Two Different Size Pterrordaxes?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Two Different Size Pterrordaxes?

Unread post by Flyra »

So my I summoned my gal Hel (red) next to another hunter's Pterrordax today to find that for some reason she absolutely dwarfed the other one!

Hel is a sitting Pterrordax from the Isle of Giants. Does anyone know what the smaller one is and can it's size be listed in the Petopia info?

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Two Different Size Pterrordaxes?

Unread post by Dialga »

It is likely the other hunter is using the (glyph?) that makes hunter pets smaller.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Dialga wrote:It is likely the other hunter is using the (glyph?) that makes hunter pets smaller.
Uhh good thought! I love the bigger one though ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I think there's something that makes other hunters pets appear smaller than yours in the coding. A guildie and I noticed it in raid once. I noticed he had the same pet I did (a Pantera) same color. I always noticed how his was smaller than mine, I assumed it was the glyph he must've been using.

One time he commented that he found it funny that my pet was so much smaller than his. I asked him what he was talking about, on my screen his pet was smaller. He said he thought it was just because I was using the smaller glyph, I said I never use that glyph cause I actually don't like small pets lol he said he didn't have the glyph either.

Our fellow guildie on discord said she noticed that to her, our pets looked exactly the same size. But when we stopped side by side, we hunters noticed that there was a size difference that depended on who was looking. I believe I still have the screenshot somewhere, but yeah, at least in Legion it appeared that there was something else that shrank other pets (that weren't yours).

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I definitely noticed that with warlock demon minions (our own are regular sized but appear much smaller to others), although I hadn't made the connection to hunter pets yet. That could definitely be the case though.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

I was curious about what Rikaku and Veph said so I got my partner to jump on his hunter and we tamed a bunch of Pterrodaxes to see if it was a coding thing

They were all the same size, then I got him to apply the glyph and....

I think that solves the mystery, haha! I feel like such an idiot. I've never seen that glyph in use before but it makes sense someone would use it on a Pterrodax because they are absolutely HUGE pets. :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730