If anyone wants Blaithe: Corrupted Raven Lord Pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

If anyone wants Blaithe: Corrupted Raven Lord Pet

Unread post by Siliverin »

If anyone is looking to tame Blaithe for the Corrupted Raven Lord look, I have the quest on one of my Horde hunter and on my alliance mage, if anyone is wanting to tame that look since Anzu is still bugged. Btag is Siliverin#1391 :) Just send me a request and a whisper so i can hop onto the toon who has it :)
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Re: If anyone wants Blaithe: Corrupted Raven Lord Pet

Unread post by magepower13 »

I can do this as well for Hordies. Khelbin#1265
sixfifteen
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by sixfifteen »

Cheers again magepower.
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

Cool I might ask you for it since both of my 120 hunters (Tauren and Worgen) already did the quest chain back in Cata to tame the Spirit Beasts and fire Spiders. Does it despawn if you summon it on one toon then toon hop to tame it? My Undead hunter never did any of the Cata quests so I'm just wondering if it can be tamed by summoning on an alt and then toon hoping. Or is it like the white Cobra in Voldun where it despawns when you toon hop?
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It is possible, it is how I got it on siliverin my main, since the quest is on my other horde hunter Gamebreaker but it took being in a group and alt f4'ing a lot. It's a bit of a pain and time consuming but doable. It is just easier to have someone summon him.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Alrighty siliverin, I added you for the blaithe help, battle tag is Diablo15
Kojjiro
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Kojjiro »

Huge thanx to Siliverin, got Blaithe not once but x2....named one GameBreaker in honor of Siliverins toon that did this for me.....btw, they went over great in raid.

Anyone else notice that if you use Blaithe as the secondary pet he just floats around not runs?

TY
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kojjiro wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 am Huge thanx to Siliverin, got Blaithe not once but x2....named one GameBreaker in honor of Siliverins toon that did this for me.....btw, they went over great in raid.

Anyone else notice that if you use Blaithe as the secondary pet he just floats around not runs?

TY
You're welcome! i am glad i was able to help and that is awesome they went over great in your raid! i am happy to hear that! I have not used him as a secondary pet but now i think i will try it out and see if he does that for me as well. And may gamebreaker serve you well :D
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
spilledbees
Realm: Black Dragonflight, Gurubashi, Kil'jaeden

Unread post by spilledbees »

Hi gang, long time lurker, first time poster, so I hope you'll be patient if I'm posting in the wrong place! Sorry in advance, if so!

I'm trying to figure out how a Horde character starts this questline. I'm looking to train Blaithe on my newly-boosted Vulpera Hunter, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this questline started. Buzzed around Hyjal for a while and talked to a few NPCs, but I can't seem to get on the right track. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Welcome! and no worries, so you need to start the quest line that gets you going in Mount Hyjal, you will need to do all the starting quests in Nordrassil. You will continue on with the quests it gives you to go and take out some twilight cultists, and help move Staghelm. Once you finish all of that it will send you to go to help out followers of Goldrinn i believe, at that part you should be able to go to the shrine of Aviana and get the quest for Blaithe.
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Do you have an EU person who's able to help with this one? I have alts who haven't done the quest (I'm pretty sure) but that doesn't help my main hunter who did it about... ten years ago.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kurasu wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:08 pm Do you have an EU person who's able to help with this one? I have alts who haven't done the quest (I'm pretty sure) but that doesn't help my main hunter who did it about... ten years ago.
Sadly I do not know anyone who plays EU :(
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If it helps, I was able to tame Blaithe by myself using my own alt. It's easier to get someone else but if you're desperate or just antisocial, it can be done.

I made a note of which nest location I'd be using, quested on my alt up until the point they could summon Blaithe, had my hunter parked on the same nest spot, made a custom group in group finder (this may not be necessary if they're on the same realm, but maybe it doesn't hurt to be grouped). I summoned Blaithe, quit out of the game, logged into my hunter, then waited for my alt to be forced out (they remain in game for a couple minutes) and Blaithe aggroed onto my hunter and I could tame.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

The good news is that I was able to find someone on the quest (or rather, who put themselves on the quest for me).
The bad news is that the 'doing it yourself' wouldn't have worked because we were in a different phase.
The good news again is that because the other person and I were in group together, they were able to sync with me and they Ice Blocked so I could poke Blaithe and tame. :) Or rather, so I could hit 'Tame Beast', which pulled aggro, so I could tame.

I also notice that he keeps his name! Guess they listened to the 'Let us keep our non-rare-uniques names!' in 8.3 as well? :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, when I did my solo-tame I had to use a certain nest that was right on the outskirts of the phasing area so it would work, I can't recall the coords off the top of my head though >.<
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah the solo tame is definitely doable but a bit more work. I had to do it solo on my main because i did the quest back when it was current but had the alt who never did. I did the custom group finder trick, which worked,
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Dreddx

Unread post by Dreddx »

Thank you Siliverin you are awesome!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Just so people know, Anzu will be available in the prepatch. :)
Not that you can't still get Blaine if you want, but you'll no longer need to struggle to find someone on the quest if you only want the model!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Anzu is already available, I’ve tamed it on retail a few weeks ago before I replaced him with a fel raven