Skins With Minor Differences

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Skins With Minor Differences

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Restructured the post, going to just add any minor variations that are found.

Classic Stormcrows
Classic Black Stormraven Classic Black Stormcrow
Originally, we thought there was only one black stormcrow skin. In truth, we discovered there were small variations! Those using the "stormcrowskin" model have darker feathers and simplified animations, while those using "stormcrowdruidskin" are the original Night Elf druid flight form!
--Discovered by Lemilia Luna
Animated Example - https://gfycat.com/coarsefantasticarrowworm

Eagles
Light Brown Eagle
ImageImage
Pictured on the left is Spitefeather, a spawned NPC with a few slight differences from the other Light Brown Eagle models. All other Light Brown Eagle models have a low resolution texture when viewed up close, but Spitefeather has a better resolution and extra tufts of feathers!
--Discovered by Lemilia Luna
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sat May 02, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Different Black Hawk skins

Unread post by Xota »

oh wow, you're right. You can tell if you look at the animations on wowhead. They have a different list of animations, and the animations that "overlap" look different. The Fjord Crow version looks kind of like owl animations.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Huh, that's interesting!

I'm pretty sure I know why that's the case. Without looking, I'd bet one is the druid flight form and the other the 'wild' model version.

I'll check it out later and fix them on the site. Thanks for reporting it :)

If these models are ever updated for the game I suspect this is one of the differences that will go away.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ok, I believe I've sorted them:

Classic Black Stormraven

Classic Black Stormcrow

(I had to make up some appearance names to differentiate them).

The former is used by Dire Raven, Brood of Anzu and Fjord Crow. The latter uses the same model as the brown version and is used by Daggercap Hawk and Duskwing Crow.

They actually use the same skin, but the way it's arranged and clipped on the first appearance means it looks a bit darker.

Thanks again for reporting this :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Skins With Minor Differences

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Again discovered by Lemilia Luna;
ImageImage
Light Brown Eagle has a unique mob among them. Spitefeather, a spawned NPC in Stormheim, has visible differences; tufts of feathers and better texture resolution!

We need to expand our searches and find mobs with tiny details that are different. I've updated the original post with what we have so far.