Molten Front pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Desperia
Realm: Argent Dawn

Molten Front pets

Unread post by Desperia »

Hi guys so yesterday i finally caught Gon and Magria, did the quests in mount hyjal to get access to molten front as in there there are Skarr and Deth'tilac that iwant to tame both of them, ghowever upon searching the information is divided and i have no clue how it works now, do i need to finish the quest the shadow wardens or druids of the talon to deliver 150 marks of the tree to be able to tame them or i needed simply to have access to the portal to molten front? Cause i am inside for some gours and i havent seen any of them yet to tame them, ive seens online that its not needed, some say we need to finish the quests, can someone please enlight me about thi? xD
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Molten Front pets

Unread post by Bowno »

For Deth, I remember seeing him when I opened up the second area of the Molten Front. Not sure about Skarr, but I'm assuming its when you open up his general area for quests.
Though, I have heard there was some issue with some of the Molten Front pets not spawning properly. I'm not sure if it has been looked at or fixed.
Personally, I would suggest opening the entire thing up, just to get any risks out of the way.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I do remember some threads that popped up a while back talking about the Molten Front rares didn't seem to be spawning anymore. I...can't recall if we solved the mystery, or if they're still behaving that way. It might not just be you though. D:
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yes, there was that little issue, wasn't there? If I recall, I was able to find them on one of my hunters who is on a dead RP server. But that's hardly a large enough sample size to see if there's a problem with spawns.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

So im going to try my hand at taming Deth'Tilac again. Havent had much success so far in the last few years. Im at level 70, have stripped all my gear off but am afraid im still going to one shot him if i use concussive shot. I have a spider as a pet as some have said its web attack can help slow Deth down along with CS and Tar Trap.

For any of you who have had success during Dragonflight taming him what was your method if you dont mind me asking?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My method is super cheesy; get a druid friend. Have the druid constantly root Deth, use the Move To command, put your pet right in Deth's face, let Deth violate your pet, revive your pet, and repeat. It attacks based on proximity when it can't move, so a throwaway pet being used to make it hurt itself is the safest method. Slow and tedious, but effective.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:16 am My method is super cheesy; get a druid friend. Have the druid constantly root Deth, use the Move To command, put your pet right in Deth's face, let Deth violate your pet, revive your pet, and repeat. It attacks based on proximity when it can't move, so a throwaway pet being used to make it hurt itself is the safest method. Slow and tedious, but effective.
Thanks Werebear. Now to see if i can recruit a Druid. lol
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

So far been a pretty good day in the Molten Front.

But here is an update on how to tame the rares here at level 70:

Skarr/Karkin: You can just get close to the edge and tame.

Kirix: Get over to the side where Skarr and company are, find the ledge closest to where Kirix runs back and forth. When he is in range, tame.

Skitterflame: There is a ledge right above where Skitter spawns, just stand there and tame.

Solix: I worried about this but realized in the end at 70 this shit was easy. Basically just stay in the round blue pool (although i dont think overly necessary) start tame. kite him to the 2nd blue circle and tame. Once his buffs ran out i started to tame again and the dishes were done.

Deth'Tilac: No pet needed at 70. This is how i tamed without moving much at all. Concussive Shot, Cobra Shot, Ice Trap (laid beforehand), Concussive Shot, Cobra Shot (took him down to 16%). Again, no gear aside from a level 1 bow as i didnt want to accidently overkill. I also added the target health percent addon so that i could actually see where his health was at all times.

Im an extremely happy camper folks! :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

I'm kind of surprised that works for Deth'Tilac. I would've thought that at 70, even a level 1 bow would blow him away before you could tame.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Boven wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:15 am I'm kind of surprised that works for Deth'Tilac. I would've thought that at 70, even a level 1 bow would blow him away before you could tame.
Yea, i went in concerned and when i attempted to tame him with my alt hunter i did accidently kill him but that was my own fault. But with my main i got him down to 16% with no problem. I think my alt hunter is stronger for some reason because using the same system as the main i got him down to 2% but accidently shot him one more time. But just make sure you remove all your gear as you want to make yourself as less strong as possible. You still do have to worry about his one hit kill so you dont want to melee him either. :D
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

I'm half-tempted to try.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Boven wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:21 am I'm half-tempted to try.

Go for it man, when i tamed Deth with my alt hunters he was up after just about 3-4 hours. Easy peasy.