Quest to Cleanse Gara?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Faeryn Shea
Realm: Elune

Quest to Cleanse Gara?

Unread post by Faeryn Shea »

Just a question / musing;
I hadn't done the quest to tame Gara in a long time, but I just finished it recently again, and Mother Om'ra mentions finding a way to cleanse the void corruption from Gara.
Was this ever implemented? Might it be? The glowing ghostly form Gara has before being corrupted was lovely, and it occurred to me I had never heard any kind of follow-up for it. So I thought I would ask and see if anyone had heard anything.

I created an account just to ask about this, but I also just want to say thank you to the whole community here, Petopia has been one of my favorite places to visit for many years now!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Quest to Cleanse Gara?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Faeryn Shea wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:41 pm Just a question / musing;
I hadn't done the quest to tame Gara in a long time, but I just finished it recently again, and Mother Om'ra mentions finding a way to cleanse the void corruption from Gara.
Was this ever implemented? Might it be? The glowing ghostly form Gara has before being corrupted was lovely, and it occurred to me I had never heard any kind of follow-up for it. So I thought I would ask and see if anyone had heard anything.

I created an account just to ask about this, but I also just want to say thank you to the whole community here, Petopia has been one of my favorite places to visit for many years now!
As far as I know, there never was a follow-up for Gara. I speculate that it was originally intended for us to be able to cleanse Gara, but like many things in WoD was never implemented and the idea was scrapped.
Faeryn Shea
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Faeryn Shea »

That's what I figured. The more I read about Warlords and the sheer volume of content scrapped, the more disappointed I am. Ah well, perhaps the future will see a quest to cleanse Gara of her void taint, but even if not, I shall continue to love that purple pupper.
Thanks for the response!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Faeryn Shea wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:32 am That's what I figured. The more I read about Warlords and the sheer volume of content scrapped, the more disappointed I am. Ah well, perhaps the future will see a quest to cleanse Gara of her void taint, but even if not, I shall continue to love that purple pupper.
Thanks for the response!
Happy to help :)