Questions regarding Pet Sizes!!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
timelessboy
Realm: Defias Brotherhood [EU]

Questions regarding Pet Sizes!!

Unread post by timelessboy »

Hello all, i'm new here and am a fellow hunter like all of you guys!

I got a quick question here!

What are the largest pets (as in next to your character) that you can tame? I heard Oondasta is big next to your character when tamed. What others are really big like him?

Do players see my pets smaller in battlegrunds and/or arenas? (I know that in radis and dungeons they become smaller)

Also, is there an item that makes the pets bigger?

Thank you!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Questions regarding Pet Sizes!!

Unread post by Wain »

Hi and welcome! :)

I'm not too up on which pets are now the biiggest, but we've had discussions on that before and hopefully someone will respond.

But there's also this thread from 2018: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25603&p=600739

I hope that helps!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Questions regarding Pet Sizes!!

Unread post by Xota »

Of the pets I use regularly, my Clefthoof is the largest. Devilsaurs shrink down a lot. They used to start big and then have an ability that made them even larger. Now they're not much bigger than raptors. I've noticed that when a pet is summoned as a dire beast, (I think the glyph is "dire stable") it might show up as a much different size, more related to the size it was before you tamed it. I have one pet in particular I notice this on, but I don't want to say and jinx it. It's not a devilsaur though.

I think other peoples pets look smaller in BG too. I'm fairly certain I've noticed water elementals not matching, and both of us were using a glyph for water color (not size).

Kibbler's bits make your pet a little bigger. There's also Big Red Raygun, but the size increase only lasts briefly.