with the most (green was the nerdy short dude, and blue was the female protagonist that was needed more in cartoons).
Yeah, I'm a little surprised they didn't use the Voltron colours for all of them.

Voltron (the original) was a little after my time. I was already in high school when it came out so I never saw it. I've seen the new one on Netflix and... well... I guess you need nostalgia to really appreciate it :/ Though I've heard that at least one of the characters is gay, so I'm kinda tempted to watch more ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I haven't seen the new one. I'm always hesitant to watch reboots of my favorite shows. Because I'm a consummate fatbeard. ;) I've seen a few good ones, though, so I'll probably give it the chance.

I just hope it's not Pidge they make gay. It's not that I have a problem with a 'gay nerd' character (I mean, HELLO?!), but I'd rather them not stack all the 'social issues' on one single character, if that makes sense. It ends up becoming too much 'the character doesn't need personality; I mean, look at all the *STUFF* he has going on!' when it gets to that point. ;)

</crotchety>
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've done web searches on this stuff, but I won't spoil anything here, but I'll PM you. Suffice to say you needn't be too concerned :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I wanted to go for at least one of them, and green fits my char most.

The circumstances are ridiculous, though. In the time it takes for the engineer to respawn once, the batch that just killed Sabertron will have left but a whole new batch will have entered the cave. Simply put: on my server it is impossible to get it fair and square, since there's always someone around (at this time) who will want to kill it.

Plus a bunch of hunters that all want to tame it.

Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Qraljar wrote:I wanted to go for at least one of them, and green fits my char most.

The circumstances are ridiculous, though. In the time it takes for the engineer to respawn once, the batch that just killed Sabertron will have left but a whole new batch will have entered the cave. Simply put: on my server it is impossible to get it fair and square, since there's always someone around (at this time) who will want to kill it.

Plus a bunch of hunters that all want to tame it.
I found the same issue during peak time just after the quest had been made available. Not only was it packed with people - breaking any opportunity of taming (with the exception of potentially spamming tame and irritating others if it works) - but it was not working very reliably. Most likely due to the number of players and the speed in which the technician was killed. This caused the mech either not to spawn, or to spawn the incorrect one (based on whom killed the technician and whether they had already completed the WQ).

I managed to come on early the following morning - outside of peak times - and not only complete the WQ (which I quickly realised meant I could no longer spawn the green Sabertron) but also found a friendly faction player to summon and allow me to tame. Of course, a friend/guild-mate also works for that if they haven't also completed the WQ :)
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Sabertron Green Up

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

on exodar
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me. Not sure if that's an exploit or something that was used, but I know for an absolute FACT that I had aggro over the hunter that tamed it. I gave that hunter an ear full on doing rude stuff like that. Please, don't be one of those impatient people that steal it from people who just want to get it done. Be patient and get it after making sure it's okay with others. Or, cross-realm to a low-pop server. Just don't inconvenience others and make yourself look bad in the process.

On another note, being in a raid group prevents the red one from spawning. If you want to keep spawning green for others, just be in a raid group and don't complete the WQ until the last minutes.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

WerebearGuy wrote:Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me.
That may have been me. ;) And if it was.... I can only be so sorry. I don't think it was, though, since I wasn't whispered; I actually had a kind Horde waiting for me. It was a dick Rogue who jumped in and took it while I was in the middle of taming.

But yes. I can confirm the above.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

WerebearGuy wrote:Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me. Not sure if that's an exploit or something that was used, but I know for an absolute FACT that I had aggro over the hunter that tamed it. I gave that hunter an ear full on doing rude stuff like that. Please, don't be one of those impatient people that steal it from people who just want to get it done. Be patient and get it after making sure it's okay with others. Or, cross-realm to a low-pop server. Just don't inconvenience others and make yourself look bad in the process.

On another note, being in a raid group prevents the red one from spawning. If you want to keep spawning green for others, just be in a raid group and don't complete the WQ until the last minutes.
To be completely fair, I had it killed several times after I waited and let people do the quest. I started the tame and then people started wailing on it. Technically, I got there first.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Re: Sabertron Green Up

Unread post by ligewolf »

its green for everyone, EU and US. We will all get the same color each time the quest is up, just depends on which color spawns.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote:Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me. Not sure if that's an exploit or something that was used, but I know for an absolute FACT that I had aggro over the hunter that tamed it. I gave that hunter an ear full on doing rude stuff like that. Please, don't be one of those impatient people that steal it from people who just want to get it done. Be patient and get it after making sure it's okay with others. Or, cross-realm to a low-pop server. Just don't inconvenience others and make yourself look bad in the process.

On my server, this was just not feasible. There was always someone waiting to do it, someone trying to kill it. Especially in between failed kills where it spawned the red Sabertron or no Sabertron at all.
The respawn timer simply is not quick enough to allow for this, at least not on my server. One batch of people comes in, kills it or fiddles with it a few times because it doesn't spawn properly the first time, and by the time it respawns, the next batch has come through to kill it.

Then there's the fact that there's multiple hunters desperately trying to convince people to actually let them tame it, usually with little to no response (or even a spiteful response at times. A paladin quickly caught on what hunters were trying to do, so he was there to constantly spite-kill it and type /laugh at hunters), so it becomes a double waiting queue.

I know I spent at least 45 minutes to an hour, some of it asking, to no avail, people if they could let me tame it, and other parts of it just watching and seeing if there was any gap at all in which any hunter was able to tame it without disturbing people. Not where I was.

This is why I think world questers, achievement hunters and .. well - pet hunters should all be quite unhappy with Blizzard for how this is designed.