Happy Love Your Pets Day!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Happy Love Your Pets Day!

Unread post by Wain »

Apparently that's a thing, anyway.

I started a thread on Twitter asking people to post pics of their beloved pets, real-life or in-game:
https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 5447954432

But if you don't use Twitter feel free to post here (though since we already have threads devoted to both maybe it's not so important here!)

I posted about my old dog, Freya, who was immortalized in the game by a kind developer. She's next to me out the back of the Hunters Lodge:
freyja-ingame.png
freyja-ingame.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2622 times
This was her in real life, as a pup and as an old lady:

freya-young.png
freya-young.png (365.93 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
freya-old.png
freya-old.png (858.52 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
She was 15 when she died, but I still feel like part of me is missing, after all these years. Seeing her added to the game was without a doubt the best thing I've ever experienced in WoW. After they made her colour tameable I got a wolf in that colour and named her Freya as well, and she's now my main companion.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Happy Love Your Pets Day!

Unread post by Mozag »

Freya is beautiful, and how wonderful to have her immortalized in the game! :hug:

These are Zima and Papu, our family's beloved dogs. Zima is the bigger girl, a rescue dog with quite a bit of fears and traumas, although three years on, she's far more comfortable and confident than when we adopted her.

The little furball is my mother's dog, but he stays with us a lot and is definitely an equal member of the family. The kids adore him and his brave, confident mood. He and Zima complement each other perfectly, as she is nervous of larger dogs and feels comfortable with Papu, even though his enthusiasm and energy sometimes clearly bore her. :D
Attachments
IMG-20180204-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20180204-WA0002.jpg (191.81 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
IMG-20181121-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20181121-WA0000.jpg (161.78 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, they're both adorable :) It sounds like they're good for each other!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

How awesome they added your pet to the game Wain. Mozag your dogs looks so cute.

Milo is the best cat ever. Despise him being impossible we just love him. He is a velcro cat. He is everywhere I am. Bed, playing computer, on the toilet, in the shower etc. He needs to be near me. Hubby is a bit jaloux. Milo likes him too but he clearly prefurs me for some reason.

Just look at the happy face I look at when playing computer ..And getting killed /write the wrong code due to Milo laying half way cross the keyboard
20200213_115241.jpg
20200213_115241.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 566 times

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm a bit late, but Love Your Pets Day? That's a dumb holiday; I love my pets EVERY day, not just once a year! It's a pain to catch my cats with a camera since they know I want to take photos, but I have two abandoned cats I've taken in. One's a male tabby (I think? Orange with darker stripes) who's a fat and lazy little turd, and the other's a female tuxedo that loves to rub against my elbow and pee for almost five minutes at a time. Both were abandoned when their owners up and left without them on separate days, and they were strays that warmed up to me over months. Took forever to convince them to come inside during cold nights, but now they're indoor cats that enjoy the luxury of my (now theirs) couch.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:49 pm How awesome they added your pet to the game Wain. Mozag your dogs looks so cute.

Milo is the best cat ever. Despise him being impossible we just love him. He is a velcro cat. He is everywhere I am. Bed, playing computer, on the toilet, in the shower etc. He needs to be near me. Hubby is a bit jaloux. Milo likes him too but he clearly prefurs me for some reason.

Just look at the happy face I look at when playing computer ..And getting killed /write the wrong code due to Milo laying half way cross the keyboard
20200213_115241.jpg
He looks like a sweetie :)