Spirit beast #2 not stealthy-looking

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
hubbahubba
Realm: Kilrogg

Spirit beast #2 not stealthy-looking

Unread post by hubbahubba »

I recently started using my hunter in beastmaster spec after a long time in marksmanship. My pet of choice is a ghostcrawler that I tamed several years ago. Now wanting a second, I tamed another one today. The first always appears to be steathed despite not using Spirit Walk, while the one I got today does not. Is this normal for two of the same spirit beast? Is there a way to make them both look stealthed all the time?
uhno

Re: Spirit beast #2 not stealthy-looking

Unread post by uhno »

If you use the recently gotten one as the main pet does it look the same? Animal companion is kind of weird to me.
For example if you have the glyph that reduces the pet's size, the main pet gets smaller but the companion does not.
hubbahubba

Yes, I've swapped them several times between call-pet status and the #1 position in my stable, and whichever one appears first is stealthy - maybe 20% visible, while the second one to appear is fully visible. You may still be onto something though - I'm just not sure what could be modifying the main pet. Thank you.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Maybe the animal companion just isn't displaying Ghostcrawler's natural transparency correctly?
hubbahubba

Yes, that could be. I thought perhaps there were others who had a pair of the same spirit beasts who either did or didn't have the same issue. That would tell me whether my issue is somehow unique to my settings. Thx.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That is really odd, because they def. should look the same. At least you now know it's the animal companion thing and not the individual pet. Odd, though. I wonder what else might do the same thing. Pets with auras?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
hubbahubba

Finally stumbled across the answer. The stealthed pet is Spirit Walk mode. Just command it to attack via Spirit Walk and it will de-stealth after the attack. Unfortunately, there's no way to put both pets in stealth mode (that I can find) which is what I was originally hoping for.