Can your pet attack you?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arddy24

Can your pet attack you?

Unread post by Arddy24 »

Hi all,

I am wondering what happens after your pet becomes unhappy? Does it leave you? How long until it leaves you once it reaches the unhappy state?

Also, does it ever attack you back when it is unhappy? And in this situation, is it tameable again?

Thanks!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Can your pet attack you?

Unread post by Ana »

It can leave you. It won't attack you. If a pet leaves then you need to go into the wild and tame another one.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's been a very long time since I've had a pet become that unhappy. I know they can run away when they lose enough loyalty, and I think in some cases if you abandon them when they're unhappy they turn into a hostile mob and attack you.
SarahJordan

Unread post by SarahJordan »

Namárië wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:53 am It can leave you. It won't attack you. If a pet leaves then you need to go into the wild and tame another one.
I hope no. Otherwise, it will be very-very strange from this point of view.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

SarahJordan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 pm
Namárië wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:53 am It can leave you. It won't attack you. If a pet leaves then you need to go into the wild and tame another one.
I hope no. Otherwise, it will be very-very strange from this point of view.

Only in Classic will the pet leave you. They removed pet happiness and such in 4.1.0 and Loyalty even before that, which was when pets could run away if they reached loyalty 0 and were grumpy. So. Unless you're playing classic, it wont happen any more.
I do kinda hope they bring it back to retail though. I've always missed the whole needing to tend to your pet.

Siggy under construction!

Arddy24

Unread post by Arddy24 »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My mistake for not mentioning - I'm asking in reference for WoW Classic only. The Classic.Petopia site redirected this forum to me, so I automatically assumed it was all classic related topics.

So to confirm - the pet CAN run away, but won't attack you?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It defo can run away. I don't know if it can attack you as I dont play classic. I guess the only way to know is to test it. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arddy24

Unread post by Arddy24 »

Thanks all :)