Pets and Taloc

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Pets and Taloc

Unread post by Boven »

Last night, the guild poked around in Uldir a bit. The 'real' raid doesn't start til next week, but we did a few bosses last night, just to see the place.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or if anyone else had any issues with their pet during the first part of the Taloc fight. Four different times during phase 1, I realized nothing was happening when I hit Kill Command and that pet wasn't doing any damage. I tried switching her to passive, since there do seem to be some terrain issues in there, but she never returned to me. I had to dismiss and resummon in order to have a functional pet.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see where my pet was because of the boss and melee folks. I don't know if she got stuck on some funky terrain issue or somehow got knocked off the elevator platform and got stuck somewhere. It was a pretty frustrating experience. The other hunter in the raid wasn't there last night and no other hunters that I know had been in Uldir yet, so I don't know if it was just something weird about me and my pet, or if it's something other hunters may have experienced.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Pets and Taloc

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I didn't have any problems, nor were there any complaints from the other three Hunters in my group.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

I had trouble with my pet on the trash preceding taloc. He got stuck in the doorway. Once I got inside though he proofed over to me and started to function properly
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Both me and the BM hunter in my group had trouble with pets on both Taloc and MOTHER. On Taloc, I had the same problems you did. On MOTHER, I had to put my pet on passive because of the walls, and that worked.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Teigan wrote:Both me and the BM hunter in my group had trouble with pets on both Taloc and MOTHER. On Taloc, I had the same problems you did. On MOTHER, I had to put my pet on passive because of the walls, and that worked.
Oh, yeah, I ran into that on MOTHER, too. The pet didn't want to change rooms without being put on passive.

Again, I don't know if it's just me, but I also noticed that when just running down a hall or whatever, my pet would often look as if it was chain-blinking along behind me instead of running alongside.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I didn't have any Taloc issues last night. I just left my pet on Mother when I changed rooms, took too long to get them onto the adds and the adds died so fast it was just better to leave him there. :D :mrgreen:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Boven wrote:
Again, I don't know if it's just me, but I also noticed that when just running down a hall or whatever, my pet would often look as if it was chain-blinking along behind me instead of running alongside.
I noticed that too. And I swear it was disappearing into the wall or floor sometimes, as there were too many heartstopping "where the heck is my pet and what is it doing" moments.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I don't know what they did to pets this expac but it's bad...

At least before, when pets would get stuck, toggling passive would teleport them to you. Now dismissing is all that works. If they're going to fuck up pets this badly then at least make dismiss instant... makes me really, really hate bm.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:I don't know what they did to pets this expac but it's bad...

At least before, when pets would get stuck, toggling passive would teleport them to you. Now dismissing is all that works. If they're going to fuck up pets this badly then at least make dismiss instant... makes me really, really hate bm.
I have noticed this out in the world. I was doing the quest in Zandalar where you go to one of the boats and have to go up stairs to the top part of the boat to kill an npc. My pet got stuck near the stairs. He wasn't clipping into the boat or anything, its like he was too scared to walk up the stairs with me. All I could do was dismiss. Couldn't recreated it either. Its happened a couple times and its seems inexplicable to me.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

We poked at Heroic Taloc last night and I noticed the same problem. I swapped to my hermit crab pet after the first attempt, since he's a bit easier to see from across the room. In addition to just getting through the door itself, there seems to be an area just inside the door that he got hung up on. Moving to the side before the pull (from the 6 oclock postion to about 8 oclock when viewing the room from the doorway) let him avoid trying to run through that spot. There also seems to be at least one area at about the 1-2 oclock position that he'd get stuck in as well.

So far, I've only run into the pet getting stuck when on the elevator platform. After it finishes descending, I've not encountered any problems.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

The only issue the hunters in my guild had were the pets just sitting in the doorway when we were clearing the trash before Taloc instead of coming into the room to join the fight, I re-summoned mine inside the room to get him to join the attack. Once the trash were dead and we fully moved into the room our pets came with us.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.