Fun Bug: Electrified Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Fun Bug: Electrified Pets

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

This is apparently a bug that's been around for years now, but a kind hunter I met when on an alt helped me figure this out. If you go to the Isle of Thunder, there is an NPC named Itoka. When Itoka's health is brought under 50%, he'll become immune and light up four pillars. Surrounding these pillars are small puddles of electricity. If you move your pet into that pool and it takes damage, it will be affected by the debuff "Electrocuted". At level 120, the buff (yes, buff) says it deals 5,517 damage per second. Thankfully, it only does double digits, and it's entirely negligible. The pet will have an electric field around it visually, and the buff will only leave when the pet is killed or when entering arenas. It stayed when I entered time walking though.

For the record, this buff does not provide game-breaking benefits or negative effects. At worst, you'll only get slightly annoyed by the constant damage text from your pet. It is purely visual. The screenshot doesn't do it justice, but I'm too lazy to make a gif for it lol.

EDIT: The damage scales up a bit when you stable the pet and pull it out. It also does not show this effect when the beast is an animal companion. Be sure to mend your pet every now and then!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081220_171558.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_171558.jpg (372.41 KiB) Viewed 7147 times
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Fun Bug: Electrified Pets

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nice, I did this with my Hati. The Foam Sword toy works on Itoka. This electric effect is much more frenetic than Hati's natural one. If your pet feigns death, the visual effect turns off, but they still have the buff. All you have to do is dismiss and re-summon to get the effect back. Even after I stabled Hati, the damage was still negligible and my pet's natural healing took care of it.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Fun Bug: Electrified Pets

Unread post by Xota »

o wow. I used a raven for Hati during legion, and have missed the 'storm crow' effect.

the screen shots don't do it justice, the effect is so fast your eye/brain remembers the frames that the screenshot can't get. If you have the Narcissus addon, the VisualID is kind of 3769, except without the big horizontal lens flare (that's on visible the moment the buff is applied). Here's two screenshots superimposed on each other (so you also see a ghost image of where my raven was flapping). It's not the same visual as Hati's essence swapper gave (69707), but it's still very rad. If it is every removed because of the DoT, I hope it or the essence swapper visual gets added in like Machine Fluid was for oil-stained wolves.
itoka.png
itoka.png (185.51 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
akunda.png
akunda.png (361.67 KiB) Viewed 7099 times
edit: it breaks camo :( oops stegosaurs :lol: