Older content pet tame wishlist

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Older content pet tame wishlist

Unread post by Wain »

I've started compiling a wishlist of untameable NPCs from older (pre-BfA) content that could possibly be tameable. This is actually the same list we had for 8.1 tames, but I'm now adapting it to older stuff (new content stuff appears at the top):

http://www.wow-petopia.com/tamecheck.php

Currently, I've just added NPCs that have unavailable looks, but any old content NPCs are fine. What would you like to see added?

I'll also continue to add any new content stuff as it appears.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Older content pet tame wishlist

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are those three quilen from the Iron Qon fight.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:There are those three quilen from the Iron Qon fight.
Ohhh yeah! I’ll look into those.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

The jade beast please ...
Someone who has contacts with Mr. Muffins remind him that that green quilen (only green) is not tame ... It is the one that I love ... if I do not have quiten why, because the closest is the golden ornaments and I do not like ...

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

PD: sorry for my English as an automatic translator.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote:The jade beast please ...
Someone who has contacts with Mr. Muffins remind him that that green quilen (only green) is not tame ... It is the one that I love ... if I do not have quiten why, because the closest is the golden ornaments and I do not like ...

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

PD: sorry for my English as an automatic translator.
I agree! That one is on there :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

the jade quillen and black bfa worg are two skins that always struck me as so odd they didn't end up on a tameable beast. The green quillen makes sense to not be tameable at content, but afterwards, I wonder if it was just an oversight or what. And the black legion worg really perplexed me, why is that color only in the dungeon? Its not like its a special color somehow tied to ol Fenny Boy, its just a black worg. Always odd it didn't get used elsewhere to me.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I saw this thread and the first thing I thought was "THE THREE SILITHIDS."

But you already added them. :lol:

Hmh.. you have quite a robust list, even got a bunch of Dread Ravens and Rocs on there.

I have no specific mob names at this moment, but, concerning models.

- Kunchong (Silithid)
- MoP Pythons (Serpent)
- Beavers (Rodent)
- Squirrels (Rodent)
- Prairie Dogs (Rodent)
- Defiant Devilsaur (Devilsaur with Gold armor)
- Old world Grubs/Maggots (Worms)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:the jade quillen and black bfa worg are two skins that always struck me as so odd they didn't end up on a tameable beast. The green quillen makes sense to not be tameable at content, but afterwards, I wonder if it was just an oversight or what. And the black legion worg really perplexed me, why is that color only in the dungeon? Its not like its a special color somehow tied to ol Fenny Boy, its just a black worg. Always odd it didn't get used elsewhere to me.
Taming the Beast of Jade stops the scenario progressing, which is why it was set untameable (it was initially tameable on the MoP Beta), but hopefully that's no longer be a major concern.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: - Defiant Devilsaur (Devilsaur with Gold armor)
Unfortunately that one couldn't be tamed even if it were flagged tameable, or I would definitely have added it :) It's sadly unattackable, even after you release it and it runs rampant. The same goes for the armoured direhorn that appears in the same situation on other days.

Some other things on your list I probably won't add to the page because we know the designers already rejected them outright (like grubs and realistic snakes, sadly :( ). Likewise, I won't be trying for any of the demon spider model, after the last one (in Nazmir) was turned into a Demon after I requested it be made tameable. Kunchong should maybe be their own family (or maybe ravagers, silithids and kunchong should be with beetles in a giant bug family?). Critter things, like beavers and prairie dogs, are perhaps a bit iffy, even if the whole family just critter things - they're probably worth pushing for (especially those electric beavers!), but as a different discussion. I'm mostly trying to keep the new models stuff to variants on things that are already tameable (say, with added armour), though I clearly violated my own guideline by including a couple of untameable roc models simply because there's no doubt they're pet material in an existing family, even if they're not tameable yet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Qraljar wrote: - Defiant Devilsaur (Devilsaur with Gold armor)
Unfortunately that one couldn't be tamed even if it were flagged tameable, or I would definitely have added it :) It's sadly unattackable, even after you release it and it runs rampant. The same goes for the armoured direhorn that appears in the same situation on other days.
Yeah, I derped a bit there. I saw it on petopia with a npc attached and no special note, so I thought it was available as a mob. Later checked the WoWhead comments and realized it was one of those types of mobs. I was aware that the Isle of Thunder had those types of mobs., just didn't know that mob was one of them.
Wain wrote:Some other things on your list I probably won't add to the page because we know the designers already rejected them outright (like grubs and realistic snakes, sadly :( ).
Really? I didn't know it was that concretely laid out by the designers already! I wonder why. Grubs really aren't that strange of a model to be tameable, and they just recently got an update. (the regular type, at least) I also don't think the MoP snake model is any worse or less usable than the MoP toads.. I won't claim to know better than Blizzard, but I'm going to admit I find it highly puzzling.
Wain wrote:Kunchong should maybe be their own family (or maybe ravagers, silithids and kunchong should be with beetles in a giant bug family?).
Yeah, possibly their own family. But since Silithid Colossi are part of the Silithid family, and Kunchong are related to the Aqir, I decided it would make some sense to have them in there if Blizzard doesn't want to make a unique family just for them. In reality, I would be glad with any insect family, new or old, for them.
Wain wrote:Critter things, like beavers and prairie dogs, are perhaps a bit iffy, even if the whole family just critter things - they're probably worth pushing for (especially those electric beavers!),
Curious. Personally, I think they should be fair play. I think since the Porcupine family's name change into a general rodent family, they really haven't done much to make use of the potential there is there. I wanted to add rats, but I considered that model to be too low-detail/pixellated.

