Pets with auras/effects in SL Beta have had their effects removed. Is this just because of character copy issues?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cootie

Pets with auras/effects in SL Beta have had their effects removed. Is this just because of character copy issues?

Unread post by Cootie »

Hey all,
First time I've been in a WoW beta and I decided to log in and check it out. I visited the stable and pulled out some of my pets, such as the oil-stained wolf and the burning pig and discovered they no longer have the effects/buffs that cause the effects. Is this a result of beta character copy or have they gotten rid of the cosmetic pets once and for all? Maybe someone who has been in a beta before can share insight with me.

Thanks!
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Pets with auras/effects in SL Beta have had their effects removed. Is this just because of character copy issues?

Unread post by Dialga »

Yes, this is a known effect of copying characters. Happens on the PTR as well. Your pets will be fine when live drops.
Cootie

Re: Pets with auras/effects in SL Beta have had their effects removed. Is this just because of character copy issues?

Unread post by Cootie »

I really appreciate the response, thank you. I'll leave my post up incase other curious people come along. :)
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

I appreciate it too! Just got into beta myself Thursday night and it was one of the first things I checked. Was pretty bummed till I came here and searched it up.

It's a weird random copy bug, though -- I've been able to bring my hunter into most betas with pet effects intact. I have one of those Ghostpaw Runners from Ashenvale that I managed to tame in ghost wolf form, but if he dies he'll lose ghost form forever. I've been testing it whenever I get into beta and was able to test it for MoP, WoD, and BfA. Loses ghost form when he dies and gets revived every time so far; I've kept him safe in the stables all this time hoping it'll get grandfathered in eventually.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have a sha-corrupted crocolisk from MoP, and oddly enough he preserved that effect through my beta character copy. I suppose it's a bit random.
TwoJoints
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by TwoJoints »

A little worried about this one. My hunter on PTR that I copied before this new update also lost all their auras. They were there before but are gone now.