How to tame Banescale the Packfather?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
neifion

How to tame Banescale the Packfather?

Unread post by neifion »

I have a 120-level hunter and try to tame a 121-level Banescale the Packfather, as Petopia says “he's tameable at level 120 despite being level 121”. But why does it keep saying that this elite’s level is too high for me to tame?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: How to tame Banescale the Packfather?

Unread post by Wain »

neifion wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:56 pm I have a 120-level hunter and try to tame a 121-level Banescale the Packfather, as Petopia says “he's tameable at level 120 despite being level 121”. But why does it keep saying that this elite’s level is too high for me to tame?
He's not normally elite. Even Wowhead doesn't list him as elite. If this has changed it must be in 8.2.5. Can anyone else confirm this? :(

The +1 level tame thing doesn't work if the beast is elite.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: How to tame Banescale the Packfather?

Unread post by Wain »

UPDATE: Banescale is most definitely still tameable. I just got him to spawn and tested out taming him then (not just Beast Lore, I actually tested the tame spell). And he's not elite on my server. Are you absolutely sure you meant Banescale? If so, can you provide a screenshot? Maybe there are circumstances in which he appears as elite :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.