Oondasta

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Oondasta

Unread post by Xcreeping »

So whats a dead realm we can tame this bad boy on?
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Oondasta

Unread post by Teigan »

I would like to offer the services of my Night Elf on Earthen Ring. That server is reliably dead. I haven't been there today, but I can run her out to the island and park her. Message me if you want to give that a go! :)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Remember to turn on Warmode. He's usually up with Warmode, as are the other rares like Loq.

Siggy under construction!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, good tip, thank you! My main hunter is on Proudmoore, so, it will be a neat trick to get him on that populated of a server. That might help.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Do any of you know how to server hop, because on my server, hunters wait in a huge line to tame Oondasta and I don’t wanna wait for hours just for a pet, it’s either I snatch it when no one is around or when people stop farming mounts, I want lots of help and I will thank whoever is real helpful for me to get a new friend for Thok
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Teigan wrote:I would like to offer the services of my Night Elf on Earthen Ring. That server is reliably dead. I haven't been there today, but I can run her out to the island and park her. Message me if you want to give that a go! :)

Thank you again for the help Teigan.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

You are welcome!! :D
worgpower wrote:Do any of you know how to server hop, because on my server, hunters wait in a huge line to tame Oondasta and I don’t wanna wait for hours just for a pet, it’s either I snatch it when no one is around or when people stop farming mounts, I want lots of help and I will thank whoever is real helpful for me to get a new friend for Thok
If you're Alliance on NA, I can help you :)
Aeolyn
Realm: Greymane-US

Unread post by Aeolyn »

Edit: You can actually make a group in the group finder on an RP realm using a trial character, log to your main, and join your own group. So long as the trial character is physically on the Isle of Giants it will port your Hunter when you accept the invite. Just used a trial mage to port to Stormwind, took portal to Pandaria, flew to Oondasta, invited my Hunter to my own group, tamed.

Both characters were using war mode.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Aeolyn is right. I did that exact method just now and am 1 armored devilsaur richer for it. Thank you alot for the helpful tip. Warmode makes the island lose alot of the campers. but warmode+RP realm with low pop is amazingly easy.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I assume for this trick you have to be able to multibox? Or can you accept invites from logged out characters?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

You can accept a party request through the custom group finder on a single account. the request does have a 5 minute timer but you should be able to swap between realms with enough time.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I thought he respawned relatively quickly as of some patch not too far back. Either that, or I just got lucky. When I arrived at his spawn point, the unattackable Troll was there cowering, implying that Oondasta had recently been killed or tamed. It was, perhaps, 10 minutes before Oondasta spawned and I was able to tame him.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I managed to tame it when there were a bunch of other people around. At first, everyone was civil; we formed a line, I was about 20th or so in it, and we'd take turns. A bunch of folks left because some others were taming out of order (IE some guy runs up out of nowhere and tames before the guy at the front), so I ended up 7th after about 5 spawns. Then, people just got disorganized and started trying to tame asap. I jokingly said "We should all just make a /tar Oondasta /cast Tame Beast macro and let god sort us out", but that actually happened and various people were yelling at one another. I managed to get it after 12 spawns, but I'm sure people were just as angry with me as they were with everyone else. A friendly outing with fellow enthusiasts became a cutthroat endeavor for useless pixels on a monitor. I just checked the island today, and now there's twice as many people there than there were yesterday.

I hope you guys get yours or have gotten yours with no drama.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I got him today, I got there when the server reopened and no one was there on WM, waited 5 min and got that badass devilsaur