Considering the mech family has a lot of critter type models and the addition of MoP toads as a tameable pet, I believed that beavers, prairie dogs, etc. would be a good addition to the rodent family. Similarly, if they ever added an unsaddled Ratstallion model, I think that could be a good addition too. In the end, it's up to them.
Wain wrote:but as a different discussion. I'm mostly trying to keep the new models stuff to variants on things that are already tameable (say, with added armour), though I clearly violated my own guideline by including a couple of untameable roc models simply because there's no doubt they're pet material in an existing family, even if they're not tameable yet.
Makes sense. I only considered different models because of the addition of dread ravens, rocs and abyss worms, to be honest. :lol:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Considering the mech family has a lot of critter type models...
I would say that mech critters are different due to them being capable of far more than a normal critter (anything from shooting lasers to being capable of flight), not to mention far more survivable. At least porcupines have their quills and marsuuls are imbued with either the Arcane or Fel. Unless the Squirrel or Prairie Dog is unusually big or something (which we have no examples of that I can immediately think of), I don't think that they would be good options as pets. The giant rat, of course, would be a great addition imo.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Rabbits. See the Darkmoon Rabbit to address any concerns of ferocity in combat. Also, ferrets. Ferrets are fierce little creatures easily as capable as an animal twice their size.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Darkmoon Rabbit is more of an exception than the norm amongst Rabbits. The only others that are vicious are those found in Drustvar and they are that way due to Drust corruption.
Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

I've been staring at Thunderhorn in Stormheim for quite a while wishing I could tame it. Even if the lightning effects from the horns are gone, it would be nice to have the light tan musk ox skin available.

Although I'd still really like to have the lightning effect pretty please Blizzard.

totally not so I can name it Flaaffy
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

"Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!"

Attachments
Rabbitattack.jpg
Rabbitattack.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The spiked grubs are so cute, and have really nice models. :( I wish they'd reconsider them for the worm family. I know the caterpillars were a special exception, but since we have them anyways now, it would be great to get the rest.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:The spiked grubs are so cute, and have really nice models. :( I wish they'd reconsider them for the worm family. I know the caterpillars were a special exception, but since we have them anyways now, it would be great to get the rest.
I really wonder why maggots are so off-limits? Well, I enjoy my Gorishi Grub regardless. But if I were in Blizzard's shoes, they'd be one of the first worms I would consider as a tame candidate. As far back as when worms were first added as a pet family.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Back when I played I always wanted to tame Zeebras, elephants , giraffs, cows, sheep, rams, ehmm nmøy mind ran dry. Might add more later

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

All I want for WoWaddingpetsthatshouldhavebeentameablefromthestart Christmas is Ji-kun. I need need NEED the second best carrion bird skin in the game as my pet (second only to the Teroclaw Chick). That, or they can get a pass by letting me tame one of those okapi-colored giraffes in Sholazar Basin.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yeah, abyss serpents were the third new model group I added. If they’re open to making them tameable I think 8.2 might be the best opportunity, since it’s all about the naga. Plus the variety of tameable beasts is otherwise likely to be low on Vash’jir - if you take a deep sea realm and expose it to air what beasts are likely to survive? Crabs, maybe some turtles, and the amphibious sea serpent models. Most other things would flop around and die. I guess there may also be 1000# of ravenous sea birds feasting away :lol: