Sabertron

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Sabertron

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I managed to get it on my gnome hunter, who is the one I wanted it for. Another hunter helped with misdirection and I just sort of tamed it out from under people trying to kill it. They were not happy, but, it respawns so quickly that I don't feel terribly guilty.

Really don't like how Blizz set this one up. Either they intended trouble or whoever designed it isn't familiar with how humans work.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Qraljar wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me. Not sure if that's an exploit or something that was used, but I know for an absolute FACT that I had aggro over the hunter that tamed it. I gave that hunter an ear full on doing rude stuff like that. Please, don't be one of those impatient people that steal it from people who just want to get it done. Be patient and get it after making sure it's okay with others. Or, cross-realm to a low-pop server. Just don't inconvenience others and make yourself look bad in the process.

On another note, being in a raid group prevents the red one from spawning. If you want to keep spawning green for others, just be in a raid group and don't complete the WQ until the last minutes.
On my server, this was just not feasible. There was always someone waiting to do it, someone trying to kill it. Especially in between failed kills where it spawned the red Sabertron or no Sabertron at all.
The respawn timer simply is not quick enough to allow for this, at least not on my server. One batch of people comes in, kills it or fiddles with it a few times because it doesn't spawn properly the first time, and by the time it respawns, the next batch has come through to kill it.

Then there's the fact that there's multiple hunters desperately trying to convince people to actually let them tame it, usually with little to no response (or even a spiteful response at times. A paladin quickly caught on what hunters were trying to do, so he was there to constantly spite-kill it and type /laugh at hunters), so it becomes a double waiting queue.

I know I spent at least 45 minutes to an hour, some of it asking, to no avail, people if they could let me tame it, and other parts of it just watching and seeing if there was any gap at all in which any hunter was able to tame it without disturbing people. Not where I was.

This is why I think world questers, achievement hunters and .. well - pet hunters should all be quite unhappy with Blizzard for how this is designed.
Oh I'm quite unhappy with how it was done.

But literally just spam tame beast.

It might take a few spawns, but eventually it will go through. It doesn't even need to be stunned. It helps, but it's not necessary.

I tamed it with like 15 people beating on it.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Myzou wrote:

It might take a few spawns, but eventually it will go through. It doesn't even need to be stunned. It helps, but it's not necessary.

It's not that easy: you have to be lucky enough to get someone to stun it long enough for you to capture it in a case like that. If 10 people are beating on it, good luck with getting enough aggro with Tame Beast to hold the tame!

If someone taunts it for even a second, you lose all aggro and the Tame Beast breaks.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm actually pretty sure the 'stun' mechanic is a new one. I swear I remember trying to tame the silver serpent a few times with it stunned and it didn't even start.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Myzou wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:Not sure if it's well known, but you can tame it while it's stunned. I stunned it on my warrior with shockwave, had full aggro due to taunt, and it got tamed right from under me. Not sure if that's an exploit or something that was used, but I know for an absolute FACT that I had aggro over the hunter that tamed it. I gave that hunter an ear full on doing rude stuff like that. Please, don't be one of those impatient people that steal it from people who just want to get it done. Be patient and get it after making sure it's okay with others. Or, cross-realm to a low-pop server. Just don't inconvenience others and make yourself look bad in the process.

On another note, being in a raid group prevents the red one from spawning. If you want to keep spawning green for others, just be in a raid group and don't complete the WQ until the last minutes.
On my server, this was just not feasible. There was always someone waiting to do it, someone trying to kill it. Especially in between failed kills where it spawned the red Sabertron or no Sabertron at all.
The respawn timer simply is not quick enough to allow for this, at least not on my server. One batch of people comes in, kills it or fiddles with it a few times because it doesn't spawn properly the first time, and by the time it respawns, the next batch has come through to kill it.

Then there's the fact that there's multiple hunters desperately trying to convince people to actually let them tame it, usually with little to no response (or even a spiteful response at times. A paladin quickly caught on what hunters were trying to do, so he was there to constantly spite-kill it and type /laugh at hunters), so it becomes a double waiting queue.

I know I spent at least 45 minutes to an hour, some of it asking, to no avail, people if they could let me tame it, and other parts of it just watching and seeing if there was any gap at all in which any hunter was able to tame it without disturbing people. Not where I was.

This is why I think world questers, achievement hunters and .. well - pet hunters should all be quite unhappy with Blizzard for how this is designed.
Oh I'm quite unhappy with how it was done.

Oh yeah, I know, but I mean for at least my server, asking nicely and waiting for everyone to do their WQ is not a feasible thing. You have to try and steal it out from under people to have any shot at it.

Which is something I don't like, but it was necessary.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Oh yeah, I know, but I mean for at least my server, asking nicely and waiting for everyone to do their WQ is not a feasible thing. You have to try and steal it out from under people to have any shot at it.

Which is something I don't like, but it was necessary.
Sadly, yeah, there really was no other feasible way for most people :( The spot always had crowds while the WQ was up.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

It was a mess on my server, did a lot of hopping, but finally got it when a rogue stunned it, and the horde that were trying to kill it weren't using any big nukes.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

First and as always, apologize for my English as an automatic translator.

Although I did it yesterday, I did not have time to do this primitive collage.

It took me more than 3 hours to get my last mech-cat and that I am in a kingdom that is considered depopulated even by the Spanish standards xd.
I do not want to know how bad the people on the full servers have to go through.

If anyone asks why one of my cats does not have the name in tune with the others is because for some reason the word "Yellow" is a bad word and forbidden to put your pets ... so it is called "Maquina" it's machine.

I have not found changes or new interactions so I assume that even if I have the 5 cats there is nothing special.

The P4-N73R4 cat remains indomitable even though you take your 5 friends and it's a pity, it's the coolest of all.

Greetings from Red, Green, "Maquina", Copper, Golden/Orange (I have not yet decided, I have some problems with the color distinction...) and Tsukina the crazy one of the cats (mech xd).
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I somehow missed the Copper one when it was up, so I have to wait for it to cycle back through. :/
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

I only have the red and yellow ones of this pet so far...

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.