Hati appreciation thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Hati appreciation thread

Unread post by Iowawolf »

This is an appreciation thread of the good boy and how grateful those of us who wanted him back are that we have him again but if you hated him and still don’t like him feel free to voice.

I shall begin…back in Legion before this was my main I was a Horde panda BM hunter and got my artifact mind you I was coming off WOD and hunters having one pet so I was like what the heck why am I forced with now two pets plus if you remember his ai was worse then near the end.

I hated Hati with a passion almost gave up being BM but something happened and the bugger grew on me then when I abandoned my Horde and started maining this guy he really grew on me.
Rest of the way through Legion as this guy with my annoying yet lovable storm mutt by my side saving my sorry butt more then I can count he even helped me give up on my Demon Hunter proving why he was the good boy.

So come BFA and Blizzard says sorry hunters but we are taking away Hati myself along with many others even non hunters went to the forums doing the #savehati and #hunters4hati movement hoping Blizzard listened.

Then 8.1.5 rolls out with Hati returns as a main thing I couldn’t believe it they did listen to us and were returning our Hatis back to us he has been my main pet ever since no other pet is such a good boy.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hati appreciation thread

Unread post by Bowno »

I still despise Hati. He was so broken. Fell out of love with my Hunter in Legion, and I think most of that was because of that damn dog.

Regardless, I am glad that people are able to at least get his skin back. It was unique and I know a lot of people enjoyed that weird dog. Its always good to have options.

Siggy under construction!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Seconding Bowno. Hati was useless throughout Legion due to exceedingly poor AI. Not attacking right away, taking longer to reach the enemy, just being an extra damage sponge with no real use other than a tad bit of extra damage, and overall just being forced on you. Hati may have been a good idea in some way, but he was definitely not implemented in a way that was god. Hati was a hindrance, not a help. He got me kicked out of a raid once because his incredibly bad pathing made him run TOWARDS a boss when I stood still after running to the group who was getting ready. He didn't attack, but just got too close for no reason when I wasn't close to the boss at all. I don't trust the Animal Companion trait for this very reason, even though I want it to be viable.

I am glad he came back for those who wanted him, even if he took the Spirit Beast slot. I was hoping for something more interesting, but at least he's not forgotten. He's gonna be collecting dust in my stable though.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

My beef with Hati was, yeah, his terrible TERRIBLE AI.

That said, now that he's a normal pet again, his AI is now fine, and he also isn't constantly 100% in my way all the time which is a massive improvement and I'm glad people can get the look back in a properly functional capacity.

.... I still haven't done this chain, as I've been focused on my shaman trying to grind my sorry ass to 110 for that sweet, sweet coat, but ONCE THAT'S DONE I will absolutely go back and at least snag the black skin.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket