Carrion Bird Brown/white hawk

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Halyon
Realm: Emerald Dream

Carrion Bird Brown/white hawk

Unread post by Halyon »

Greetings from a new user first of all, been a lurker for years.

Anyway, I'd like to ask if it's still possible to obtain a carrion bird brown/white hawk at the moment? If so, where and which species? If it gets fixed later on and affects existing pets, I'll take it as it comes, but I would love to have one as a CB until then. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Carrion Bird Brown/white hawk

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is still possible and you can find them off the coast east of Fallhaven in Drustvar, flying above Southport Watch in Tiragarde, or flying around various areas of Tiragarde :)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think I'm confused about which ones they are, because I tried both a saltfeather eagle and a coastal osprey and both tamed as birds of prey. Is it the hungry seahawk, then? Or did they already get fixed?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I was just going by the one listed in the Carrion Birds section on Petopia, which has those three listed. The Hungry Seahawk is probably the one that is a Carrion.
Halyon

Unread post by Halyon »

I'm leaning towards a fix by now, I've done 50+ tames on coastal ospreys and the other 2 species, no dice so far. :(

I did get a blue trained parrot as CB wednesday, so... I'll keep trying for a while longer and concentrate mainly on hungry seahawks and the other one in the same area.

Edit: No dice at all. They all tame as BoP, not a single CB in there. That is just my experience though, might be a very rare bug to get it as CB or something. Or it's been fixed while the trained parrots were intended as CB...
Halyon

Unread post by Halyon »

Is bumping allowed? Didn't see anything about it in the rules, unless I missed it.

Either way, some sort of confirmation of it being untamable as CB or if it's really rare would be nice, then the page on the CB hawk can be corrected as well.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are no tameable ospreys/hawks as a CB, sorry.

If you look at the page:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... sprey-hawk

The only bird listed under "Carrion Birds" is untameable. Unfortunately the family page for Carrion Birds is showing it as a possible look (because the look is tameable, just not as a Carrion Bird). I'm going to have to work out a way of not doing that, but it's complicated :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually... the only reason I added that untameable one as a carrion bird was because it was listed as one in the Beasts in Battle for Azeroth list. I have a feeling it may be an accidental misplacement because, as far as I know, there's no way to tell the difference between a CB and a BoP before taming it (as their diets are identical). I'll just move it and delete that one from the CB looks.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Halyon

Unread post by Halyon »

Cheers :)