My baby direhorn is now tiny

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

My baby direhorn is now tiny

Unread post by Qinni »

WHAT HAPPENED TO IT? XD I'm not complaining but god damn now its WAY to small.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091118_210715.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091118_210715.jpg (236.82 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: My baby direhorn is now tiny

Unread post by Rawr »

Well it's name is Dinky...... :lol: Mine seems to be smaller than a minipet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image :mrgreen:

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Same here... not sure what Blizzard just did :lol: It's really small though...

Wain, I know you aren't a fan of the direhorns, but do you think you could mention it up the line? To be fair, not even the tiny frogs have been fixed yet either :lol:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Omg it's so cute...

I'm sorry to those of you who were attached to the big size though! I wonder if they did it intentionally? I never grabbed one of them myself but I might have been tempted if I knew they'd be teeny. :lol:
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Vephriel wrote:Omg it's so cute...

I'm sorry to those of you who were attached to the big size though! I wonder if they did it intentionally? I never grabbed one of them myself but I might have been tempted if I knew they'd be teeny. :lol:
This is a little TOO tiny... like, Bufo size tiny aka PVP concerning tiny. I just want him visible, he doesn't have to be huge! Even my battle pet is bigger ;)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Baby's KC and BC are so tiny and cute :hug: I have him killing critters like Baby Groot at the beginning of GotG Vol.2. :lol: :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Qinni wrote:WHAT HAPPENED TO IT? XD I'm not complaining but god damn now its WAY to small.
OMG Dinky is such a perfect name for it now
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Slapperfish wrote:I think this might be a side effect of the September 12 hotfixes:
Blizzard wrote:
Since they fixed the size that polymorphed players become, I think it stands to reason that these direhorn pets were indirectly and unintentionally affected.
Ohhhh, mystery solved!

Unfortunately, this means our chances of getting it reversed or our pets turned to a normal size are almost zero, knowing how Blizzard deals with coding :?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It also puts the baby Direhorns at risk for being removed or altered. Prior to this, their size wasn't an issue. But now since they are so small, some that have it might decide to exploit it in PvP.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Valnaaros wrote:It also puts the baby Direhorns at risk for being removed or altered. Prior to this, their size wasn't an issue. But now since they are so small, some that have it might decide to exploit it in PvP.
Haven't done anything about the frogs despite them being the same for months (and are even smaller, I checked). Would be massively unfair since the Direhorns were grandfathered in and there's still people running around with other unintentional tames even more 'upsetting' like the slimes. I dont' think there's enough who tamed it to actually exploit in PVP anyway :lol: From what I can see, along with the teensy toads, coders used the same 'creature' model as Hex (Toad) and Polymorph (Direhorn) and that's what's affecting the tames on our ends. The game thinks the mobs need to be shrunken down because they're 'CC'd mobs' when the programmers need to switch their polymorph/hex base model to a different line of code that isn't used by other aspects of the game.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are a lot of bugs and such regarding pets that they haven't touched yet; let alone the completion of the taming pass, but that doesn't mean that they aren't going to do anything.

Agreed, though it only takes a couple of people to abuse the small toads and direhorns for it to become a problem.